AN & Associates / Item received is not the item which was ordered

1-5 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I ordered 3 magnetic phone cables from an Ad on Facebook in January. The address on the page has a contact address of 3200 North America Drive, West Seneca NY, 14224 - info@magnetic phone cable.com.

I received an email on Feb 9, 2017 at 12:M advising my order was on the way.

Upon receiving the package, enclosed was a generic white USB cable which can be bought at any Seven-11 store, not the magnetic cables advertised and ordered x 3. The package had a label with a return address of AN & Associates, 2740 Slough Street, Mississauga L4T 1G3.

I have sent an email to the info@magnetic address requesting a full refund ($34.92 USD) and where I can return the cable to as well as a complaint to the company in Mississauga requesting the same and an offer to return the cable in person.

When I queried AN & Associates a number of BBB complaints came up so I am filing one with regards to this particular instance as well.

I googled two addresses in the US - 3200 North American Drive, West Seneca NY and 1711 Cudaback Ave, Niagara Falls NY. The first address appears to be a vacant field or lot and the latter is actually a company located at 1683 Cudaback called CBI which is a mailbox rental service that I am assuming is for online orders to the US and Canada (both flags adorn the sign on the building). Not impressed.

Original Magnetic Phone Cable
ORDER #CABLE18807

Your order is on the way
Your order is on the way to you. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.
View your order

or Visit our store

Items in this shipment

iPhone / Silver

Android / Rose Gold

Android / Gold

If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at info@magnetphonecable.com

AN & Associates

• James Arthur Howell's Response, Jun 06, 2018

Unable to contact An & associates. Looking into voiding charge on credit card.

• James Arthur Howell's Response, Jun 08, 2018

Now I am offered a receiver for an additional price! This is not fair marketing.

• Roberta's order's Response, Jun 14, 2018

I bought your 30 w USB Power Adapter, it came with a 220 power cord, I need a 110 power cord

Sh
Feb 21, 2017

Comments

• Pa
      28th of Feb, 2017

They scammed me too. Luckily I only ordered one but have yet to receive it. That was a month ago. I just emailed them...probably a waste of time.
    The do look very legit. I would like to spread the word but they are everywhere. A good lesson learned. I will stick to Amazon.

• Li
      1st of Mar, 2017

I also rder 2 from Facebook and I haven't got them . What to do now ???

19th of Mar, 2017

Total scam...emails are never answered..phone number listed on website was busy 24/7 for two weeks...when it finally answered it said sorry voice mailbox full and hung up. BBB has this company rated at D- saying they have never responded to any inquiries and they have received over 1200 complaints about the company. They also "sell" products under more then 20 different company names

• Ro
      23rd of Apr, 2017

I got a adress via PayPal with a working @mail chargeback@an-associates.com and the name Cristina

14th of Jul, 2017

Same thing happened to me, can we get a class action going for this? I bought two and got exactly what you showed in your picture. I need Reimbursement for this [censor] move by them.

• Li
      19th of Jul, 2017

@Matt Bloxton They claim that my product was delivered but it was not... it's been about 6 months and I have yet to receive anything. The email address they have keeps going around and around about it being delivered and that they will give me a credit... I don't want to credit, I want my money back. Class action. Totally in!

30th of May, 2018

@lizardbeth17 They scammed me also. I ordered some ear buds with case and the next day I called to cancel, I found out they didn't come with charger box . they refused to refund my money and they said they had already shipped, which I have not gotten. can we do a class action on these ppl ???

• To
      24th of Jun, 2018

@Cheryl Harper Lovett Hi what was the name of the website so I know to stay away? Thanks in advance

• Ra
      10th of Aug, 2017

It seems like there are many websites associated with this address and they all look real and professional but probably aren't (waxingbeans, posturecorrective, mymakeupbrushset, themeowshop, AN & Associates)
    I was suspicious of how cheap the products in mymakeupbrushset.ca are and I googled the address that is in the bottom of the website (2740 Slough Street, Mississauga, Ontario) and it showed me other the websites and also it led me to this page. Glad that I didn't fall into their trap

• Sm
      13th of Aug, 2017

This is a BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE Company. I lost money here too. I will review each and every company I purchase from from now on. I lost thirty dollars and so I will say my comments here will be the best thirty dollars I have spent. My voice in the scamming that goes on will be worth it.
    They run under different addresses and and my order was not what I ordered and only because I used PayPal was I able to receive anything. Once I filed under a resolution center I got my item in the mail. They had to provide a tracking number or else PayPal will put things on hold for them so they send anything close to it to get the hold not to happen. Now I could continue and claim it was not what I ordered but I have another larger costs with another scam company that I am dealing with named IVROSE. For about 100.00 bucks.. That one I refused shipment so the tracking number sends it back to them and I can get my money back. Check everything before purchasing anything. Just google any company name and say like IVROSE shipping reviews in search bar and you will see. There this is the best 30.00 bucks I spent in letting all of you know to stay away from this scam. Phew! I feel better now.

