AmericaRx.com / Bad service

I have ordered several things from this company. Usually shipping is pretty fast, but it's hard to get a hold of customer service. I have never had any major issues and the shipping is usually fast. Prices are a little better then some other internet drugstores.

Ja

Comments

Tr
  24th of Jun, 2009

This company is terrible. Sure they are perhaps cheaper than other online pharmacies, but if you have ANY problems with your order, YOU ARE IN TROUBLE!! I placed an order for five units of a product, however without any explanation I only received three units. Once I tried to address this problem with them, it was impossible to get ahold of anyone. When I finally did, they promised to issue me a refund within 10 days. Well, that was 6 weeks ago and I still have not received my refund. Two weeks after this initial email, I spent 1.5 hours on hold to talk to a customer service agent, who promised the refund was in progress. Well, that was a month ago and still no refund!!

DO NOT BUY FROM AMERICARX.COM

P.S. THEY'RE NOT EVEN AN AMERICAN COMPANY!!! JUST TRY TO FIND A U.S. ADDRESS ON THEIR WEBSITE.

FRAUDS--FRAUDS!!!

Sk
  25th of Jun, 2009

Same here. Received an Email that the item is "Ready to Ship" . After 9 days waiting, I tried unsuccessfully to get tracking information; but in the meantime they had me "register" with my name and address. Called Customer Service; kept on hold for 25 minutes then after a Rep picked up, it took another 10 minutes on hold for them to verify. Their answer: the item ordered were discontinued. They said a credit will be issued in "approximately 10 days". This means they have been holding my money for 10 days and expect to be holding for another 10. They are getting an interest free loan of 20 days; if a refund is indeed issued at all.
Totally disreputable. They should be barred from using "America" in their letterhead.

Ka
  14th of Jul, 2009

I just posted this on epinions, but I am so frustrated I want to get the word out so others do not have the same bad experience.

Disorganized, Disreputable "Company" w/an outsourced customer service that works M-F 8-5.

I am about 99% sure that their customer service is outsourced to India. So, as with most customer service issues, trying to express your unique problem becomes twice as difficult when you are overcoming a language barrier.
All I wanted to do was correct the shipping address because I was never prompted to put one in seperate from my billing address when I entered my order. I called and called and for being an online drugstore, their customer service is not open except during the work week 8-5. Which frankly is unheard of in customer service since the advent of the internet and the "shop in your pajamas" age.

The website is sloppy and disorganized. It is hard to find normal links like "contact us" or "help". There is just way too many things going on with each page. It's like all the aisles of CVS threw up on each page.
After minutes of scouring, I found the "help center" and I e-mailed them 3 times via their "contact us/enquiry" form on their website. All I got back was an automated letter saying they'd get right back to me. That was 3 days ago...still no response.

When I tried to call, I was put in queue that said I was 5th in queue, a few minutes later I was 4th, more waiting 3rd...second, and finally first. I got the distinct impression that there was only one customer service agent running the show. When I finally got on the line, already frustrated, I had to deal with trying to explain that my item was being shipped to the wrong place to someone that had clearly only been trained to answer 3 preconceived questions, none of which could help me.

The only reason I used AmericanRX.com was because the face soap I wanted to purchase was a $1 cheaper than CVS and Walgreens. In retrospect, I would have GLADLY PAID THE EXTRA DOLLAR TO WORK WITH A REPUTABLE COMPANY.
I have no way of knowing if customer service actually honored my request to correct my shipping address, for all I know I just got ripped off for $14.

Rp
  28th of Sep, 2009

No you say my email address is incorrect. I beg to differ. I have had this email address for at least 5 years and absolutely refuse to change it so that I may have the PRIVILEGE of ordering from you.

So, I will do no business with you and will shop elsewhere from now on.

Regards,

R. Parker

606-523-1422

Rp
  28th of Sep, 2009

hello

I keep getting an error message saying my email address is incorrect. Well, I beg to differ. My email address has been the same for at least 5 years and I absolutely refuse to change it so that I may have the PRIVILEGE of doing any business with you. So, our business relationship will come to a screaching halt! I will do business with some other company in the future!

Regards

R. Parker

606-523-1422

Al
  1st of Jan, 2010

Buy all the same category products from www.otcrx4u.com
Customer service is excellent and shipping is very fast.
Last week I ordered some products and i got my product before expected time and everything was smooth.

Ch
  26th of Apr, 2010

Same for me... AmericRX delivered me OLD Product and was not ready to accept it. Customer call is really long about 1 hour. Customer representative asked me to send photo of delivered product with email "orders@americarx.com" and was not giving any confirmation number about that call. I am not going to buy any thing from this company in future... trying to find out some way to BLACK List this company so nobody buy any thing from this company. Product what i received clearly mention about earlier delivered date 12th December 2009 to somebody(attached image), but customer representative was not ready to accept them fault. Product looks really dirty. I emailed all photo to provided email from customer representative and waiting for reply.

