Ashley Furniture / ashley doesnt honor their warranty

1 Wilmington, NC, United States Review updated:

I will make this short and to the point. We purchased our first brand new sectional set and after a month reconfigured the set up in our room and noticed the metal framed recliners were rusted underneath. After muliple visits from their technicians and finally the store owner, they told us it was our fault and would not honor any warranty. Yeah, we caused a metal frame to rust after a month, good one huh? We took them to small claims court and learned that they (Ashley)issue the warranty and then the store owner decides weather or not to honor it. Is that fair? The magistrate judge didn't think so, so he ruled in our favor and do you think we have seen a dime of the money awarded? NO!!! This has to be the biggest joke of an owner who represents a company i have ever seen. Someone commented on another complaint site that they hope someone brings the whole company down in a class action lawsuit. I think that would be fitting. I would strongly discourage any one from doing business with this company if this how they handle customer sevice.

C

Comments

• Ca
      20th of Nov, 2008

If you have won in court, look at the back of your check, and put a lien on ashleys bank account .You will need court papers that show you won.This is what I plan on doing.