Amscot / holding my replacement money order

Tampa, FL, United States

On 5/23/16 I purchased a money order for $100.00 for our family reunion. I addressed the money order to the reunion agent Deonta Dean and mailed it to his address the next day. He informed me about two weeks later that he never received the letter with the money order in the mail. I then went online and found Amscot # and called them to see if the money order had been cashed, they said they had no record of it being cashed. I called again the next week and it still not had been cashed. Amscot customer service informed me that they would refund my money if I would go online and get their claim form and send them a $12.00 processing fee. I got a new money order from Amscot and the claim form and mailed it to them on 6/13/16. A few week after that I called them again and spoke to someone in the money order dept. and she informed me that it would take 30 days to process my claim. I then called back a few week later and then they tell me that it could take 30 to 40 days, even 60 days. I can't understand why it is taking them so long to refund my $100.00, each time I call, they tell me the same thing. As this point I do not believe them, I think they are just holding my money, another Big Corporation taking advantage of the small guy.

Amscot