Amway.com / Quixtar / Brainwashing techniques they use, which strongly resemble those used by religious cults

When I realized my husband would never be able to bring himself to do the things they asked in order to "build the business", I asked, and then begged that he stop spending the money on books and tapes, seminars and major rallies.

He just kept going on with it, and the longer it went the more I realized that the primary reason we could not get any real help from our upline was that they were already making plenty of money from us off of their share of the tapes, books, seminars, and rallies. Just one example; it costs pennies each to mass duplicate a tape of one of these "upline" talking at a rally, and our price for the two tapes of the week ten years ago was over $7.00 each!

Finally I asked our oh-so-caring sponsors to talk to him and get him to drop the business since he was obviously not going to work it. Instead, they encouraged him to continue having contact with them behind my back, he got a credit card that I did not know about and put $6,000 on it while pulling the bills out of the mail so that I never saw them.

This was because I was working a second job to try and pay off the other two credit cards, 80+% of which were charged up with Amway crap. I was giving him $400 a month that he was supposed to be directly applying to charge cards. Instead, he was making the minimum payments and spending the cash on more motivational crap. They told him he was doing the right thing because once he became successful it would all be made up to me, in spades.

$16,000 spent in four years. One marriage nearly ruined. Bankruptcy. And to this day he will not throw out the pictures of himself with those Diamonds and Emeralds. He's not the same person and never will be, thanks to the brainwashing techniques they use, which strongly resemble those used by religious cults.

The only time in my life that I would refuse to urinate on one of those rat-faced Amway ba****** would be if he or she were on fire.

Va

Comments

• De
      1st of Mar, 2007

I am a former IBO of quixtar. I was introduced into this business by my best friend into this business. What they told me b4 joining the business were all lies. After joining the business they kept pressuring me to make more PV and get on the STP. But I realized early on that these people are not being fair and I used to observe their hypocrisy. I wanted to do the business my own way. I told my upline that I will only buy those things that I need and would not buy unnecessary products just to make 100PV and would ask my downlines to do the same. They rejected the idea and told me to leave the business if I don't couldn't follow their path. I just couldn't knowingly screw someone for my benefit and I left quixtar. Following me all my downlines left too.

• Kr
      9th of May, 2007

It sounds like your unstable marriage is the source of your problems, not Amway. It seems to me that none of your problems would have ever happened if you and your husband had any form of healthy communication. No scam artist could ever come between my wife and me because we are unified in our decisions and we support each other. (Not implying that Amway or Quixtar IBOs are scam artists). Complaining about Amway on the internet won't solve your problems. You need a marriage counselor.

I don't want to get into all the reasons I think Quixtar is a great company, but I will say this: The effect Quixtar and my upline business parters have had on my life and marriage has been incredible. I owe most of my success and happiness to Quixtar and my support organization.

It's strange how Quixtar has brought my wife and me prosperity and you pain and suffering. Perhaps you should look in the mirror rather than blaming others.

• Uc
      3rd of Apr, 2018

@Kris You're A [censor]

• Pr
      15th of Sep, 2007

I agree fully with the complaint. I have seen a few families where either both wife and husband were "zombified" in Quixtar, or they had issues due to the saner one opposing joining this cult.

Kris - Don't fool yourself. I know they told you to "fake it till you make it" in your rallies. Chances are you are losing money every month while convincing yourself that it will some how pay off in the long run. Less than .05% of the Quixtar IBOs can afford to leave their main job. That is 1 in 2000. Over 95% of IBOs lose money every month. The rest make a few hundred dollars a month. You Ambots claiming you are "prosperous" are the brainwashed ### of this earth.

• Vi
      23rd of Sep, 2007

good in all
    & best

• Bo
      12th of Feb, 2008

I strongly agree with you and your plight. I too have been dealing with my wife's quixtarded dysfunctional family long distance. it seems that after roping my wife into signing up as a partner in this scam business and then bilking her out of thousands of dollars in exchange for crappy tasting xs drinks and hideous tasting energy bars (which sit uneaten on the porch), they talked her into becoming primary care giver to their two quixtar orphans. she is a senior citizen for god's sake! she is raising the children while they bilk more suckers out of their hard earned money.in the meantime, her health goes downhill and they don't give a hoot. I cannot tell you how bad quixtar upline criminals are without really getting mad as hell! to anyone reading this comment, take warning: do not seek the treasure! run when you see these scam people coming. warning: amway — picture a business that should be using a skull and crossbones as their banner.

