Applied Bank / Secured Card rip-off

I applied for a secured credit card from Applied Bank. I was told that I would receive my card within 30 days. When that did not happen, I called and found out they "had a problem" with my application. I then cancelled my app and told them I wanted a refund of MY money. They told me it would take another 30 days to send it back. Funny... it took only 2 days for them to take it. And I still don't have my money back. When I call, they just blow me off. I don't know if I'll ever see my money again! I'm thinking "lawsuit".
If you've had a problem with this bank, please post and let them know that we're out here.

Comments

• Al
      11th of Aug, 2009

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT THE SAME THING HAPPENED WITH ME AND APPLIED BANK. THEY TOOK $1000 FROM MY BANK IN A SPLIT OF A SECOND AND DISAPPEARED. THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM. I NEVER GOT THE CREDIT CARD. I NOW HAVE BANK TRYING TO COLLECT FUNDS BACK. THE SADNESS OF THE STORY IS TO SEE THE SEC, BIG THREE CREDIT SCORE COMPANIES AND FDIC ALLOW THESE LEGALIZED SCAMS TO FURTHER HURT AMERICANS THAT ARE STRUGGLING TO REPAIR THEIR CREDIT BY FURTHER STEALING FUNDS FROM THOSE IN NEED. WHATEVER THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

COMPLAINT BOARD HOW IS THE APPLIED BANK RIPOFF TRAIN STOPPED FROM CONTINUING TO HURT CREDITORS IN NEED OF A CARD

• Yv
      12th of Dec, 2009

They are located at 50 Applied Card Way, Glen Mills, PA 19342. They also stated that it would take up to 30 days to receive my $1000 refund. However, if I don't receive it back in 2 days, just like they drafted it out of my account, I will be camped out on their doorstep until they cut me a check and will take the news media with me.

• Ho
      23rd of Mar, 2010

Oh yah!!!

I have the same exact problem that you have, they opened the account, never got my card and then started charging late fees and new card fees. I never got to use my card since i never got one anyway and terminated my account. I requested a refund of my money, I was lucky enough to receive a $21.00 over payment since I paid $108.00 practically for nothing and the only reason I can think of is they had my name on that account. Pretty damned expensive ha? They wanted a copy or proof of my secured deposit (which does not make sense since you cannot open the account without having one) just to get my deposit. Up until now, it has been 3 months since I've requested my refund.

• Pi
      1st of Apr, 2010

I just called them to get my refund back. They want information from I bank I no longer use, so they can send me my refund. Is there a way I can get my refund, without SO many hoops?

• Ap
      7th of Oct, 2013

The same thing happened to me. I closed my account and asked for my deposit money back as it was a secured card. They said I had to do this and do that and something else. It as frustrating but I did everything they asked and have STILL not recieved MY money back. They blow me off and keep giving me more requirements. It has been over 1.5 yeas and I STILL don't have MY money. I have a meeting with an attorney this week about a class action lawsuit.