Amigo Loans / taking too many payments

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

i took out a loan for £3000 originally with FLM loans who were later taken over by Amigo. Terms and conditions were still the same. My contract was 1st payment on 11th June 2010. It was for 36 monthly payments which takes my last one to May 2013. According to Amigo i still owe another months payment as i never started to pay the loan until 6 weeks after they gave me my loan, but i never asked for that date they gave me the date, so for the sake of 2 weeks i was charged an extra months payment. I have never missed a payment and feel they are trying to con more money from me. Up until now had no problem but after this would not recommend them as it seems they can't end their contract. Have put in a complaint and am awaiting response but i intend to go to trading standards with this if they don't settle it. DO NOT USE AMIGO LOANS!

Ma
May 9, 2013

Comments

31st of Oct, 2013

totally agree with you on this scam that should be shut down, , money prostitution is illegal and thats all these firms do...

31st of Oct, 2013

Amigo loans get away with lies after lies and that is why they changed their name, there acting solicitors have there courses paid for by you with the high interest rates, they have been accused of back paying judges to win cases which i totally believe.
    The courts all over have been attended by innocent people being ripped off by this old fashioned company lol that is bull.. Soon they will change there name again and hopefully to target the poor,

31st of Oct, 2013

i meant change the name to we target the poor, sorry all

• Fr
      3rd of Mar, 2016

amigo are killing me. i pay £200 a month for only less than £50 a month to come of my bill. I borrowed £5000. i should never of gone with this companies as didn't really understand the rate of paying it back. AND HAVE TO PAY AS CANT LET MY GARENTOOR DOWN . its gonna take 4-5 years to pay back with them earning £150 a month of me extra after bill payment... totally avoid these crooks.

• Ta
      29th of Jan, 2018

totally agree they want an extra 3 months payments from me even though 60 months are up in June and I have never missed a payment.They tell you its because of extra interest incurred from 14th may 2013 to 30th June I managed to incur nearly £600 interest when it them who said the first payment will be 30th June not me.If they had said 63 payments and it showed on all my statements then all well and good but its states 60 months at £197.62 .When ive added all payments up they will have had an extra almost £7000 of me they are not getting any extra of me, trading standars here I come .If I have something priced wrong on the shelf I have to sell at that price they have stated 60 months and that's what I'm paying 60 months.

• Ke
      3rd of Jul, 2018

It seems like that I am not the only one who has had to put up with the unethical tactics used by Amigo loans.
    I lost my part time job that I did to make the payments
    Add to that my guarantor had to take a lesser paid job as his father had been diagnosed with cancer.
    I tried to set up an IVA but Amigo rejected it, in the end I got onto a debt management plan & still they kept harassing the pair of us with emails SMS messages and phone calls.
    They took me to court and turned it into a secured debt and I will be paying £450 a month.
    Don't be fooled by the advertising, all this company cares about is the amount of money they can make from people's misfortune