American Express / fraud and scam!
EMG has defrauded me with $30K promising to advertise my online travel store. EMG disappeared after cashing the 2 convenience checks ($20K from Chase and $10K from American Express). I reported a fraud case to AmEx Fraud and Chase. Also, the case was investigated by Chicago Police Department where EMG was based and to Scotts Valley Police Department where I reside. Two Detectives investigated the case individually; Detective Gauthier. of Scotts Valley PD and Detective Tobin of Chicago PD.
After thorough investigations, both detectives came to the same conclusion, FRAUD case, and EMG was not a legitimate company. Their reports were forwarded to Phoenix Police Department as the convict resides in Phoenix, Arizona and the money was deposited in a Bank-of-America account in Phoenix.
Detective Gauthier has contacted Chase and American Express credit card companies reporting his findings. Chase honored his findings and reversed the $20, 000 charge and all associated fees. On the other hand, AmEx Fraud Operations claimed they did not receive any phone call or findings report from Detective Gauthier. Therefore, Detective Gauthier called Law Enforcement line and faxed his findings report again. AmEx Fraud Operations claimed for the second time they received neither call nor fax from Det. Gauthier. American Express insists I released my account number to a Service Establishment and permitted them to charge my account. I explained repeatedly that EMG is not a legitimate service establishment and I received NO SERVICE quoting Detective Gauthiers findings. They replied his findings are irrelevant to the case. AmEx Staff was rather uncooperative, incompetent and customer-service insensitive.
I am taking my case to Attorney General in California to see what could be done to preserve my excellent credit while defaulting.
More American Express Complaints & Reviews
- American Express - canceled card with no notice 
- American Express - debt collection 
- American Express - interest rate increase 
- Your Centurion Card - fraud 
- American Express - penalty for paying bill early 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - perfect credit/25 year member amex cancelled
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - my card 
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - customer service, zero help! 
- American Express - credit card/ my account was closed without my permission
- American Express Travel Related Services Company - american express - car hire mileage [ref: 180222-004261]