Jk
  30th of May, 2010

I ordered three items, two for cough medicine and the other for vitamins. It took 9 days to deliver the package, it went thru FEDEX instead of the original shipping information by UPS. FEDEX delivered package with USPS. USPS deliver the package at wrong address. The resident of that address delivered my package. Instead of the cough medicine they sent me two bottles of ointment for dry skin. I said wrong item!... No wonder I called their customer service number while I was awaiting for someone to answer the phone, the automated voice was telling me you are number one in queue, but noone answered for real!.. this is frustrating for customers. I ordered thru their website because I cannot find infants cough medicine, I thought it was more affordable doing it this way, but I realize not the best way. I'm afraid if I order two bars of chocolate probably they would send me two snakes.

Mj
  18th of May, 2011

I ordered something and it passed through twice. I called them immediately and they said my charge would be reversed within 24 hours. Nope. I called again after a few days, they said it would be refunded withing 48 hours. Nope. Had to contact my card to dispute the claim. Tons of paper work. Nothing yet.
AmericaRX sucks.

Lj
  20th of May, 2011

I ordered 2 identical items on 04/28/2011 which were supposed to be shipped USPS First Class. I received an email with order confirmation and tracking number the next day, but the tracking number was FedEx. On 05/03 I checked the tracking on the package and the info had not been updated since they received it. Long story short here, they had no control over the delivery, which took 12 days. I emailed them about the delivery problem and they replied saying the shipping dept. would look into the matter. I received my package on the 13th day after ordering, opened it to find 1 of the product I ordered and another totally different product. After sending 4 emails with no reply, finally spoke to a human who said I would receive an email with instructions. That was 6 days ago and I've not received any email. Last night I emailed them again and today I received a reply that doesn't make much sense. It referred to the shipping dept. sending my order, but somehow I only received a partial order. Huh? No, you sent the wrong thing! I want what I ordered and paid for. I don't want this crap they sent. After all this time and inconvenience and irritation, I'll be damned if I'm going to pay any more $$ to them. This company is an Amazon Seller, but, unfortunately, I ordered through their website instead of through Amazon where we would have some recourse. This company sucks and I'd love to blackball them all over the place.

Lj
  21st of May, 2011

FYI: In further researching AmericaRX, come to find out that myOTCstore is the SAME COMPANY, parent company appears to be Darisi, Inc. And if you really want to see where your products are coming from (or NOT, as the case may be) try a search for their address on Google Maps (1935 Hazen St. East Elmhurst, NY). A lovely place.

Kt
  9th of Feb, 2012

I received a response from AmericaRx they will not replace my defective product and I told them if I bought the product from amazon I would have received another product right away?

I am very disappointed with this product and wonder if you can address this problem with your client?

Ml
  18th of Jul, 2013

I bought a product that is not readily available in stores from AmericaRx off of Amazon Marketplace and when I received it, it not only was incorrect but it had been packed so that it spilled all over the box...in short, it was a mess! I called the number listed on the invoice and got this guy who barely spoke English and did not understand what I wanted. I think I was talking to Mumbai. I wanted to return the erroneous, damaged product with them paying the shipping and remove the price from my credit card. This idiot kept repeating that he wanted a picture of the damage, I needed to do this and that and he would contact the shipping department in 24 hours. He kept on repeating the same thng over and over and over sounding like he was following a script. The best was that he kept thanking me for being on hold when I hadn't been put on hold! I asked for a supervisor and of course, they had all gone home. I have NEVER been asked for a picture of damage having always been able to return the product (from Amazon), especially if it was incorrect. I also think that it should be noted that the product did NOT come UPS even though the shipping lable was clearly marked for UPS only. I am persistant and I will pursue this with Amazon and will NEVER buy anything from these clowns again!

Re
  27th of Dec, 2013

Ordered a Dr. Bronner's lotion for a Christmas present on Dec 08. It was listed as in stock. Other products from other sellers in same order arrived in a timely manner. This product from AmericaRX was listed as "preparing for shipment" for over two weeks. I emailed them several times to get a status and the answer was essentially "soon come". On Christmas eve I get an email saying the order was cancelled because their inventory had been damaged in the warehouse.

At that point there was no way I could obtain this from another vendor. In my emails I asked them to tell me if I should expect it to ship prior to Christmas and could never get a direct answer. I should have cancelled my order and gone with someone else.

Don't bother with this vendor. I know I won't ever again. They acted as though they were doing me a favor by not charging me for the product they couldn't ship. I know Christmas is a busy time and there were a number of delivery problems across the country. But this was different. The item was listed as "in stock" and they couldn't get the product together and out the door in a 2 week period.