American Laser Centers / $3600 and 1.5yrs later very little hair removed

Denver CO and Sacramento CA, United States Review updated:

With regard to hair removal I think this place is a joke. I have been in 2 different states and signed up for hair removal on bikini area and underarms. It has been over 1 and 1/2 years and I still need a razor. I feel completely ripped off, the "saleswomen" said I was a perfect candidate, fair skin, dark hair just normal amt of hair. I thought it would be worth it if I didnt have to shave anymore but that is never going to happen I complain almost everytime I am there, they will continue to do the treatments until I see results, but what a pain and they say that it probably will not remove all the hair...well then why would I spend $3500 and still need to buy and use a razor everyday. NO REFUNDS so I live with my mistake and never buy another service from this shady operation. I will add that I do have a friend who got laser hair removal at a dermatologist office and it did work. she could not believe that I had the lack of results I did but I just cant afford to try another place. I should have gone to her person.

Comments

• De
      4th of Apr, 2010

My experience is consistent with the rest of you. I have been receiving laser hair removal for over 2 years. I was told that I was the perfect candidate, yet I have received no results. Unfortunately my legs were burned in the process due to a technician error. They performed a photofacial on the scars in attempt to reduce it, though they ended up burning me worse (they lasered the same spot 5 times in a row). They have also attempted to use microderm to reduce the scarring, but positive results have not occurred. Time and time again I have asked them for empirical literature to support the procedures that they are using to get rid of my scarring; they have not been able to produce such literature. They will not allow me to speak to a nurse and the regional manager did not “have time to talk to me” until a few weeks ago. Not surprisingly, she is now not returning my calls. They have continually lied to me about being on “special treatment, ” only later to find out that no such treatment exists. I’m at a loss and don’t know what to do. If you have any information that could help me move forward, please email me at [protected]@yahoo.com.

• Jt
      25th of May, 2010

try American Laser!

• Ms
      8th of Jun, 2010

This is EXACTLY what happened to me! (full brazilain and underarms) I started my treatments March of '08 and I still need a razor. It looks like I have never even been touch with a laser. I need to shave every 2-4 days. I can't go anywhere else because I ahave already paid ALC in full and I can't afford it. I had a friend go to another place and she has results. I am so frustrated, I made the choice but they are so misleading. I have complained a few times, I even wrote e-mail to a higher up office but they just send me back to the location I am going to and nothing is done. One of the techs told me it takes anywhere from 6-26 treaments TWENTY SIX, I would have to buy another package before I even got to 26. They lie and I will never go back. On top of all of this, I was burned--badly on my bikini line the last time I went and am scared to go back. The tech tried to blame it on the spinning classes I go to. I'm pretty sure I cannot get burned from a bike seat.

• Ms
      8th of Jun, 2010

If anyone has any info. please contact me. [protected]@comcast.net. I will do the same.

• Ff
      22nd of Jul, 2011

I have experienced the very exact problems with ALC, being a "perfect candidate" and user of a razor after paying ~$3500!!! Is there any platform we can sue this company together??? Anyone knows anything about such crowd??