• Ty
      20th of Feb, 2008

I was roped into Amway/Quixtar a few weeks ago buy someone i trusted. I was invited to have coffee one afternoon and we started talking about businesses etc. I recently started my own business so times are a little tough but it's going well and slowly but surely i'll get there.

I was introduced to this so called 'business coach' who proceeded to talk to me about income and expenses and all that c r a p about money spent on household expenses. I should have seen the warning signs then. To cut a long story short, after signing up, paying money and attending two meetings which were identical to the word. It was like everyone was on tape recordings.

I started questioning it, which they didn't like. I refused to phone my contact list as i couldn't get myself as far as to rope any of my friends or acquaintances into this scam. I started googling and found loads of articles on scam after scam. No one but the few sly dogs at the top makes a buck. All the rest just fork out thousands on motivational c r a p!
    I'll never trust this person again as he is brainwashed by Amway's promises and almost took me for a ride. I'm giving everything back and demanding a refund on all those products they force you to buy and to top it up, returning the water filter at roughly $800 that they installed in my home after i repeatedly said that i couldn't afford it. "we have payment plans" they laughed, and "use it for a little while, see what you think". How cunning. I hope people see the light and slowly start crushing this company in the same way it tries to destroy people's lives!

Most people (including myself) would believe something if they heard it from a credible source. I say, question more! The internet is a powerful tool. USE IT!

8th of Apr, 2008

I don''t know what any of you are complaining about.

I was completely skeptical when my boyfriend introduced me to this business. I went to a few of the meetings, and I can agree that they felt cult-like at first. But it is simply because no one is today's world is used to a group of strangers who are willing to help you succeed before they even know you.

Desi Victim of Quixtar, you are encouraged to follow certain steps because it is the entire premise of the company. The way that you are taught to succeed in the process is a tried-and-true learnable, teachable, duplicatable step-by-step process that, if executed properly, never fails. Your upline encouraged you to spend 100 PV because if you do not spend 100PV, Quixtar does not send you a check.

As for Prash, I can honestly say that nearly everyone at my weekly open meeting is making serious profit off of this company. For example, my boyfriend just recruited a family friend to join the business--after one week and seven hours total of work, he earned nearly $200. That works out to nearly $29 an hour. If he continues to build the business, there is no way that he can fail.

Bob Hart, it sounds like something was wrong with your personal upline, but there is no valid reason for you to take this out on Quixtar. My upline cares for me more than my family at times, and they are always concerned with the problems in my life whether they are business-related or not. All they want is my success.

Tyler*, the reason that the two meetings you went to were identical is because the first half of every open meeting is supposed to be an informational session for new people who are interested in joining the business. If you signed up as an IBO, you would be qualified to stay until the second half of these meetings, which are always exciting and diverse and highly informational. Refusing to phone your contact list is like suicide in this business; one of the first steps is to talk to people you know and try to get them to become either IBO's or customers. Either way you help them out. As for the "scam" articles you read, I can almost guarantee that either these people were not in the business long enough to warrant turning a profit or they did not exert all of their effort into success. Success is built upon failing and adjusting until you reach a good final product, and these people probably dropped out after a rough failure or two. As an independent business owner, it would be shameful for you to not use or hand out your own products; it would seem as if you didn't like them yourself. The reason you have ot buy products is so that you may do these two things. And as for "only a few sly dogs at the top making a buck, " as I said...close friends of mine have been in this business for less than a month and are already earning generous profits.

