[Resolved] Asdahome grocery

Ignored letter by ASDA Head Office, Customer Services and Leamington Spa Store. Cancellation of Order: Total* £286.84
I refer to a cancelled order on 18 October which was booked between 1 – 3p.m. At 15.55 p.m., when the order had still not arrived, I rang Customer Services to find out what the problem was. Just to put this into context, I am a regular Asda Home Shopping Customer, spending similar amounts per month (£150-£250).On this occasion; the amount was £286.84, a large shopping order for an Anniversary Party. I was told by Customer Services that my Asda Money Credit Card was refused at the till so therefore my order was cancelled. I told Customer Services that there was no reason why my card should have a problem with my card; that in any case, Asda Home Shopping Customer Services should have communicated with me at any point on the 18 October to inform me about this. I received no phone call or email. The Customer Service was actually appalling.
I explained to Customer Services that the reason for the order was the food/drink for a party of 80 people for my own 25th Wedding Anniversary on the Saturday 19 October. I was informed that Asda would have to follow its 'own rules and the earliest possible delivery' would be Saturday 19 October 1-3 p.m. This was a joke, given the amount of food that had to be cooked for the party, and also the fact that I was also cooking for 14 relatives that evening who were staying for the party.
I immediately telephoned Asda Money Credit to find out what the problem with the card was. I was informed that at 6.03 a.m. on Friday 18 October, that the amount of £286.84 was approved by the credit card company and sent to Asda Home Shopping. Clearly the Customer Service team have been trained extremely well to lie to customers as opposed to trying to resolve issues.
I rang Customer Services back immediately and informed them that my card had actually not been declined and that they held my money. I have evidence of this. Unfortunately, Customer Services have also been trained to be as unhelpful as possible, no matter what the circumstance: my request to speak to a manager fell on deaf ears. I was told that all the managers were busy; that they were in meetings! Pathetic. In my line of work, when there is a problem, you sort it. I then requested a telephone call back from a manager in Customer Services within the next half hour so I could sort the problem. Unfortunately Customer Services failed to ring back. What a surprise!
As I was unable to refer the matter immediately to a manager, I opted for ringing the Leamington Spa Manager who was extremely helpful; although he knew nothing about this order, he rang back within 50 minutes, as promised, and was able to tell me exactly why the order had not been delivered. He also understood the situation, showed some empathy, that the reason that the large order was needed on that particular day for an important family occasion. This was something that Customer Services could not care less about. At this point, I found out from the Leamington Spa Manager that Asda Customer Services had an alleged system issue that morning and the order had not gone to the Asda Store in Leamington Spa. Despite chasing Asda Home Shopping, there was still no communication from Customer Services to attempt to resolve the situation.
Asda Home Shopping Customer Service failed to resolve a simple situation and staff have lied about the reasons for this cancelled order. This lie has been acknowledged by Megan, from Customer Services, who eventually rang back at 6.40 p.m. on 18 October. The offer of an e-voucher to the value of £15 for a set time period, is particularly pathetic, given that: not only did the order not arrive – it was cancelled without my knowledge; that I was then lied to by Customer Services; that my money was actually taken from my credit card by Asda; that there was a distinct lack of communication from the start (no response from when the card was allegedly declined from 6.03 a.m. until 6.40 p.m.); no attempt to resolve the situation amicably. This is in addition, to the sheer inconvenience and hassle of then having to collecting guests from the Train Station; of re-creating the shopping list, rushing into another supermarket on a busy Friday shopping evening, in order to purchase the food and then cook for the guests on Friday evening late and for the party the next day.
Clearly Asda Home Shopping has failed to honour its customer contract obligations. I expect immediate confirmation from Asda that you have returned the full amount to my Asda Money Credit Card for £286.84. If this has not been done, please ensure that this is done on receipt of this letter; I have already authorised my credit company to set up a dispute with Asda if this does not happen immediately. I am very happy to take this matter further and, if necessary, publish your response is it is not adequate.
Asda are not entitled to any payment for this order, as you could not even fulfil your part of the contract and deliver the order as agreed. Asda should not be taking payments for services it has not provided. As far as I am concerned, the offer on an e-voucher of £15 is inadequate. I hope this letter helps Asda Customer Services to look very closely about how it is treating its regular customers. I look forward to your prompt response.
6 Nov. Of course, ASDA, have not replied to the 2 letters sent to date. I tried to email on the website but this was not working. I was also forced to choose an option (which was not relevant to my issue). I rang up ASDA, went through the patronising details 'can I call you by that name...' and put on hold. Customer Service was not sure they had an email to give out. This prevents people from making complaints! Eventually the line went dead. I am now sending another letter to ASDA Head Office, recorded delivery. Watch this space.

• Resolution statement

Wrote to CEO. Response within minutes from his personnel. Fully apologetic, wanting to learn from the errors of their ways and £40 vouchers offered for inconvenience which was accepted.

Ja
Nov 06, 2013

Comments

Nov 15, 2013

I eventually sent email to CEO ASDA, Andy Clarke wtith my above complaint. Within an hour, there was a call from ASDA Head Office who were very apologetic and helpful. Offered £40.50 vouchers off next shop. They are pleased to hear customer feedback so they can do better!!

Aug 04, 2014

hi who do i need to contact to make a similar complaint? asda didnt deliver the shopping as a driver was off sick! But they still kept my money!My kids had no food for nearly 2 days and had to use my bill money to buy food so ran out of gas and electric! Its summer hols and cant take the kids anywhere either cos they kepy £56 pounds when the shopping was only £52 lol I am getting passed round all over have made more than 10 calls to both the store and customer services they are changing their story over and over i have been give a £15 voucher but i dont want to shop with them again :-( i tried calling head office number but got through to the same people lol

Sep 11, 2014

Head Office in Asda - Leeds

•   Mar 28, 2018

ASDA Home delivery Totally unreliable in Leeds, products ALWAYS out of stock etc!

IF 'substituted' its for the worse!

ASDA Leeds is appalling and totally unreliable.

For instance ASDA Frozen fish something that can be frozen for months is always 'out of stock' and No substitute be made.

This occurs every other order with your :- Young's 6 Chunky Fish Fillets in Crispy Breadcrumbs 690g

Its absurd and highly time consuming and costly for anyone let alone a disabled man who relies on food deliveries literally going without and have to try and order again and again trying to get whats advertised on their website costing me yet more money!

Plus ASDA substitutes again are leaving me short IE Milk.

I ordered 3 six pints with is 18 pints in total and yet your staff substituted it for the same milk but 4 Four pint containers which adds up to 16 Pints ! Two pints short of the very same milk.

How can that be a Fair 'Substitute' ?

ASDA get your act together!

Stop refusing to take Your customers emails via ASDA Executive relations email and your so called 'customer service' email...Forcing us to go through your utterly indifferent and ignorant offshore call centers who don't care a jot!