Arise / Treatment of applicants

Before I contracted with Arise I was with another "well respected" WAH provider. The training was a compression of about 2 months of information into 6 days. I have no idea how anyone could keep up.

There were precious few (2) opportunities for extra help... "just keep doing the practice sessions... you'll get it."

Well I didn't get it. They were patient up to a point but with the antiquated computer system, too much information, no support, and the required extra training I was terminated.

Now I see Arise who, once they got my contact information pursued me with emails phone calls, discounts on fees.

Finally when a client came up that looked reasonable I took the bait and signed up. Everything changed once my payment cleared.

Instructions on how to set up for my course NEVER worked and those friendly people all sent me to the live support group or just ignored my request for help.

I tried live support however after several 1 hour waits I gave up. My time is important as well. Once I did get a tech who took over my desktop... did a few things and explained to me that I needed to finish up with the instruction that he pointed out.

Now I'm one who can follow instructions but these just plain did not work. Actually at one point my case on the resolution center disappeared!

Now they are all resolved (to their standards (telling me to go to live support) but I've followed the instructions many times and cannot make things work as they say they should.

Arise is a "My way or the highway" operation and I would not recommend them even from my personal experience, let alone the things I've read here.

There must be an opportunity that treats it's contractors with respect and is willing to give help when asked.

BTW I once found a blog where people talked openly about their WAH experiences.. who is good, and who is not. Does anyone have that web address?

I must work from home but will certainly trade big $$ for a fair and respectful affiliation.

Ka

Comments

• Mi
      26th of Mar, 2010

I am sorry to hear you had such a negative experience. Did you triple check that your work PC met the minimum requirements? I thought mind did and after a PC scan, was told that it did not meet. I had Google Chrome and the wrong version of Java. Once I was able to fix, my tech issues were resolved.

Unfortunately, for any tech issue, you have to go to live support. Folks in chat will not be able to assist you. While I agree that your time is important, so is everyone else’s time. While not your ideal answer, it was still an answer none the less.

In any event, I hope you find something that will work out better for you.

• Am
      22nd of Mar, 2011

http://www.ratracerebellion.com/ is the website you are looking for