I work with many people in this business, and none of them are idiots. None of them are vulnerable, needy, lonely, impressionable people that would be sucked into a cult or scam. There is serious profitability in Quixtar. I work with doctors, lawyers, graphic design employees, and many other educated people who would recognize trouble if they saw it. Quixtar is Better Business Bureau approved and backed by some of the most recognized companies in the world (Disney, PacSun, Omaha Steaks, the list goes on and on). These companies would not be willing to put their names on the line with a company that wasn't going to succeed or had the potential for bad press as a scam. There is absolutely no logical reason to back up Quixtar being a scam unless you don't put the work into it or quit too soon.

Quixtar is not a get-rich-quick scheme, and if you were told so, then the person you talked to was not very educated about the business. It requires hard work and persistence, and yes, if you can't promise both of those things then I recommend that you don't join because the business will seem like a scam. Honestly, the only complaint that I have for Quixtar is that it makes making money way too easy and makes me feel like an idiot for thinking that a regular job in corporate America is the only way to succeed and make money.

• Cl
      9th of Oct, 2018

@heather Oh sweetie! You know for certain they’re all making money? You’re delusional. They want you to believe they are. A family member spews the same brainwashed nonsense that you are. He’s spent over 7k in a year & finally admitted that he’s gotten $100 whole dollars from scamway. This person has been trying to bully ignorant family members into this supposed millionaire making biz. 🙄 Sit down & do the math. $400+/mo is what he’s telling family they need to be spending. Plus the media garbage thing to get into meetings, motivational paraphernalia & other garbage at $100+mo. Gas to the meetings which are 1-3hrs away. When you’re giving a biz more $ than you’re getting then it’s a scam. This person pays for his & his gfs acct at over $600/mo. He’s losing vehicles & moved in with the gf & her parents cuz no money left after spending it on Scamway. Like someone else said. Show the actual figures & paycheck & you might be more convincing.

8th of Apr, 2008

Thought I should add, it is completely impossible for only the "top dogs" to make any money because there are always new "top dogs" who have climbed their way to the top of the business. Most of the people who are the "top dogs" in the business completely bypassed the people that got them started; in other words, they surpassed the success of their own upline. This means Quixtar is not a pyramid scheme, because it is possible to pass your superiors. True, most of the people who become successful remain successful, but this is because they have established reliable customers and sales groups underneath them. They put in the hard effort to get to the top, but it is always possible for someone new to climb above them. Just some more information.

• Uc
      3rd of Apr, 2018

@heather Show me a check then

9th of Apr, 2008

Heather its pretty obvious that your brainwashed. Your points above are absolutely incorrect. You are a Quickstar employee/distributor/salesperson whether you belive it or not. And yes... you are working for the man, it's just a different one. Good to know you are supplying the Quickstar ship with fuel.

Yes, it is easy to make money in this world in business. Only problem with Quickstar is, the expense sheet fills up much quicker than the income sheet. That is why their is such a thing as balance sheets.

As far as making money off it? If you people can look yourself in the mirror and live with yourself, that's your own deal. I don't know how you people do it recruiting people who you know have no chance in the world to make money at Quickstar and get them to buy into the products and lies.

9th of Apr, 2008

Brainwashed Distributors, it's pretty obvious that your grammatical and lingustic skills need some work. Try spellcheck next time. But I applaud your effort to cop out of a good solid argument by calling me brainwashed. Thanks, but I've taken numerous courses in psychology and sociology and have extensive knowledge of brainwashing. I have no problem making disagreements with the company or going against their suggestions; I simply admit that their business plan works and going against it might now be a wise decision. And thanks for acknowledging that I supply the Quiztar ship with fuel. On top of being a pretty decent metaphor, it also makes me feel good to know that you can recognize that I support a company that I plan to work for. Sorry if it's such a strange concept.

I never said that I didn't think I was a Quixtar employee/distributor/salesperson. Although I haven't technically signed any of the registration papers yet, I actively promote their products, attend meetings when my schedule allows, and have been to one of the seminars as well. As soon as I sign those papers, I will be proud of the fact that I work with them. Also, as an independent business owner, I am not working for "the man" either; I am working for myself. I can bypass your so-called "man" anytime I want.

