ascendtech computer partsparts replacement policies

Bought a package deal of 10 motherboards including processors, fans, memory stick and Hardrives.
The 10 motherboards that I needed according to service dept. were in stock.
I transferred the required funds into Ascendtech’s a/c.
After 3 weeks and NO items turning up I contacted the service dept
to be told that the Motherboards i ordered were ALL FAULTY and I would need to choose another board to suit my needs.

With the help of one of the service people the goods finally arrived in Australia some 4 weeks later.
Every thing was well packed for shipping but the only BIG problem I faced was the fact that none of 10 400gb hardrives worked.
They were all 5 to 6 years old and when I queried a “manager”
about the age of the product, he pointed out they deal with “new, used and refurbished products.

I was further told that all the hardrives were tested before leaving ascendtech and were all working-I could return them to the USA and they would be replaced with all shipping costs to be paid for by me-the consumer !

I personally wouldn’t deal with this company again

Comments

• Up
      Nov 19, 2011

My experience with Ascendtech mirrors yours. I am researching consumer complaints to determine the possibility of a class action lawsuit. The evidence points to a company falsely advertising refurbished merchandise and relying on illegal contract clauses to relieve them of liability.

• Ke
      May 29, 2012

I wish I had researched this company before trying to do business with them. They sent me a monitor which stopped working the the same day I received it. In "accordance with their return policy", they now want me to pay for the shipping of the 20lbs DOA merchandise back to them and consider a favor not to charge me with the 20% restocking fee. When I said I would complain at the BBB, they answered that they were not a member and that it was [sic] childish and vindictive of me to think about that.
    As a side note, it was really not obvious when I ordered it that this was a refurbished unit. The plastics are indeed more scratched than any monitor I have ever seen and I am not surprised it does not work. Is that so abnormal of me to want my money back at no charge?