American Home Shield Corporation [AHS]water heater replacement

AHS sent a technician out to replace water heater. He said that since water heater was in bedroom, he would not do it. It's not a bedroom but storage area but a bed is there. So we call d AHS and explained. They said if we got another's plumber and he said it was up to code. Go ahead and replace. We did.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Cumming, GA Water heater is enclosed in a large closet type room, with proper drain in floor, with separate door. No problem. We called American Home Shield afterwards, and they said, since they didn't authorize. We would get no money back. But the person we spoke to, did authorize. I feel very betrayed. Conned!! Why would I pay for service and and not do what they say? We were led to believe that what we did was ok. Now I'm out of a lot of money, and paying for a worthless contract.

Apr 02, 2018

Comments

• Ne
      Apr 10, 2018

I too had a similiar experience with AHS. They sent an HVAC rep out to check my unit. They rep gave me a card and told me to give him a call if I want him to fix my unit. AHS denied my repair stating it was a pre existing problem. Repairman said compressor needed to be replaced. I was out $125 for service call. A co worker recommended a repairman . After a detailed check of my system, he discovered a wire was disconnected/burnt in compressor and only charged $120. AHS refused to refund my $125 deductible paid to them or reimburse my repair costs.