American Leisure / Unauthorized charges

American Leisure
I saw their number on the television and called them. They said they offer memberships on real estate, cruises, gas cards, shopping, restaurants, even car repairs. They tell you that you can cancel your membership anytime, but when you call back to cancel, they'll tell you you have to be a member for at least 30 days before your account can be canceled. They tell you all you have to do is pay 19.95 from your bank account or credit card and all your information will be sent to you, even your cards. At first when they are setting up your account, they give you this website to check out. (Bargain..something) and you can't even get access in it until they verify your account information. 3-7 days, they tell you. Anyways, I canceled my account after 30 days and of course you can't be refunded your money back.

But, I got my bank statement back the other day and they took out over 100 dollars in my account. I called them last night and they said it will take a month before they can put at least the regular membership fee back into my account. They cashed an electronic check with no signature and everything. That's when I realized that it was a scam. Everything looks legitimate, too. They even have this 'Membership Director' named, Chris Coleman that you 'supposedly' talk to. I never did try to use the cards either, so I don't know what would happen if you do try.

N  13th of Oct, 2008 by
Two charges on my last credit card statement I didn't recognize led me to Googling Easy Saver and American Leisure and discover this site. We see we have been ripped off like many other unsuspecting well meaning citizens. I will contact my cousin who is a lawyer with the FTC in Wash. DC and see what she suggests, besides the other great suggestions in the other reports.

This may be an international ring.
N  15th of Oct, 2008 by
When authorizing an automated phone purchase for a completely different product, I was fooled into "okaying" additional monthly charges through Encore Marketing for American Leisure and Easy Saver "coupons & offers." My monthly charges came to $16.95 for each. Had I not been verbally run in circles in order to purchase the one product, I never would have consented to have my credit card charged for "additional services." Encore Marketing should be ashamed of themselves for ripping off consumers. Shame on you! And shame on me for making a phone purchase in the first place. Never buy Ultra Lean Green Tea packets--they're *** for over $70/mo. and then American Leisure and Easy Saver will *** monthly for another $34.
N  21st of Oct, 2008 by
Hello, this is the manager of Customer Service for Ultra Lean Green. Just letting you all know that our Customer Service hours are Monday thru Friday 8AM-5:30PM and the number is 1-866-540-9633. We do have a 30 day risk free satisfaction Guarantee. So please give us a call and any one of our representatives will be happy to assist you with anything that they can.
Have a great day

Ultra Lean Green
A  8th of Dec, 2008 by
A lot of you are saying that you can't get through to anyone when you call the 877 numbers to cancel (877.564.8538/877.844.9554). I did a little research it turns out that they're owned/operated by a company called Encore Marketing International.

So... let's CALL THEM and tell them how big of ### they are for perpetuating these frauds/scams... below is a list of employees and the main number to Encore; if you call a receptionist will put you through to them... CALL THEM NOW IF YOU'RE FURIOUS ABOUT THEM STEALING FROM YOU:

4501 Forbes Blvd

Kimberli Files — Chief Operating Officer
David Gallimore — Executive Vice President, Sales & Marketing
Michael Dubrow — Executive Vice President, Partnership Development
Sondra Diggs — Chief Financial OfficerSondra Diggs — Chief Financial Officer

This is the contact information of the CEO of Encore Marketing who's behind American Leisure and EZ Saver Scams... contact him to let him know how you feel about him cheating you and stealing your money:

Chief Executive Officer
Stanley Plotnik

Encore Marketing 4501 Forbes Blvd
Lanham, MD 20706
N  3rd of Jan, 2009 by
Bargin Network and their affiliates are a ripoff. I canceled the trial membership prior to the 7-day trail period and was still charged by 3 different companies (19.80/month) for each company. I never received any information from any of these companies-EZ Saver, American Liesure and Home Source.

I can only receive a partial refund from the charges on my account. I have canceled my credit card since it is the only option to assure the charges will not continue. Be aware even if you cancel the original contract it does not cancel the affiliate memberships.

I threatened legal action and I will report them to the local BBB and Attorney General. Just beware of this scam and do not even talk to Bargin Network or you will be rip off by this scam and not receive any benefits!
N  12th of Mar, 2009 by
is there anything anyone can does about this company? Can we bring a class action against them?
A  29th of May, 2009 by
Could you let us know what your cousin says!!

N  21st of Jun, 2009 by
Scammed! I've tried calling to cancel; even given a cancellation number (probably random numbers off the top of their head). Thinking I've cleared the issue up ...only to be billed not only by them again...but, their counterparts aka EZ Saver. And now Vacation Passport in Minnesota is in on the fraud. I've had numerous calls from telemarketers since contact began with American Leisure. They've sold my info to whomever wants it!
A  24th of Sep, 2009 by
American leisure has stolen from me as well. Great format. Wanna know how they do it?email me and lets discuss what accounts we have in commom . For example at+t has allowed the state of calirornia to allow third party billing to your account billing. Like they could not have stopped this. This is one way companies like American Leisure get access to your bank account info or credit card number if your paying account bills online. I got ripped off concern ing the jupiter jack as seen on tv with billy mays .Anyone else get one of these in the mail you didnt order and get billed for it.these people wont answer thir phones and you get stuck with philloneas charges.I will forward all my information to the district attorney includind subpeonad phone records as 1800 calls or toll free calls dont show up on your phone bill to prove you never called to order.I called stan plotnick of course he"s unavailable to take a call. If you were ceo of a legitimate organization would you want to adress a persons complaint especially if the complant concerned fraudelent actions by your company. But obviously these Aren"t people who work for a living.Stan Plotnik if you have any integrity you'll call me back.I left a message with Mr. Plotnik 09 -24-09 11:11 am california time havent heard from him yet but i'll tell you if he cant take a simple phone call and resolve this matter concerning the conduct of his out fit then in my mind he's not much of a man. Ill let you know if the situation changes.We, ll find out if this dude's got a pair or he's just faking it.
A  8th of Dec, 2009 by
yeah that'd be really helpful!
N  22nd of Feb, 2010 by
i cancel 3 months ago and still getting charge for whatever i have never recieve anything from this company, they suck, they even hung up on me