American Van Lines / moving
I set up a move with this company back in April, with a 3-day pick-up window, price estimate, and contract. I payed the deposit (half of the estimated moving cost) in May.
They assured me they would call 10 days in advance for the final pick-up date.
They did not, and it became increasingly difficult to get hold of them. The pick-up window was supposed to be between Monday and Wednesday (June 26-28), and they called me Saturday night (June 24) to tell me they will not be able to move me, after all.
So, they cancelled a long-distance move two days in advance (including a Sunday), only saying that it is due to "unforeseen circumstances". They promised to give me a refund, but I am all packed, have to vacate my current place in a few days, and have no movers. A refund is not a solution in this case.
More American Van Lines Complaints & Reviews
- American Van Lines - over charge $1147, 2182p they charged 4136p 
- American Van Lines - complete nightmare 
- American Van Lines - cheating on the job 
- American Van Lines - fraud!!! 
- American Van Lines - total rip off - thieves and crooks 
- American Van Lines - moving company
- American Van Lines - customer service
- American Van Lines - nightmare experience, deceptive practices
- American Van Lines - moving company not what they promise
- American Van Lines - load date estimate