America's Servicing Company / Awful service!

1 P.O Box 10388Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-4300675

We've been paying our mortgage since this company took our mortgage on time. But it was only beginning of this year that the income was very tight and we required a little help. My friend told me that their mortgage company gave them a 2 month break just to be back in track, and that's w/out interest at all. So that gave me an idea to try it with our mortgage company.

I called today, but unfortunately i was told that their company don't do such a thing. The only way they can help us is to delay the payment and then they will submit us to collection agency. We don't want to be under collection agency, we are asking for a little break. Don't they even have any compassion or heart to help those in need. I've read a lot of complaints about this company and we totally agree with them. As a matter of fact, we made a very big mistake of refinancing. We use to be under Countrywide and this broker name Anita Adams called and gave this all nice offering about how we can make our mortgage better but it was the reverse of it.

We wanted so bad to lower down the interest rate of our present mortgage but because of the bad economy we were forced to used our credit cards to meet our needs and we think that's the cause why our score went down. But were never late and we made sure that all our debts are paid on time. It was only during the beginning of this year that we started to have our financial difficulties.

We hope you can help us in our situation, and we hope that this company learned better ways to accommodate their clients and not choking them. We understand its business, but in any situation there is always consideration and solutions.
Hope to hear from you and thank you very much for your time and your website. At least our voices can be heard, thanks a lot!

Sort by: Date | DownRating

Comments

• Ro
      9th of Sep, 2006

I was just informed that my mortage payments just doubled. I am trying to refinance my mortage to save my home. According to the company my taxes were paid without my knowledge. Also forced insurane has been added to my mortage.

• Da
      16th of Sep, 2006

America's Service Company is a dishonest and lawbreaking company that I have just reported to the Massachusetts Attorney General and the U.S. Banking Commission.

My experience as a mortgage holder with this company was nothing short of that of any crime victem. Hope everyone has the opportunity to refinance out of this corrupt group.

1st of Oct, 2006

They are telling me that I owe them about $150 more than I do. They can't explain why I owe them more and they keep saying that they are sending me my payment history which will supposedly show why I owe them more. Well, after 25 days of arguing with them and repeated requests for my payment history, which still hasn't shown up, I am now in the position that I have to pay the extra amount or I will be reported as being late on the payment. My interest rate and escrow amounts are unchanged. Their phone monkeys are idiots and uncooperative. I am now forced to refinance to get away from these crooks.

• Vi
      3rd of Oct, 2006

I have had my home for 3 years exactly and I have never been late on my mortgage until I refinanced and switched banks to Fremont Investment and Loan never been late with them either they sold my loan to ASC in february of 2006. Never was informed that my loan was being sold until i received a letter/packet in the mail at the end of March say that I have paid my mortgage for two months, I sent Fremont my February and March payment to only to have it returned to me in March. They have been reporting lates on my credit report to this fact and I have called wrote letters and sent letters to there corresponding department and credit agencies and still havent produced any results pertaining my late status and now I am selling my house and can't get a decent new mortgage else where because of some of there personal dropping balls all over the place, now I have to rent for about 60 days until My credit score goes back up in order to purchase my new home..... I feel the pain that the previous complaits have, its unfortunate that we have to go thru these changes... from as it was put "crooks/idiots".

• Ji
      11th of Oct, 2006

These knuckleheads don't know their left hand from the right. I sent them numerous faxes and overnight mails in an attempt to save the property from foreclosure. No one seems to know where the documents went and no one cares to follow up about it. But they are very active in making phone calls to tell you yur payment is overdue. Avoid these ###s at all costs. they are worthless. I am still trying to do the same and no one knows where the last fax went and are asking for more of the same they already received.

