AOL Email — Email Hostage
My AOL Nightmare
All I wanted to do was reset my GoDaddy password. The instructions were sent to my AOL email. I attempted to login and it prompted me to reset my password. I followed the instructions and it said that they did not have enough information on the account to reset it and I would have to call. The site also provided me with a case number.
I proceeded to call AOL and after a 15 minute conversation trying to spell my username with someone who barely spoke english they reset my password. I logged into my account and had received 9 emails (picture) about my password reset as well as advertisements. Then to my surprise ALL of my emails had been deleted from my inbox, old, sent, it was like a fresh account. I complained and asked to be transferred to the manager-the phone call ended.
I called back and after 20 minutes they picked up. A lot of "Sorry" and "That should not have happened" took place. They transferred me to the tech support department who proceeded to tell me that I had to upgrade my account to a paid version in order to get my emails restored because that was the only way I could talk to a representative. Email Hostage!!!
I left out a lot of the details but I am irate. I will never use AOL again, and will never recommend AOL to anyone (I haven't since the early 2000's).
More AOL Email Complaints & Reviews
- TWX*AOL Service - Unauthorized debit withdrawals! 
- TWX*AOL Service - Wrong billing! 
- TWX*AOL Service - ? what is it 
- TWX*AOL Service - Fraudulently debiting bank account 
- TWX AOL Service - Did not agree to these charges on my acc.! 
- AOL - Change of billing method 
- AOL - Rip off
- AOL - Fraudulent charges 
- AOL Canada Incorporated - Unauthorized charges, bogus customer service
- AOL - rental scams