Amerigas / Poor Billing Practices

NJ, United States Review updated:

This is the second time I've had a problem being OVER charged on a bill. I recently signed a AmeriLOCK agreement for 3.19/gal. My check for the annual program fee didn't get cashed so I called my local Amerigas office rep to find out why as i'm going to need to order gas soon. The rep, Denise, tells me she has my check in front of her and no worries the paperwork is in and will be processed. OK, great. I place a delivery order within a week or so. Then I get the bill. My bill seems higher than it should be, and oddly, the per gallon price isn't listed anywhere on my bill which immediately raises my suspicions. It calculates out to a price that is 11 cents higher per gal than my contracted rate so I try to reach my local office. Some strange guy answers and tells me that he's the only one there (?) and that Denise is out due to a death in the family (turns out this is a total LIE - she was LET GO and the branch is CLOSED but I don't find this out until much later.) THat if I could call back on Monday, that would be great. Ok, fine. I call back on Monday but I keep getting a BUSY signal. After a few days of this, I call the National Care center and inform them of the billing error and difficulty in reaching my local office. They tell me they will reach out to the branch and someone from the branch will get back to me. 5 days later, no call back yet. I again call the local office 3-4 x (busy every time) I call the Nat'l call center and the rep puts me on hold then gets back to say that my local office claims I never returned my program choice or contract! OMG, WTF is going on here?? I tell that person that that is impossible. I've already confirmed with my local branch rep (Denise) weeks ago that my paperwork was in and check was received. I tell her she needs to find out what is going on over there. She'll call me back. Uh-huh. I am so angry that I again call the local office and finally, to my amazement, I get through, only to find out that the Lakehurst office was shut down and Denise is no longer an employee! I finally get a rep at the new office to admit that my paperwork was misplaced but now they've found it (uh-huh) and they will cancel my current incorrect bill and reissue at the correct, lower price. I told this rep that perhaps they should have been upfront with me and told me that Denise is no longer with the firm and that the branch was closed instead of all this pretending that it's business as usual. Did it not occur to them that they MAY HAVE misplaced my agreement in the office closure?? Instead they choose to accuse me of not returning my agreement. What a bunch of clowns. I wouldn't recommend this company to ANYONE. They need to get their act together.

Comments

• Fr
      Nov 07, 2011

Hello Jdburton! We are sorry to hear about the difficulties you have been experiencing with billing and your account. Please email your acocunt details to [protected]@amerigas.com and we'll see how we can assist you. Thanks!

• Fr
      Nov 07, 2011

Hi LANJersey! I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you've had with billing at AmeriGas. Please email your account details to Fran at [protected]@amerigas.com and we'll see how we can assist. Thanks!