2nd of Jan, 2007

I would like to assist everyone with america's servicing company... Firstly in regards to the lady who's loan was sold to asc in feb... This is a common practice with a lender. Loans are sold all the time! Under the respa law when a new company acquires your loan you cannot be assessed a late fee or reported to the credit agency for 60 days! It is a federal law! Also if your taxes even fall 1 day delinquent your mortgage payment can pay them! They hold an enforceable lien against your property! If your home goes to a tax sale they loose the lien so naturally they pay them! They send 2 letters telling you to pay the taxes! If not it is valid to escrow. You cannot wait until a month after they pay them to say oh well you cant do that i will pay them! If you did pay them and they force place escrow it is not because they are crooks! They received information at some pt that states they still haven't been paid from the govt! If you are escrowed. They force place for one year to ensure they don't have to waste their time paying your taxes all the time! The only way for a payment deduction is to pay what they paid out then your payment will have what you owe for next years taxes. The main reason that most of your payments are high are because you have arm loans! They are popular but expensive at this time! Read your federal document(note) before you sign it! Your home must also have homeowners insurance. If not it is force placed. If you have homeowners it cannot show a lapse or asc charges for the lapse! It is legal! If you have insurance and they force place this is common! Its because they don't have your info! Fax the declaration page to their insurance dept! It will be resolved within 5 business days!

• Se
      23rd of Mar, 2007

Wow! I went on the internet to search for their website and came across this website. I'm so surprised. Why would do this? I'm glad I came across this website. I'm definitely going to keep my eye on them especially since my mortgage loan was also sold to them.

• Mi
      24th of Mar, 2007

ASC is an absolute bunch of ###s. I faxed them proof of homeowners insurance back in December 2006 yet they still escrowed insurance into my mortgage in April 2007, claiming they didn't receive the fax. Evidentially their fax machine deposits the faxes directly into a paper shredder. I call a representative and explain my situation, then she asks for my agents number so they could call the agent, I'm thinking everything is ok... NOT!. They still screwed up so I call and explain everything again, telling what the first representative had said. This representative however told me that they do not call insurance agencies... now I'm ticked off. Someone is not telling the truth. I contact my agent and they fax a copy of my insurance. Finally I get a notice from the insurance company ASC uses and they state that they are canceling my insurance because I have sufficient proof of insurance since June 2006. Now that I have payed almost $1300 in escrow for insurance that I already had I am about to battle for a refund of my hard earned money... I want to hear what lame excuses this half assed , underachieving company tells me now.

12th of Jul, 2007

No offense but for a company who assist subprime loans it sounds like these poor people have subprime customers. In order to not sound stupid I would recommend you guys read up on your loan documents before going crazy over this company.

• Ji
      28th of Jul, 2007

Wow by the information you and Erick have documented, I can already tell that you all harass the customers. FYI anything that is documented could be utilized in court. Everything that you have on here is a representation of the company you work for. My company would have me fired for putting the things you have on here. ex. insane people, bipolar meds. If your company truly believed in customer service, I don't believe you or Erick would be part of that organization any longer. Anything that you put down could be seen by the CEO or the President of your company. Just think would he be proud of what you wrote or would he feel as if you've damaged the company more by confirming the allegations?

18th of Aug, 2007

This is an example of ASC reps - This person is obviously ignorant of the true meaning of customer service. I am in the mortgage industry and have been for nearly 10 years in many capacities. What this person fails to understand is that the average person does not deal with any of these policies or procedures on a regular basis. It is our job to help people though the process. That is what fair lending practices are all about. We are not talking about a pair of shoes here.. These are people's lives and homes. Yes many people that fall into trouble because they do not follow the correct procedures.. and yes many people do not give this a high priority.. they are focused on other cares... THAT is where the loan servicer is supposed to step in. I work with people regularly who if they had been helped would have been able to get out of the situation. Unfortunately the attitude displayed here is what most people encounter... It may be true according to the letter of the law. However, if ASC would make a decent effort at including true customer service in along with the correct letter of the law, things on both sides would be improved. I have participated in conference calls with many of my clients to force the issue and have the rep explain concerns in laymen terms and have been astounded at how rude many of the reps were.

So Yes Kathy - your “legalese is correct”. But your ignorance is astounding.

27th of Aug, 2007

We have a similar case that we are going thru right now. We purchased wind and hail insurance, payed for it yet asc have added the amount to the escrow which we have to pay again. I know it is wrong and every representative we have talked to has different reasons about the issue, they do not know what they're talking about.

• Mi
      6th of Sep, 2007

My mortgage was sold to ASC last yr. I have never had a late payment till last month when my ID was stolen. The sad thing is that I called ASC to check on my direct deduct payment because the ID thieves had used the account from which I pay my mortgage. The person I spoke to was very helpful and told me my payment went through and that I was not to worry. I asked the ASC rep. to notate my account per our discussion, and she said she did.

