AOL — Fraudulent charges
I have been an AOL customer for over ten years. About two years ago, I purchased DSL through Charter Communications but I wanted to keep my AOL email addresses. AOL offered me a package for $ 9.99 per month. I took it. For about one year, I was charged $ 9.99 per month on my debit card. Then all of a sudden, I was charged $ 109.99 on my debit card.
Immediately upon learning of the error, I contacted AOL by email and contacted my credit union to inform both that this was an error that needed to be corrected. After writing several emails to both AOL and my credit union, I have not received one dime of a refund.
I like AOL as an ISP. However, their accounting and customer service policies are horrible. In my opinion, AOL's practice of charging a debit or credit card more than they have been authorized to charge is fraud and should be treated as such.
I know that the extra charges, etc are not mistakes because if they were mistakes once the mistakes were brought to customer services' attention they would be corrected. No such luck with this company.
I am extremely disgusted that a company of this size would continue to take advantage of their customers.
More AOL Complaints & Reviews
- TWX*AOL Service - Unauthorized debit withdrawals! 
- TWX*AOL Service - Wrong billing! 
- TWX*AOL Service - ? what is it 
- TWX*AOL Service - Fraudulently debiting bank account 
- TWX AOL Service - Did not agree to these charges on my acc.! 
- AOL - Change of billing method 
- AOL - Rip off
- AOL Email - Email Hostage
- AOL Canada Incorporated - Unauthorized charges, bogus customer service
- AOL - rental scams