American Telecom / Rebate scam

Do not buy products from American Telecom. The rebates that are offered are fake. I bought the 4 cordless set with rebates of $50 & $20. The $20 rebate never made it to them. The $50 one did make it but after few weeks I received the non-compliance letter saying postmark date was after the offer date. Their online system did indicate that they received it before the expiry date. When I called them they accepted that they did receive it on-time & I was told to callback in 2 weeks to check back if the cheque has been issued. I have so far called them 3 times at an interval of 2 weeks & every time I get the same answer. Today when I called, now it goes directly to automated voice message system & phone gets disconnected. I have re-submitted the $20 rebate. Hoping that at least it will be received by them.

There seems to be a major issue/scam going on with this company. I am planning to report them if I do not get my money back soon.

Ja

Comments

Ro
  6th of Dec, 2007

Experienced the same runaround as reported, 60 dollars involved. The phone was not a quality device and not even used. It was purchased at Office Depot.

Am now contacting all persons and agencies that may be able to assist in obtaining the rebates.

Ro
  23rd of Dec, 2007

Dont give up on this rebate I have been trying since Sept of this year, experienced most of the complaints reported.Started calling corporate HQ and selling store , Office Depot.Finally contacted one Adam.Somer@atsphone.com.He is listed as Co President whatever that is, any how he returned my correspondence and within 10 days my $60 rebate was received.

4th of Mar, 2010

Do not buy a product from this ATS. I bought a two phone set from the Frys two years ago for "free" after $25 rebate. I only got one email from ATS saying they are processing my rebate. Nothing since then.

Right now, only base working. Everything else was broken along past year.