Americas Best Value Inn Satellite Beachcustomer service / storage fees

I rented a room at America's Best value inn on November 27th 28th and 29th.I was taken to the hospital on November 29th somewhere around 7 p.m. . I was admitted to the hospital and I also contacted Manny at the America's Best value inn. I told him that I was going to be released he said I had until noon to pick up my stuff or it was going to be a $25 storage fee plus $10 a day. They ended up admitting me and I did not get released until last night November 30th around 10:30 p.m. . I called America's Best value inn and the front desk clerk told me to wait until today December 1st so that I could speak to Manny about the storage fee in the daily fee. I never signed anything or read anything stating that there would be a fee of any kind if I could not pay for the night or the next night. Please let me know if this is protocol I do not have the money to pay to get my things back but I would like my things back everything I own was in the room. The room number was 245. I feel like I should be able to hit my belongings without having to pay. Thank you in advance.
Dana Atkinson