The next thing I knew I had 2 hits on my credit report for late payments. I called into ASC and the rudeness began. After which they asked me to mail in a hand written explanation for them to review.

Its just too hard for me to continue because this situation has really changed the way my family and I live. I can no longer refi my house becos of their practices... gotta stop here it hurts too much.

19th of Jan, 2008

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH KATHY AND UNFORTUNATELY FOR YOU JILIAN AND MARLA....I DISAGREE....
    IM A ASC CUSTOMER....AND HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS, I HAVE NO COMPLAINT ABOUT THE COMPANY OR THEIR CUSTOMER SERIVICE, THEY HAVE BEEN GREAT AND I HAVE APRECIATED EVERYTHING THEY HAVE DONE!!!

JULIIAN......YOUR COMMENTS IS VERY...UHH...HOW DO I PUT IT...FUNNY? LOL....ARE YOU GONNA GO ALL CALL ASC AND TELL THEM ERIK AND KATHY HAVE POSTED THIS ON A COMPLAINT BOARD?? HOW DO U EVEN KNOW THEY WORK FOR THAT COMPANY.....??? EVERYTHING KATHY POSTED ON HERE IS VERY VALUABLE INFORMATION.....ALL YOU PEOPLE JUST HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR ARE REALLY GETTING INTO WHEN BUYING A HOME...THIS IS NOT TO BASH ON ANY OF YOU.....BUT JILIAN THINK ABOUT EVERY POINT KATHY MAKES IN THIS COMMENT....IT MAKES SENCE!!! ASC DOES NOT HARRAS THE CUSTOMER...IF YOU HAVE A COLLECTIONS REP CALL YOU AKING WHERE YOUR PAYMNT IS....THIS IS NOT HARRASING YOU!!! IF YOU DONT WANT THEM CALLING YOU...JUST PAY ON TIME!!!

AS TO MARLA....JUST BECAUSE YOUR WORK IN THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY...THAT DOES NOT MEAN YOU KNOW "EVERYTHING"....IM ALSO IN THE MORTGAGE INDUSTRY AND HAVE BEEN FOR MORE THAN 17YEARS.......AND YET THERE ARE STILL THINGS I LEARN ON A DAILY BASIS.....
    AS TO PEOPLE NOT FOLLOWING THE CORRECT PROCEDURES......WHO'S FAULT IS THAT??? ITS NOT THE SERVICING COMPANY'S FAULT.....IS IT THE CUSTOMER FAULT?? OR IS IT THE MORTGAGE REPS FAUL BECAUSE THEY DIDNT INFORM THE CUSTOMER WHAT THE CORRECT PROCEDURES ARE???,,,,,YOU SEE..THIS INS A CIRCLE...THERE IS NO END TO THAT ARGUMENT....
    AS TO PEOPLE WHO "COULD HAVE BEEN HELPED IN TIME".....THERE ARE NO EXCUSES.......PEOPLE WHO "COULD HAVE" BEEN HELPED PROBABLY DIDNT SEEK HELP UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE.....OH...AND ITS THE COMPANY;S FAULT......LOL....DONT BE RIDICULOUS....

LIKE I SAID ASC'S CUSTOMER SERVICE IS OUTSTANDING.....I KEEP WELL INFORMED OF EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS ON MY MORTGAGE ACCOUNT......I CALL THEM AT LEAST 2 TIMES A MONTH TO MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS OKAY.....
    AND THAT WHAT WE SHOULD ALL DO, NOT ONLY WITH ASC BUT WITH EVERY MORTGAGE COMPANY .....AND IF THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG,,,,OR THERE'S AN ERROR....DONT CALL AND BE AN ### ABOUT IT WITH A CUSTOMER SERVICE REP, TALK TO THEM AND LET THEM KNOW WHATS GOING ON...THEY ARE THERE TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND CHANGES AND EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR LOAN!

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE.....AND IF SOMEONE IS MISTREATING YOU AND HARRASING YOU...MAKE A COMPLAINT WITH A SUPERVISOR OR A MANAGER...OR TO THE CORPORATE OFFICE...........
    THIS JUST SEEM LIKE AN UNGOING COMPLAINT PAGE ABOUT ASC..............U SHOULD JUST BE INFORMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Gl
      25th of Jan, 2008

do anybody know if it is really a freeze on arm loans?

