Allied Home Warranty / home warranty repairs

1 TX, United States Review updated:

Allied Home Warranty did an excellent job with my A/C repair. their vendor came out the same day (!) and repaired it on the spot. I would have spent over $300 but this repair only cost me the $60 trade call fee.

However, be careful to read your home warranty contract b/c I thought the evap coil cleaning was a covered item and it is only repairs and replacements are covered

Comments

• Me
      18th of Aug, 2012

I got AlliedHome Warranty as part of the closing of the house from the seller. Within 2 months of moving into the house, we had the A/C unit problem. When I called AlliedHome Warranty’s service they sent their technician immediately on my request. The evaporation coil in the A/C was to be fixed due to leakage. The technician provided immediate repair and I got much needed relief from the Texas heat. I just had to pay a small amount from my pocket and the rest was deducted from the insurance for the evaporation coil repair from Allied. With Allied Home Warranty service you will never need any second opinion. Allied Home Warranty is really worth and I would recommend all to go with their warranty plans.

23rd of Sep, 2015

I've never met or heard of anyone who had even an OK experience with Allied Jome Warranty. This is an example of a crime syndicate that rip poor Americans off without using guns. And yet they have an A+ rating on BBB! So, if they rip everyone off, who gives them this high rating? Here's what most people don't know about the BBB. The BBB is a for profit organization. Paid by the businesses registered with them, we often wrongly think that, by reporting the ripoff of companies, the BBB will give them a low rating. They don't. All the business needs to do is reply to your claim. To the BBB, the business has taken care of the issue, and they stay A+. So now you see how a fraudulent group like Allied warranty maintains its A+ rating.

This is how Allied Home Warranty operates. They sell you a premium warranty. They brag how their contract is simple, only one page. They say they cover AC, among others. Then they have a few clauses saying they do not pay for modifications. Great. Most of us don't intend to do any modifications anytime. Problem is, EVERY claim you make will not be properly covered because to Allied, almost every step to replace any part is "modification" They've carved their own definition of the word, and are using it to take your money but refuse to pay for your claims. This was exactly what they did to me and hundreds more. What we can do collectively, added to complaints to appropriate state and Federal government, is spread the word and boycot them.