AOLFraudulent charges

I have been an AOL customer for over ten years. About two years ago, I purchased DSL through Charter Communications but I wanted to keep my AOL email addresses. AOL offered me a package for $ 9.99 per month. I took it. For about one year, I was charged $ 9.99 per month on my debit card. Then all of a sudden, I was charged $ 109.99 on my debit card.

Immediately upon learning of the error, I contacted AOL by email and contacted my credit union to inform both that this was an error that needed to be corrected. After writing several emails to both AOL and my credit union, I have not received one dime of a refund.

I like AOL as an ISP. However, their accounting and customer service policies are horrible. In my opinion, AOL's practice of charging a debit or credit card more than they have been authorized to charge is fraud and should be treated as such.

I know that the extra charges, etc are not mistakes because if they were mistakes once the mistakes were brought to customer services' attention they would be corrected. No such luck with this company.

I am extremely disgusted that a company of this size would continue to take advantage of their customers.

Ma

Comments

• Br
      Oct 21, 2012

Use to have AOL on my computer. Had medical issues and had to stop working. About two years ago finally got AOL dumped from my system but I am unable to get the AOL Call Alert charges shut off even though I no longer have house phone or AOL paid service. Go on their web site and they say I can cancel service on-line but have looked every where and followed their instructions for on-line shut-off but to no avail. Can anyone help contact cdnpooh64 @aol.com subject line call alert. Much help would be loved. No wonder more and more people are getting away from AOL, their help is non-helpful.