Amerisave Mortgage / Complaint Todd Pityer Mortgage

1 GA, United States Review updated:

Amerisave/Todd Pityer seemed to be our lifesaver. Having bought my house alone in 2005 with an adjustable rate mortgage, little did I know how devastating that would become. My finance and I found Amerisave and yes we qualified for a FHA fixed rate mortgage. All our debts would be rolled ino the mortgage and we would close soon. My finance has 0 credit so we went scrambling to add him to my utilities bills. Everything was all set.

I gave Todd Pityer a credit card for the $395 which would NOT be charged and the next step there was an appraiser at my door. I haven't heard from Todd for 3-4 days now. He doesn't answer phone, return any calls or emails. I called the main number and got another loan advisor who couldn't explain this. As we talked more we finally said if no return call or emails that usually means no loan.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I asked how can that be when we got loan papers and have already been approved. Not so, they tell you that. I have been trying to get a hold of some higher up but guess what? No other phone numbers or emails.

This is totally devastating to me, Todd Pityer lead lied to us and proivded a horrible experience. I can't tell you how much stress this put on me after I was told these facts. Of course she couldn't help because I all ready gavew Todd all our documents.
My suggestion to any one considering Todd Pityer & Amerisave DON'T!!!
You'll not only get high blood pressure but you won't get the loan, YOU WILL GET THE WORST SERVICE and the most likely HIGHEST FEES!!!
Todd PItyer IS A Terrible Mortgage Person!!!

I think they are fraudulent and advertisement is false. My cc better not be charged!!!

Comments

• In
      17th of Jun, 2009

I use to work at Amerisave and identities were compromised. They lost all emails full of social security numbers and bank id's etc. They process their loans via 3rd ghetto party processors that gives you "Attitudes!!!" unbelievable. Yes, I use to work for them and this guy was my Team Leader.

Funny part is that I was bringing in business to them and they would claim I did not bring in the paperwork. If anyone knows, mortgage loan officers rely on paperwork and I damn made sure my papers were in so I can get paid. Remember, mortgage professionals are paid by commission and not hourly or salary. So this dum-### to say paper work was never entered is f--kin ridiculous. After my 7 deals (in one month) I walked away because of the messs.

Todd Pityer doesn't even return their employee phone calls so, it's no surprise to me.

• Do
      26th of Jun, 2009

I allowed Amerisave to charge my credit card $35 for a credit check, sent in all required documents. On June 22nd credit score came back 806. On 25th at 10:30 at night they sent me an email stating my credit was denied. When I questioned this the loan processor, Anthony McCallahan, sent me an email stating I had not paid for the Credit Report. I sent him a copy of the receipt sent from Amerisave where they charged my card. Then he left me a voice mail saying the paystubs I sent were out of date. I had copies on my computer, pulled them up & they were up to date. Just so happens I just got paid so sent that 2 week periods stub. Have not heard from him. When you call nobody can answer your questions but your loan processor. Who just happens to work the same hours that you have to be on your own job. I thought complaints on various boards would be from people that do have all their documents & low credit scores, THIS IS NOT TRUE. I apologize.

• Rj
      1st of Aug, 2009

I personally worked with Anthony McCallahan and he was great. He answered all of my questions. He offer great advice and incite. I have actually recommended him to my friends and family. Amerisave's process was quick and easy. I am sorry to hear about your experience as I know there are two sides to EVERY story. However, I just wanted to defend Mr. McCallahan as he was nothing but to myslef and my wife!

• Wa
      20th of Aug, 2009

I agree with the negative comments about Amerisave. They are a bunch of scammers. I was charged $35 for a credit check and my score came back 806. Then I was told by a Sara Cade what my rate and closing costs options were. I finally picked one (4.375% and only $1700 total closing costs!) and was told that I could lock them in AFTER I paid for an appraisal which I did. The next day, I was told by Sara Cade that my rate and closing costs would NOT be locked in until they got the appraisal back! So I cancelled the appraisal. Amerisave's OWN website says NOT to do business with a company that WON'T GUARANTEE their closing costs BEFORE you pay for an appraisal LOL!!! They are a terrible company! I make over $400, 000 a year and have excellent credit and about $200, 000 equity in my house and they STILL treated me like crap!!! There is something VERY FISHY about Amerisave!!!

• Ge
      16th of Nov, 2010

Horrible Experience. Overcharge Credit Card. Poor Follow-up. Long Delays. Will probably be cancelling my loan application even though its gone over 90 days. Website says that you can track status but it is not updated regularly. There maybe some honest people there but my experience has been the worse of over 10 loans that I've received over the years. I urge anyone to review all the complaints on them - would not be surprised to find out that they have one of the worst records.

• Bi
      18th of May, 2011

I know Anthony. I would not do business with him. Shady .He still hasn't changed