Amigo Energy / ripoff billing

Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Well, I got two bills for $350 for my home. The bill was for one month and I called to say they sent to different bills for the same month.
Nope I had to pay both bills.
I asked why so high and it turns out, its just a estimate bill and not from the meter.
The turds just guessed how much I owe and sent me two bills, the same amount to the same timeframe to the same house and I had to pay both of them.
I refused and I have no power.
I did complain and they just hung up on me. 'find someone else to powere your damn home."
Im warning you guys, dont do business with them theyre ###s.
Bi

Comments

Ra
  12th of Nov, 2008
I ran into the same scheme about billing at an inflated rate after Hurricane IKE. I had to call CENTERPOINT to request actual meter reading. Two weeks later, I m still waiting. I changed service from AMIGO to another provider recently because of bad customer service. AMIGO ended up charging for the last two months before I got service from another provider.

AMAZING thing is that during the month I had electrcity with Amigo before IKE, my bill was lower than when I did not have electricity after Hurricane IKE. Imagine that. Today, an AMIGO representative I threaten me with legal action and used the scary tactic--referral to credit bureaus.

I told AMIGO representative I was willing to pay my bill as long I got an acutal meter reading done. Still waiting. AMIGO rep continued saying that my bill would be higher if I waited and that I really did not have option to wait. Today, AMIGO could offer me 20% discount off the inflated price when I did not have electricity. I said NO about ten times, but AMIGO rep persisited like a Kirby vacuum sales rep.
It was take the deal now or Amigo is going to take legal action and make a referral to credit bureau. So much for name AMIGO. They dont stand for that.

I imagine Centerpoint is bombared with actual meter reading. As such, AMIGO is in a rush to offer deals to settle. They don't want to bill you for actual meter reading. Imagine that.
DON'T BE FOOLED BY AMIGO; THEY SHOULD BE CALLED FOE.

Amigo Energy Logo Amigo Energy