American Telecom / Rebate scam

Do not buy products from American Telecom. The rebates that are offered are fake. I bought the 4 cordless set with rebates of $50 & $20. The $20 rebate never made it to them. The $50 one did make it but after few weeks I received the non-compliance letter saying postmark date was after the offer date. Their online system did indicate that they received it before the expiry date. When I called them they accepted that they did receive it on-time & I was told to callback in 2 weeks to check back if the cheque has been issued. I have so far called them 3 times at an interval of 2 weeks & every time I get the same answer. Today when I called, now it goes directly to automated voice message system & phone gets disconnected. I have re-submitted the $20 rebate. Hoping that at least it will be received by them.

There seems to be a major issue/scam going on with this company. I am planning to report them if I do not get my money back soon.

Ja

Comments

• Ro
      6th of Dec, 2007

Experienced the same runaround as reported, 60 dollars involved. The phone was not a quality device and not even used. It was purchased at Office Depot.

Am now contacting all persons and agencies that may be able to assist in obtaining the rebates.

• Ro
      23rd of Dec, 2007

Dont give up on this rebate I have been trying since Sept of this year, experienced most of the complaints reported.Started calling corporate HQ and selling store , Office Depot.Finally contacted one Adam.Somer@atsphone.com.He is listed as Co President whatever that is, any how he returned my correspondence and within 10 days my $60 rebate was received.

4th of Mar, 2010

Do not buy a product from this ATS. I bought a two phone set from the Frys two years ago for "free" after $25 rebate. I only got one email from ATS saying they are processing my rebate. Nothing since then.

Right now, only base working. Everything else was broken along past year.