Apria Healthcare Inc. / where has the service gone!

1 760 E McDowell Rd.Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: (602) 257-9347

Where has the service gone. This DME provider (now the only durable medical equipment provider in the Phoenix area) is in serious need of investigation either internally or by the insurance companies that pay them. Equipment is extremely slow in delivery, sales persons do not return calls, and there is a general disregard of the consumer by the personnel. It appears as though the employees have no supervision (or a very poor one) as they can do what they want, when they want, and to whom they want. Trust me, if there were a viable alternative, I would drop Apria in a heart beat.

J

Comments

• Mj
      16th of Jun, 2008

I work for Apria Healthcare and this the starndard st by the company nation wide. If you are a new customer you get treated like the most important person, until your first delivery then no one cares about you anymore. It's all about making money. The prices charged are way out of line. The company pays $17 for each nebulizer and charge you $288 to purchase, and renting them will cost you $54 a month. Some customers have been renting their nebulizers for more than five years. It is praying on the sick and elderly. It makes me sick charging people like this.

• Kr
      20th of Aug, 2009

Apria is the worst run company I have ever dealt with. To think that they are a healthcare supplier makes it even worse. The incompetency at every level is astounding. I never received a shipment when it was promised. Every time I called I was placed on hold for at least 10 minutes, and usually longer. No one at the company would take responsibility when things went awry. It was a most frustrating interaction. It turns out that there are a number of alternatives and I am now doing business with Oxy The service is very effecient. I am able to get a person on the phone and have an intelligent conversation about my needs.

A dissatisfied customer

• Cp
      31st of Oct, 2009

I was directed to Apria by my doctor for a CPAP machine. Although the initial consultation was very thorough, I was shocked to discover that Apria is charging my health insurance company $244 a month to rent the CPAP machine, on top of my $18 monthly payment. That comes to a total of $2620 over the ten month "rent-to-own" contract period. The identical equipment costs only about $400 from online suppliers. Furthermore, when parts like filters and tubes needed to be replaced, they were never sent, and at the end of 10 months, Apria refused to fulfill the orders, saying that the equipment was now mine and I would have to replace it at my own cost. This is the kind of ripoff that results in huge medical costs. I am shocked that the insurance companies are willing to pay for such outrageous charges.

• Aa
      11th of Mar, 2010

They sent me to collections for a maintenance agreement I never ordered and they continue to bill me. I told them to stop and they said talk to my insurance company; they supposedly ordered it. Aetna said no way they ordered it. Apria was very good when I ordered my first CPAP 10 years ago.

• Ne
      18th of May, 2010

Apria is very poorly run and have been getting worse for years. I have been a vent patient for over ten years and it just keeps getting worse. My biggest complaints are due to someone in the company thinks one size fits all and that is just impossible for a vent patient. They send you things that will not work and don't care. The answer is always well thats just the way it is.
    Well I am here to tell you when they go out of business due to the way the treat people they only have to look in the mirror to see why. The supplies they send me will not work so I have to but my own and the list gets longer each day. But they just keep sending unsafe neckbands, nebulizer cups, Things that don't fit each other. I guess they don't realize we are disabled and can not use the things they send. Also can't afford to go out and buy our own? But they don't care its one size fits all. When someone starts a new company they will be left in the dirt!

• Ge
      19th of Mar, 2016

I've been waitting for crutches for 3 weeks. Referal # 6273241, was told 3 times that someone would call me the same day to setup delivery. After the 3rd call to them some from a 916- 921-1162 number called to tell me that they are not doing crutches right now. I asked what that mean and they replyed that they are not doing crutches now and I will now be getting crutches from them.

• Ge
      19th of Mar, 2016

• Mo
      20th of Oct, 2016

If you want a healthcare company that has very few phone reps who know what they're doing and order fillers who know what they're doing, don't choose Apria.