Amtrak / terrible customer service
Today I had a train ticket for the 8:58 train from Burbank to San Diego. There is no agent at the Burbank station. Someone was hit by a train early in the morning and they could have called or emailed me. They had all the information. Someone was hit by a train in Van Nuys, CA very early that morning and the police kept terminating the service from Burbank and saying train would come in 2 hours but it never did. When I called customer service *4 times) nobody know about the fatality even at 11am in the morning. To top it off, they had the gall to charge me the 10% cancellation free when they are the ones who cancelled my plans to take a train. I am out over $50 in taxi cab fare and had to drive to San Diego and pay for valet parking for 4 days. Amtrak did not have the decency to send a van to Burbarnk to pick up stranded passengers to take them to LA to get trains to their destinations. However, Amtrak did report lies to the TV news and lied stating that they got the passengers new train tickets. Perhaps they got service for the people who were on the train that hit the pedestrian but they did not do anything for the people in Burbank right down the street. I am thoroughly disgusted and will never travel Amtrak for the rest of my life. I will also sue them and won't be happy until they go bankrupt. Nobody in customer service even apologized to me. Their employees refused to give me the name and address of the President of the company. Absolutely horrible experience!
More Amtrak Complaints & Reviews
- Amtrak - lost luggage - no recourse 
- Axis, Amtrak, Jody - tries to deceive women for 'work', off craigslist, con, liar 
- Amtrak - disrespect 
- Amtrak - refund policy: no rules 
- Amtrak - amtrak communication error is costing the customer
- Amtrak - stolen items
- Amtrak - service on train 97 out of ny to miami the worst train.
- Amtrak - customer service and time delays
- Amtrak - my carry on suitcase
- Amtrak - conductor unorganized, unprepared, and unprofessional