Ascentive / says you can cancel but keep part of the money

After seeing their "Finally Fast" TV add, I decided to try it. It said I could have a free scan, but the website is so confusing I ended up being charged for one product plus a $4.95 download charge plus a backup CD. I didn't even see a place to order a CD. I realized that to "fix" all of the problems they claim you actually have to buy several different softwares. One to speed up the registry etc, another to speed up the internet connection, another for safe surfing...I think there were 6 in all!

Stay away from this company!

Li

Comments

• Ro
      7th of Jan, 2009
    Ascentive - Fause Advertisement
    ascentive.com

This advertisemtent regarding this fast running computer regarding Ascentive is not what it is cracked up to be. First they say it will only cost $29.00, however my credit card got charged almost $50.00. It is truely a rip off and they should be investigated with their false advertisement scam.

• Du
      13th of Mar, 2009

Couldn't agree more. I wish I had visited this site and it would have saved me also.

• Ri
      18th of Mar, 2009
    Ascentive - CANT ERASE POPUPS
    ASCENTIVE
    ASCENTIVE.COM

I DECIDED NOT TO USE THERE PRODUCTS BUT THEY KEEP POPPING UP EVERY TIME I TURN ON MY COMPUTER--HOW CAN I GET THIS TO STOP AND JUST GO AWAY

• Ar
      7th of Apr, 2009

I cannot get their crap off my computer...it even pops up while I'm sending an e-mail and covers the whole gd screen. Can anyone out there help me? flcamerarepair@aol.com

• Sk
      16th of Jun, 2009

It could be possible that their programs are still installed. Try to go to Start > All Programs and see if Ascentive is there. If it is, then that is the reason their program is still coming up on your screen. You have to uninstall it. Ask them how.

16th of Jun, 2009

reading what is included before confirming your purchase may have prevented you from experiencing this issue.

• Na
      25th of Jul, 2009
    Ascentive - No refund
    Ascentive

I e-mailed Ascentive as soon as I made a purchase that was led to my paying more for yur program that I want to pay. I have yet received a confirmation that Orer #1900668344 has been cancelled. please reply.

Your program has NOT made my computer faster - it acts just the same!

18th of Aug, 2009
    Ascentive - Add keeps popping up

Everytime I turn on my computer Ascentive Performance Center comes up and I DO NOT want it. How can I get rid of it popping up on my screen

• Sm
      14th of Sep, 2009

I tried Ascentive free scan but did not buy. I ran the uninstall but this did not remove the Ascentive program.
    I then used PREVX 3.0 which identified the Ascentive application as a root kit and PREVX sucessfully removed it.

14th of Dec, 2009

I have purchased the Ascentive programs. When the programs would not work, I cancelled my order and subscription to include the request for a refund. I have yet to receive this refund.

• Po
      29th of Mar, 2010

I have immediately filed the report against Adam Schran (by the way, here is what looks like to be a video of this jocker on YouTube, so watch this D..k who is in charge of the company taking money out of your accounts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSBwyNnxG5w ) and Ascentive, LLC with the following authorities:

Philadelphia Police Department

Philadelphia, PA 19106
    Philadelphia.complaints@ic.fbi.gov

FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection

Pennsylvania Attorney General:

Please do the same as I did. Don’t waste your time with the ###. Thank you.

• De
      16th of Mar, 2011
    Ascentive - Money taken from credit card for software not ordered
    Ascentive

Two amounts of annual fee $29.95 have been repaid but Ascentive refuse repayment of initial amounts $34.90 and $47.85 taken from credit card.

• Un
      27th of Aug, 2014

Won't credit my refund of $129.00. But trying since Aug 13, 2014. They keep you on hold or pass you around. They always say they will sent management a email for refund. Still waiting and computer still has the same issues, Tried that day for them not to post to my card. With in 30 minutes it was pending on my card. Cancel credit card immediately. Put a complaint with my bank regarding my issue the same day of supposedly they did the service. If they clean my computer. Then why is my computer running even slower and more pop up then ever. I put a complaint with the better business bureau Aug 27, 2014. Also emailed days after first attempt. With no response as of Aug 28, 2014. Called and was passed around for over a hour. Until I called from another phone number. They told me that the email been sent again for the request for refund. But, also gave me fake names. I will write a complaint to [redacted].com. I posted on Ascentive"s Face book page of my issue. But the only post positive comments. Their contact information is a Philadelphia, Pa Address with a fax #. I have 3 different 800 numbers for this company. Beware of their services. I found this site on Microsoft.com. I did report this with Microsoft and the sent me other places I am able to report this company. They are looking into this also since it is also their web sites. Lesson learned beware of advertising software on computer. You are must better off having it fix by a reputable company where you drop off and pick up. Buy security program. I starting useing Trend Micro and is very pleased with it. I bought a year program for 3 computers. It stops everything. Will continue to use this every year. Isn't to expensive of a software. Don't use Ascentive they rip you off and makes your issues worst.

Stay away from...