• Do
      13th of Mar, 2008

I read this article carefully and am offended that apparently you think all of these people are uneducated or lazy. I read everything before I sign and personally I don't care for asc. I don't really have any problems but I would like to be able to pay online without a fee as I have always done in the past with our other holders. I sympathize with these people who have legitimate problems and I must say our payment has been lost by the company more than once( sitting in a lockbox I bekieve I was told) This is certainly not as easy to straighten out as you would indicate. If I had my choice which I don't I would not use this servicing company.

• Ta
      19th of Mar, 2008

same hapend to me, i bee asking them to waive the late charges... I pay every month, but i pay late... we also have financial problems.
    They send me to a "helpline" but they said "I am sorry mam... there's nothing we can do"

• Ka
      20th of Mar, 2008

I don't normally post messages on line but after reading the stories on this sight about America's Servicing Company, however, if my story helps even one person, it will serve it's purpose. I fell victim to ASC/Wells Fargo request for a payment of over $3, 000 to Suspend my Foreclosure during my Loan Modification review. Prior to making the decision to sending them the money, I specifically asked several of their employees if my money would be refunded if a Loan Modification could not be worked out and/or if I was unable to pay the modified loan amount. I was told "YES". so like a fool, without getting it in writing, I sent them the money. Upon Approval of the Loan Modification, my payments INCREASED over $400 per month, which I cannot pay. I then, requested a refund of the money I paid. I am now bing told by ASC Loss Mitigation, Wells Fargo Collections, Wells Fargo Legal and Liquidation department they would never make a statement like that, the payment I gave them is "Non-Refunable". Had I known this was the case I would never have sent them the money, as it was all the money I had in the world. After seeing everyone's comments here, it is very clear that ASC / Wells Fargo is taking advantage of distressed homeowners situations.

• Do
      10th of Apr, 2008

First off, Kathy Weller. you are an idiot "JUST IN TIME" service that ASC provides it's customers is their only means of paying your payments online, whether they are the first of the month or the last day of the grace period, it's a $10 to $20.00 charge for the ability to pay online. Funny... I do all the banking and bill paying online and the only company that charges me a fee for actually giving them a direct wire transfer of funds is ASC and GMAC. Which is F-ing ###. You are paying online so they (A) get their money fast, (B) it protects you against a lost or stolen check in the mail and (C) from me having to write a freakin' check to being with and pay our lovely america worthless postal system who rips us off yearly with increases for crappy service a FREAKING STAMP that is .50cents. Give me a F-ing Break!!!
    BTW, if you call in your payment to ASC they charge you a $20.00 dollar fee for a phone call payment, I think that they must mistake themselves for TICKETMASTER!

Now, complaints on holding payments to make them late, Definitely happens with ASC. I can tell you that I've made payments by phone direct debted and by internet and receive a confirmation number (they even ask you if you want the payment applied to your account today) I say YES always. Then the payment doesn't hit my account for 3 more days, which they when they are giving me a confirmation number they are applying a late fee after they note the money in there account, not when I've received the confirmation number which states that my payment is accepted and should be noted on the account, that instant.

Then there is the issue that ASC taking over mortgages from other companies, yet claiming your owe them money for a payment before they took over your mortgage, but they weren't the note holder. They should know this, especially when I have a letter from them and option-one (previous mortgage company) stating when I'm to make my 1st payment toASC. If ASC needs to get it's money mid-month before they took over a loan, they should know who in the hell the acquired the note from and go and get their damn money instead of harrassing it's customers for payment and then
    forcing a foreclosure on them. Unfortunately for them I won my case only to have them LOSE another personal check that came with a Cashiers Check, threw the attorney they hired to represent them, so don't give me this ###, that they don't screw up bigtime. Because they've been ###ing me over now for 2 yrs and they still won't make amends for their mistakes and mishandling.
    If any of you want to band together on a Class Action Lawsuit I'm all for it.

7th of May, 2008

I have been trying to get a loan modificaion since March 2008.

I have faxed information twice. They were suppose to send me forms to fill out regarding financhial status. They have told me on three different occassions they had sent the forms. I have not received them yet. Supposedly the forms are in the mail. The last time I called they told me to make up my own.

They are either overwhelmed with work, or whoever is in charge of mail is not doing their job. I know the US Postal Service does not take two months to deliver mail.

I wish I knew what to do.