American Business Systems, LLC / They made my investment worthless

I invested $ 19, 900.00 last year to purchase a license to use ABS medical billing software and for their support in helping build the business. I worked for about 8 months trying to build a medical billing business. I did not have luck selling any services. ABS promised to set me 5 appointments so I could get face to face with some doctors but the appointments turned out to be not face to face but just to drop off some information. So I decided to sell my license. I contacted ABS to see if they knew of anyone that wanted to buy and to see how to make it happen. That is when they told me that I could sell the license but whoever purchased it would have to pay another license fee of $ 24, 900.00 to use the software. They made my investment worthless.

Se

Comments

• Ad
      Nov 29, 2011

Hi Servore,

You are certainly welcome to sell your business. If the buyer wanted a new set of training and marketing materials and also attend our live training, there would need to be a license fee added to the purchase price. This is not always the case if you yourself are able to train the buyer. Give us a call if you have any questions: [protected]

Adam Phillips, President
    American Business Systems

• Ka
      Feb 02, 2016

ABS does not promise any appointments. They only promise to support and teach you how. This is not a "get-rich-quick" scheme. You must work.

• Wi
      Mar 04, 2018

I'm needing to sell mine as well but will train them myself

• Kr
      Mar 13, 2018

@Wink71 I'm interested in buying the license. Please provide your contact information.

Apr 18, 2019

@Wink71 Just curious why your selling? How long have you been a licensee? Did you have any success getting a client? I’m considering joining ABS.

May 13, 2019

@kranti2018 kranti2018 - are you still interested in buying a license?

• To
      Mar 18, 2018

I am interested in the license. Please contact

• Wi
      Apr 07, 2018

@totalsigns my email is [protected]@yahoo.com

May 13, 2019

@totalsigns totalsigns - are you still looking to purchase a license? I would entertain selling or entering into a partnership possibly.

Jul 12, 2018

If you have not sold it yet, I may be interested. Please contact me. [protected].

• Su
      Jul 22, 2018

I would like to sell my license but I won’t be able to train. I’m not confident I would be effective at training anyone

• Cw
      Jul 23, 2018

@Suzette Hinds Contact info please?

• Va
      Aug 27, 2018

ABS over promises. It’s a scam.

Apr 18, 2019

@Varusheff Why do you think it’s a scam?

• Va
      Nov 01, 2018

I am an ABS Licensee and have been very successful. I would like to sell my license as I do not need it any further and I will also train you. Please contact me at [protected]. Thank you!

Apr 18, 2019

@Val Bassi I’m considering investing in an ABS license. I have 30 years sales experience, but no med experience. Any advice?
    Thanks very much!

May 13, 2019

@DavidR2525 Hi David - what kind of sales experience do you have? I may be interested in selling, or entering into a partnership.

• Ls
      Dec 13, 2018

ABS does not provide you with anything you can't do on your own with regard to setting up a business or marketing. The services and training the promise you as a licensee are minimal and I was especially unsatisfied with the responses I got from their "help desk". You are not allowed to call the help desk, only e-mail and the "help" I received was a few google searches and non-answers. They will try to tell you that anyone can do this job from anywhere, you don't have to know anything about medical billing! Truth is, most doctors want billers who are experienced and who are physically local to their offices. ABS sells pie-in-sky make-easy-money promises. Waste of money!!

Feb 22, 2019

I want to sell my license. Contact me if you are interested.

• Ub
      Feb 22, 2019

@Sabrina Russell What is you location? Do you have any client base which will roll over to new owner? Email me at [protected]@gmail.com

• 1b
      Jun 19, 2019

I also purchased into the ABS opportunity and have not been successful, I live in Northern Ohio and would consider selling my license if anyone is interested. I can be reached at [protected].

Bonnie