I would have to disagree with you that it is easy to make money in this world in business. Starting at the bottom of the ladder with minimum pay and maximum hours, fighting your way up, and encountering conflict and struggle along the way is not exactly my definition of 'easy.' Where Quixtar is concerned: as with any business, for the first couple of months, you are correct; the expense sheet does fill up faster than the income sheet. Good job recognizing that. However, the margin between these numbers can be large or small depending on how much work an individual puts into their business. As time progresses, this margin invariably becomes smaller and smaller as long as the individual is still actively working on their business. I've seen it happen many times just in the few short months I've been familiar with the business and it is not a unique situation.

Lastly, I wanted to ask what is so wrong with making money off of a business? I can certainly look myself in the mirror knowing that not only have I put serious effort into something and succeeded, but also provided some people in this world with excellent products and given them an opportunity to make the same kind of money I'm making. The products are amazing and I have not witnessed a single person in this business lie (unless it was jokingly; we do occasionally make jokes and have fun in our little cult meetings). There is absolutely profit to be made in Quixtar, and no one is stepped on along the way; no one is deceptively made to believe anything. So, you can believe whatever you want, but I plan on living a dream lifestyle while you're trying to survive in the regular business world. Have fun being regular, and I'll have fun being better.

10th of Apr, 2008

Heather, I love your response. Typical internet blog comment... ripping on the spelling errors instead of the substance of the point. Nice work.

"The products are amazing" - I guess I didn't know that toilet paper could be that amazing... oh wait, 25 dollar toilet paper.

10th of Apr, 2008

This is an internet blog of sorts. And two sentences out of four paragraphs were related to your spelling. It wasn't exactly a staple in my post.

I'm pretty darn sure we don't sell $25 toilet paper, unless it's in bulk or something. And I was referring to our makeup, jewelry, health products, energy drinks, electronics, snack foods, and wide array of other products that you so ideally neglected to mention. Most of these items are in fact sold at prices lower than in stores, I might add. It's the concept of redirecting sales and cutting out the middlemen (brokers, warehouses, retailers, etc.). I would explain in more detail, but I have better things to do with my life and additionally, I'm tired of arguing with you because you seem quite intent on being negative and maintaining a pessimistic attitude. Good luck getting anywhere in life with that kind of outlook.

Honestly, you can believe whatever you want. You're making the argument difficult by focusing on fallacies, suspicions, and exaggerations. I just wanted to set the record straight so that people know Quixtar isn't a scam as long as you work hard and follow the process; most of the people who don't succeed in the business are the cause of their own failure.

Nice chatting with you. I'm out.

11th of Apr, 2008

Quixstar is a joke. That is why the name is "Quick" "Star".

• Da
      2nd of May, 2008

exselete la opurtunidad que nos an dado de salir adelante como podes trumpar. y gracias.

• Du
      4th of May, 2008

are you kidding me?!?!?! quit ### cuz you couldnt cut the mustard . your business failed and im pretty confident in assuming that wasnt the first time the tag of failure has been attached to you . i worked at a major auto plant before this opportunity came my way . well that was until i walked in on my friday to collect my check but instead it had be mailed to my residence because i was in fact laid off . awesome !!! now i started when i was 18 and im 22 now . in that time frame almost all of my grad class had completed college and now i was stuck tryingh to keep up with the bills from my 22 bucks an hour lifestyle i was accustomed to . i was skeptical at first but i kept an open mind and now im blowing it up like ive never even imagined !!! tell me another place a 22 year old high school graduate can make the money im making right now ???? thought so [censored] . the program wasnt for you . so get the sand out of ur C*** and quit blaming ur problems on everybody else in this world . as a matter of a fact its not people like quixtar.com and amway and alticor that makes me sick its you kind of people . grow up and take some responibility for christ sake ! oh yea bustin my ### at mcdonalds was soooooooooo much better for me and my future than this ur right im sorry cuz apparently ur bankruptcy made you the [censored]ing voice of reason right ? oh well I guess some people are just born losers .

• Ad
      23rd of May, 2008

Heather, take the stick out of your butt and get real.

Dustin, no one can make it as far as you claim with that attitude, and if you were serious you would never talk that way. I would never want to be part of your up-line and good luck keeping your down-line established.

