Asda VarifocalsROBBED

ROBBED!! ( ASDA opticians)
I'm really struggling with my prescription reading glasses, having to have them on and off so much now.
On the 15/11/12 off I go to ASDA, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. Pay my £15, and although the eye test is a little expensive, ( I feel maybe they will take more care ). I explain in detail my problems, that I wanted glasses that I could wear to read, draw from my computer monitor, (as I draw portraits).But could also se to walk around in.
The optician seemed very understanding and even brought his laptop over to check that I could se it clearly. He advised that I got some varifocal lenses, and that I would be able to do all that I ask and would be able to wear them all the time.
I told him how five years ago I had been prescribed varifocals, only after much perseverance I found I could still se much clearer over the top of them, than through them. How I ended up having to take them back to SPECSAVERS, were they had REFUNDED THE DIFFERENCE and I took away with me the prescription reading glasses that I have today.
The optician told me, "that was some years ago", convincing me again it was varifocal lenses that I needed. I picked out some great looking frames for £40 paid £29.50 for each lens total cost £99, and went away a happy bunny.
I got the phone call saying my glasses were ready to be picked up. Although they felt totally wrong I was told to go away and I would get used to them. Even though I couldn't se were I was walking, reading was tunnel vision, (most of the page out of focus), I could not even se my keyboard clearly, I tried very hard to get used to them. I took them to work, but walking up and down the stairs was dangerous wearing them. I tried a work mates varifocals on and could se much better in them!!(I think I could have got used to those). My glasses were not fit for purpose, neither could I read well, se my monitor clearly, or walk safely wearing them.
A month passed and Christmas was upon us. I phoned ASDA opticians, explained I was having problems with my new glasses, and that I obviously needed an appointment to sort things out, but my working hours were so unpredictable right now. Rachel, tells me I need to se David the manager. They don't do appointments to se him, I need to phone on the day and they will let me know if he is in. I told her I was concerned if there was a time limit but Rachel said not to worry, just come in when you get time.
Christmas came and went. I phoned ASDA on two occasions but the manager David was not in. Over this time still trying to use the glasses at home around the house. I had the flu when ASDA phoned saying my file was still open, that they had notes saying I had called, and was I still having problems with my glasses? My husband said that I was, and would come in when I was feeling better .
On 29/1/13 I took my glasses back to ASDA opticians. I politely asked if the Manager David, was there, and could I se him as I was having problems with my glasses?. The lady looked at my receipt, and promptly told me I was over my 60 day time limit, If I really wanted to se David, he was due in so I could do some shopping while I wait. An hour latter I get to se the manager, who also tells me I had now had my glasses over 60 days. When I said Rachel had told me not to worry, just come in when you can.
He went away, come back, said "I have spoken with Rachel, but she's just an apprentice"! Also when told I had phoned but he was not there, said "I am allowed time off".
I told the manager, that I cannot say what is wrong with the glasses, only explain the problems I am having with the glasses, and why I couldn't use them. I had paid £99 for a pair of glasses that were useless to me.
I was told that I must have given the wrong information to the optician during my eye test.
If I wanted another eye test, I would have to pay another £15.
I should have worn the glasses continuously for two week.(Even though I'd told him it was dangerous for me to do so).
If I didn't WANT my glasses to work for me, they won't!!
Only one in a hundred people have problems with varifocals.
When I said, what about bifocals? He said NO!
I COULD NOT HAVE A REFUND. They NEVER give money back!!
All he could offer was ….
He would replace my expensive lenses with reading glass lenses. That wouldn't be much difference to the reading glasses I walked in there with. But WONT refund the difference.
Or.. he was happy for me to just go away with the useless glasses .

So I am now waiting for £70 worth of reading glasses, which I already have a set off for my
£99+ £15=£114 I spent at ASDA.
(If THEY are wrong, it seems it's my tough luck).
When asked if I could have my varifocal lenses since I'd paid for them, when they are replaced .He first said YES, Then said, " They usually send them to the Third world.!!
Is THIS …ASDA, Saving you money every day ?!!

Ma