• Os
      18th of Aug, 2017

CRAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP products

PATTERN OF COMPLAINTS
    BBB files indicate a pattern of complaints regarding this company. Consumers have advised our office of the following issues: late or non-delivery of products, missing or incorrect items delivered, issues with quality of products and customer service. Consumers do not receive a prompt resolution of their concerns.

On February 8 2017 BBB sent a letter to notify the business of its concerns and requested that they work towards correcting the underly... Read More
    BBB Reason for Ratings
    BBB rating is based on 13 factors: Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that affect the rating for AN & Associates include:

1251 complaints filed against business
    Advertising issue(s) found by BBB.
    Business has failed to resolve underlying cause(s) of a pattern of complaints.

18th of Aug, 2017

THis is a scam, Item was not what was as described Bak-posture brace, Its a cheap material made in china, bad quality, does not work at all the straps do not attach to the cheap velcro material.. Pay Pal should also investigate and ban from one of the paying methods..

• Da
      31st of Aug, 2017

I ordered the vehicle Blackbox DVR and received it within a reasonable time. They never mentioned that I would need to purchase a memory card that costs more than the camera. Also, the instructions were written (translated?) by someone with very poor knowledge of English, making them almost indiscernible. The camera did look like a decent product until I inserted the memory card. The camera kept displaying "NO CARD" or other similar notices. It never would read the card. Can someone tell me how to contact them? I'm going to try to get my Credit Card provider to credit the charges.

• Yo
      4th of Oct, 2017

Well, it's sad to say that I am also in the same boat with all of you. I placed my order March 27, 2017 for two charges: one gold and one rose gold. I received the same as picture from another disappointed buyer. Two plain white cords. I didn't open the envelope they were in and never received any feedback from sending email. I'm going to look on my paypal back then and see if I can get some resolution from them. This is ridiculous.

• Ke
      6th of Dec, 2017

I ordered a star shower laser light and it is rubbish the screw for the stand was covered in plastic so unusable and it got really hot with in minutes of putting it on does anyone have an email for them so I can either get my money back or replacement

27th of Dec, 2017

I have ordered 3 wireless charger no instruction included box indicated mini usb and charger included nothing on it!!! Waste of money I don't know where to return the items. Purchased on Facebook Ads... I want my money back!!!

• Pd
      10th of Jan, 2018

I ordered a USB for my Android phone S8+ based on the Facebook ad. The delivery arrived last Jan 8. 2018 from AN-Associate 3200 North America Drive, West Seneca NY 14224. The port is not compatible with my phone so I decided to return it but
    neither transmittal slip nor return slip was inside the packaging envelope.
    After having read the above complaints, I have considered myself being scammed too. Can the lawful authority run after this scammer?

• Je
      24th of Feb, 2018

My wife was just scammed by this company...now selling makeup bags. They are (again) advertising via pop-up ads on Facebook a nice mid-size bag for $10. She receive a VERY CHEAP tiny bag maybe work 99 cents. There's no way to contact to resolve.

12th of Jun, 2018

We ordered a Water Jet that is absolute junk. Never should have ordered anything via Facebook! It is all from China and cheap junk. Please stay away from these ads as they are selling bogus items. The box it came in via mail was trashed and no instructions nor any offer of return if defective. Scammers on Facebook should be sued!

• Wi
      16th of Jun, 2018

IAGREE WITH MOST OF THE COMPLAINTS AS I BOUGHT A FANTASY CHARGER AND TRYEDTOGET A HOLD OF THEM AT THE EMAIL THEY SAY TO US AND THEY ARE A CLOSE PAGE YOU CAN:T GET A HOLD OF THEM MY CHARGER DOESN:T WORK SO YOUR SAYING IGOT HOOKED

• Wi
      14th of Aug, 2018
    AN & Associates - Water jet

Doesnt work as discribed. I would like a refund please

• Ju
      15th of Aug, 2018
    AN & Associates - solar fountain for bird bath
    Richland
    Michigan
    juneshirts@yahoo.com

Like someone else wrote, it took awhile to arrive, but that's not my complaint. I was shipped 2 fountains. I would like to return one. It has not been opened or tampered with. Pls send a mailing label and/or directions for returning this product.
    Jls

15th of Aug, 2018
    AN & Associates - Wireless charger
    West Seneca
    New York

I ordered a wireless charger after seeing the website from Facebook. The description mentioned a RECEIVER to be attached to my IPhone. The part was not in the kit.