I’m 22 and I live in North Carolina, I’m from Ohio

Hope you guys are in for a story!

Some quick opening notes: The business Quixtar may be a member of the BBB for what they sell, but they are not approved by the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISION (FTC) for their business practices which is far more important.

I'm a new first-time Quixtar IBO... WooHoo! Although I am a fool me twice because the idea was presented to me 8 months ago... Congrats to me! My up-line knows how skeptical I am and I have been analytical ever since I decided to join about a week ago. I already dropped the idea of this organization once, as hard as I could. I never even gave this a second thought, until now.

I joined because I can’t stand missing opportunities and I wanted to see how many red flags I'd run into. More specifically I just started working with a very successful Managed IT company that works with many fortune 1000 companies. One of this company’s two owners I see on a regular basis is a hard worker and is becoming very successful with the IT Company. He told me that being an independent business owner means a lot and that there are very few opportunities to become one. He told me that one of the main reasons is because of support.

We were working together when he brought out his lunchbox that had some bottled water that I had never seen and some energy/protein bars and an apple. He told me to help myself to an energy bar, I ate a protein, and it really wasn’t that bad I’d have to say... It was very, very good for a protein bar. Anyway, we travelled to the northern offices in the city and he started talking to me again about building a business and I attentively listened. He was talking about a friend he had that helped him build his business and how he tries to help others. I was very interested in what he had to say and how I could become as successful as this successful person; UNTIL, he started talking weird mumbo jumbo, stuff that any SMART person can raise a “that’s unusually odd” flag at.

He said that his friend holds meetings and councils people on how to become successful; mostly young people. Told them how to build residual income and make ROI and all kinds of stuff that my young ears would be interested in, but there was a fishy smell in the air. He told me a story about his friend going to a small college town to teach them about being financially free and student asked him “how much are you looking for”, then his friend said, “If I were looking for money would I be here in this college town. To tell the truth, sadly, the people with the largest disposable income nowadays are college students. I’m sure you have heard of “White Van Speakers” if you haven’t checked out that scam, look it up on Wikipedia. (By the way I really am a new week-old active IBO as I’m typing this). I asked him to continue to tell me more, (I let people talk themselves into holes) and he did it! He opened up his office cabinet and reached onto the middle shelf for something that looked oh so familiar from almost a year ago; an iCommerce brochure. Only problem was, this one looked a little different and I was unsure if it was related to Quixtar.

So, I let him keep talking as I examined the brochure, looking for small type clues referring to Quixtar. The closest thing I found was a release number on the back of the brochure that looked something like “QBJ-0876”. That Q stood out more than any one piece of lettering has ever stood out to me before. I immediately knew the deal and was ready to blast Ron with all my prior skepticism, which I eventually did. Ron, being smart, took all my skepticism and told me that the organization was legitimate. I was barely in a position to argue with him since he is my new manager and an ACTUAL IBO without Quixtar’s help and I began to immediately feel guilty about dropping the first person that introduced me to Quixtar like a rock that smells like butt. I called him up (from 8 months ago, hey he was good-looking) and met with him the same day after apologizing and explaining what I just was told.

Two days later, I’m an IBO. They said I had a good story to tell other people; I agreed. They set me up for a seminar; I accepted. I paid $25 to get halfway registered; I hurled it straight to ‘Em. We went to play pool; fun. I was an excited individual and excited at what I got myself into. I was proud of the fact that seemingly I was going to be getting support from all directions. I started to think like a Quixtar “IBO”. What more could they want?

$5 dollars. Yep, that’s the first thing they wanted. They wanted five for being an IBO and attending the meeting. Honestly I was already thinking of a really good strategy that would get me all the way to the top above these guys, and that was PAY YOUR NEW DOWNLINES FREAKING ADMISSION FEES. Then they may actually get the false impression that you REALLY ARE trying to help them. I was also thinking, how could a business structure that’s so profitable and depends mainly on their down-line charge fees to attend an “educational” meeting. I forcefully signed in as a guest and claimed I wasn’t aware of this 5 dollar fee, I wasn’t, really. This would be the second meeting I ever attended the first was part of my “drop you like a smelly rock” experience 8 months ago. I attended both meetings, the first and the second, and heard nothing new from what I heard from the first and second meetings 8 months ago. I was starting to feel like I was at church… I mean they had it all; Tithes, boring unchanging messages of miracles and ridiculous claims of success. Well, FYI, I stopped going to church and went vigilante a few years ago after joining the AirForce for this very reason, on top of being gay. ;) (BTW I don’t get a very pro-gay message from the Quixtar community, I fear they might cast cans of XS at my naked body in the parking lot if I told them)

