AmbienteDirect.com / do not use

1 Germany Review updated:

On June 22, 2008 I have placed an order for a Fuschia 3 lamp, for a total of Eur 432. According to Ambientedirect website, the lamp was supposed to be delivered within 2 or 3 days.

The item I have received about a month later (not 3 days!) was broken and thus I returned it back to ambientedirect.de and asked to be refund or a replacement.

Ever since, I haven't got any compensation or replacement. I would like to report this problem and alert possible buyers. Ambientedirect is not a good place to buy, do not use their website.

Va

Comments

• Ts
      7th of Apr, 2011

Have ordered a table lamp from them which eas supposed to be delievered within 3 weeks - after not receiving it we contacted the company by e-mail but did not receive any response for another 3 weeks. When we called them to notify them of our intent to cancel the order since they did not deliver it and have no idea when they actually will, they told us we could not cancel since it e was a special order and therefore cannot be cancelled. So here we were - no lamp and no way to cancel !!!
    After a total of 10 weeks the lamp finally arrived.
    I definitely would not do business with this outfit again.

• Mo
      17th of Jun, 2011

I had a similar experience with Ambiente Direct. A table ordered in December was eventually delivered in February - but was damaged. Several months of e-mailing and phone calls failed to produce a replacement and I finally cancelled the order. As I had paid with a credit card, I was able to recover the amount paid. Beware of Ambiente Direct!

5th of Jun, 2012

I can confirm the experience made by Castor. I ordered on May 5th 2012, stools that were labeled as "on stock". However, on June 5th they still had not delivered my order. I tried to contact them by email. No reply. I then started to post comments on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000238466784#!/AmbienteDirect
    ... bingo: after 5 minutes I received an email stating that the stools are NOT on stock. I then immediately cancelled my order and asked for a refund. I'll have to wait and see whether they refund me.
    !! Put these guys under pressure and post on their facebook-page !!

• Si
      5th of Jun, 2012

After waiting for over 4 months to receive an item which listed in stock and was supposed to arrive within three weeks we found that the item ( a lamp which clamps on to a table or shelf) arrived without the clamp. The clamp took another 6 weeks to arrive - during all these weeks no communication was initiated by Ambiente and our e-mails were left unanswered. The only time we received any info was when the lamp and later the clamp were actually sipped and they sent us the tracking number for the packages.
    Stay away from this outfit !!!