Americas Servicing Company / Fraud

Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Americas servicing Company (ASC) lost two of my mortgage payment checks AFTER CASHING THEM and claimed for months that I did not make the payments even though my bank sent them copies of the checks showing them paid. ASC threatened to foreclose unless I accepted a forebearance agreement and paid those same checks again. I accepted and paid the agreement off several months early. They are still claiming that they were not paid on the original two checks. I complained to the Texas Attorney General and filed criminal charges against them. I won and got some money back. Now ASC hates me! Yeah for me!

ASC then deposited into my bank account three payments without my knowledge or concent and is attemptin to foreclose based on me now being three payments behind. They have refused to take thier money back. This is bank wire fraud according to my bank manager. I will again file criminal charges against them this week.

I asked ASC over the phone to point out where on my note it allowed them to do this. I was told that notes are complicated and that I would not understand it even if they pointed it out to me. I explained to them that I am a mortgage banker and an expert in notes so go ahead and point it out. They promptly hung up. They are nothing but an organized crime racket.

The Texas Attorney General wants all information on this company! Those of you in Texas start documenting everthing, especially ASC's illegal activity regarding thier 'drive-by fee' if you are late. ASC was ordered by the Texas Attorney General to cease and desist collecting this fee and to return it to Texas customers. Document everything. This company must be put out of business and it's corporate officers must go to jail!

People in other states: Check with your Attorney General. 37 of 50 state Attorney Generals have criminal investigations currently underway against ASC. Get involved and help your AG by documenting everything and offer evidence to your AG against ASC! Take these scums to the mat!

Lets get a class action lawsuit going! This company breaks every law that there is and must be stopped. A multi-million dollar lawsuit ought to get thier attention.

Anybody have a lawyer already doing this?

Comments

Va
  12th of Jun, 2008
In May of 2000 Americas Servicing Company was to have paid off my mortgage loan from Washington Mutual for me. I have just recently learned this past April 2008, through looking at a copy of my credit report, that the Washington Mutual Loan was not paid off as promised by Americas Servicing Company and Washington Mutual now has a court claim against me for the outstanding balance of the loan. I have made an effort to contact Americas Servicing Company at the bogus address listed on my credit report and I was unable to locate the company in all of my searches on the internet.
Re
  8th of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

Sc
  18th of Aug, 2008
Americas servicing Company is wholly owned by Wells Fargo. Stop doing business with Wells Fargo and make them feel the pain. Wells Fargo goes to great lengths to hide it's 100% ownership of this criminal cash-cow company.

Make Wells Fargo pay!

Close your Wells Fargo bank accounts. Payoff Wells Fargo credit cards with other cards and close the Wells fargo account. Refinance away from them if you have a mortgage with them. Do not apply at Wells fargo for any credit and do not do anykind of business with them. Do anything and everything to put Wells fargo out of business.

The blame for the endless crimes committed by ASC rests squarely, and knowingly on Wells Fargo's shoulders. Let them know that you know.
Co
  30th of Mar, 2009
I absolutely agree with you. They did the same thing to me. There should be a class action suit against them. I am willing to join it. They should be shut down. Would it help to forward all these complaints to the morgage companies they represent?
Mi
  24th of Jul, 2009
I was also charged a "drive-by " fee. When I questioned what that was, no one would answer. I live in Delaware and I will be contacting AG Monday morning. We have had to deal with ASC for over 4 years and it has been a battle since day one when our mortgage was sold to them. I NEVER would have given them my business. They lose payments, misapproriate funds, charge fees that are not documented. We now record every phone call and tell them we are taping the calls. When they lose a payment I call and tell them we Western Union'd the payment and the day and time. When they say they never received it I play the recording of the CS person who we called to confirm & that they had the payment ON TIME. They usually stop talking and apologize and hang up. The next's month's statement reflects where they have refunded the late charges. Don't let them get away with anything.
Th
  10th of Jul, 2010
They did foreclose on our house, and we were completely blindsided by the whole ordeal. We had moved to East Texas, but were still making payments on the home with the mortgage through ASC. They 'lost' checks (Jan, Feb, March) that we never knew about being lost because the funds were withdrawn from our account and we received no collection calls...we kept paying the mortgage as usual. Then whammy...a foreclosure notice in the mail. The shock of our lives. This was the middle of June. Our house was going to be foreclosed on August 5 of '08 if we didn't cough up $14K. We are both educators and have four kids. We don't have that kind of money floating around. They did not care about our bank records. They said we must have sent the checks to the wrong department or the wrong address and someone else must have cashed them. But they were not credited to our account. No sympathy. We lost our house and $40K of equity because they reported 'foreclosure proceedings started' on our credit report, no bank would touch us to help us.

America's Servicing Company [ASC] Logo America's Servicing Company [ASC]