I was still excited and just thought the company needed help projecting their message to people and to stop hiding things that people want to hear. One of the main things that made me angry 8 months ago is that all IBOs are taught to withhold information from you and deny you any education you may require to further understand the business. They are told to “be careful” when they talk about the business and the way they project it but at the same time told that they are not trying to convince people to join, that they are just there to provide an opportunity for help. Well if that is true then there should be NO REASON why all information you would ever want about QS by word of mouth wouldn’t be readily available. It’s great to hear good things, but we need to hear the bad things too for good measure and intelligence. The up-line IBOs from the Get-Go tell you to not ask questions and to just listen and follow directions, like religion. In all actual productive environments, especially business and EVEN THE MILITARY I was and am told to ask as many questions as possible.

I met with these guys again at Starbucks to get fully registered into the Quixtar system; I was prepared to blow 150 dollars still using the excuse that I was getting support from all directions. When we got to the registration page that asked for my card information I was SHOCKED and received the hardest silent slap in the face ever from what I saw. That, ladies and gentlemen, was the all too familiar bold AMWAY corporation Logo. How could I be so dumb? Fooled so hard? I’ve seen this Amway logo so long ago and know it all too well. My dignity was on the line… I didn’t know what to do… I spent the 150.

Amway, an organization my parents, 14 years ago, got into; My Mom was into 26 years ago for 3 years while she was the manager of the Metropolitan Housing Authority. My parents, for over 26 years have grown to hate and know Amway. They have seen it destroy relationships, make people lose their jobs, destroy educations, ruin peoples finances. They also saw Amway go to court in 1979 right before they dropped all ties to it.

Come to my surprise, Quixtar is coincidentally owned by the previous owner of Amway. Why?

The FTC sued Amway so hard they were ordered, by the courts, to cease and desist from making income claims, and from price fixing, that’s right, price fixing; Their work around? Create a new company called Quixtar; Incidentally, the FTC refuses to endorse the new company of Quixtar.

The sate of Wisconsin, that’s right, the whole darn state’s delegates had Amway charged with reporting unrealistic and exaggerated income claims, and failure to disclose the identity of Amway. In 1983, Amway pleaded guilty in Canada to charges of fraud for the purposes of tax evasion.

My mom was making over a $70, 000 salaried income 26 years ago from MHA but she had almost no free time. She got into Amway to try to eliminate hard work. She did pretty well with Amway, before they got sued, until she met my father. Then she experienced what every Amway/Quixtar IBO eventually experiences, the domino down line drop-off effect, sure, you may lose a person in your down line that you may have directly gotten on board; Sure the profits from the customers may go directly to you from his down line if he drops off; But, have you ever considered that the people in the down line of whoever dropped off were all convinced to get in by word of mouth? Well you can lose them easier in the same way. One person goes, they all talk and eventually they are all gone. You may have been friends with them, well, it’s time to get a new group of friends that will eventually ditch you too… Your life will be ruined. That’s a deal breaker for me.

I feel Like S#!+ now, what the hell am I supposed to do? Shame on me.
    Do something you love, don’t be fooled by the people who look like they love Quixtar, they don’t. They are trying to buy into the mentality that they are told to falsely behave as. “Fake it till you make it”? That’s the worst motivational line ever. I don’t like liars and I don’t want to be one. Also, I don’t freaking give a hoot what Joe Schmo, who is far in the up-line’s, new beach house looks like, I want to know what my direct up-line IBOs house looks like, then we can talk.

I am sorry I ever got involved in this and now I have to apologize to way more than one person for calling them about this.

I believe in being financially free, but honestly, I don’t think that Quixtar is the way that anyone should ever, ever pursue it. Don’t make a huge mistake, and keep your mind open!

• So
      6th of Jun, 2008

I think I finally figured these low lifes at quick star...once you join, they pump you up with their motivational seminars, then they get you to buy all their products at inflated prices...so the company is happy, they dont care if you make money, they just want you to buy their products..after three months, you are discouraged and deflated, so they hold another seminar (you pay an entrance fee the privilige) and you are good to go for another three months...meanwhile, you have pestered and possibly alienated your close friends and relatives to join this company, just to make you happy, some of them will come on board, but they will resent you for getting them involved in this scam...ultimately, lightning strikes, you decide this company will not make you any siginificant money, infact the truth is 95% of the so called IBO's make less than 5000 dollars per year...take my advise, keep your money in the bank, keep your friends and relatives far, far away from this company, and dont buy their crappy products...you will come out ahead.

• Lo
      13th of Jun, 2008

I`d suppose everything in life depend of your point of view and what you are willing to give to acomplish and finish what you start, Quixtar/Amway did come to my life after losing a business, losing a lot of money and at the point of almost losing my wife because drugs, alcohol abuse and bad companies, what can i say, i own my actual happiness, the money we are making and the posiblity of a bright future to Quixtar/Amway and the people who work in it, my uplines has been the most patience people i know in all my life ( i`m a very stubborn person and uneasy to treat with) and they even has help us with our bills on the first few months because my wife got fire from his work too.
    What is this business?, like any one els out there, a network marketing like any other (there are more than 200 in USA only) open for anybody willing to work and put and effort on her future.
    What do you expect?, signing the IBO form and putting the welcome kit under the bed to see if a money tree grows? nobody told us it was gonna be easy, you have to look for people, you have to training them, YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR FUTURE AND FOR THE RESIDUAL INCOME YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO GROW.
    The only difference with your actual work is that you are you own boss and you don`t have to weak up early in the morning to fight with traffic, but it`s still your business so you have to pay for your education, your clothes, your gas and everything related. Are you willing to do it, fine, are you not, that`s fine too, go work for your boss till your 67, and after that you might go pushing cars at your local supermarket if your retirement (if you`re lucky enough to see it) isn`t enough, it`s your choice and your life, have a good one.
    PD: for those complaining, a million complains those not produce a single dollar and people still joining Amway because this is the business of the future.

• Lo
      13th of Jun, 2008

Something els came to my mind too, A business running for 49 years, selling almost a billion dollars a year in the USA, currently spread to 88 countries and running WITHOUT DEBTS in the whole world could not be that bad, you can fool some people for sometime BUT YOU CAN`T FOOL A LOT OF PEOPLE ALL THE TIME .
    There are a lot of "good for nothing" people out there like the brainwashed friend up here (sorry, it`s good for complaining, i`d forgot) who keep complaining but so it`s a lot of people in this world, you can o you can not, but it`s not Quixtar/Amway fault, it`s yours.
    Just for your info, we are almost a million brainwashed IBO`s in the USA, we are making so far 2.4 billions dollar in earnings in the last seven years, (i know, i know, it`s mi imagination, go to the IRS records) and believe you o not, mi wife and me are living thanks to this business after only 9 months working in it, we are far from being rich, we still driving a seven year old car, but we don`t have to weak up at six in the morning anymore and we are the only owners of our time and life, not the boss. (and the paycheck keep growing, how about yours? ).

• Ri
      21st of Jun, 2008

I use to date a girl who's x-boyfriend before me was in Amway. She would tell me how this guy sounded just like Heather and all the other bots, churning out the same garbage about how much money they are making, and it's a greate company, blah, blah, blah, but the fact is that this guy never had money. If he was paying when they went out to dinner he would only order an appeitizer for them to share. It got so bad that she would have to hide her purse from him, because he would try to steal money from her. My sister had a co-worker that came over the house one night and spent 5 hours talking about a big business venture, but never once mentioning Amway. When he finally said that is was AMWAY, my brother in-law kicked him out.

Amway People are the ### of the earth.