AllianceOne / Awful company
I started receiving phone calls from someone at Alliance One in 2007. The guy who called said he was calling to collect a debt. I don't recall how the whole thing started, there was an exchange of words. I asked him what his name was, he said it was none of my business. I asked him what debt he was trying to collect, he called me a smartass. So I called him a ###. He then said he would have me arrested.After that I continued to get calls from him. Sometimes he would call and say 'hey ___ how's it going?' As if it were an old friend. It got to the point where I didn't answer my phone. He called when I was at work and early hours on weekends.
I recently checked my credit report, and found that I had an inquiry from Alliance One. I have never given them permission to check my credit status. Not knowing who they were and still don't know what debt they were trying to collect, I decided to search them on the net. I found this site and was shocked that so many people had similar or if not worse expierences with this company. After reading all of the complaints I decided not to contact them to find out why they checked my credit. Instead I will dispute it with Equifax to remove from my credit report.
More AllianceOne Complaints & Reviews
- AllianceOne - Scam and cheating! 
- AllianceOne - Fraud and &intimidation& practices 
- AllianceOne - Rip off 
- AllianceOne - Fraud and cheating 
- AllianceOne - Scam and cheating 
- AllianceOne Receivables Management - Sloppy record keeping and unethical collection practices
- AllianceOne - Violation of Fair Credit Reporting Act
- AllianceOne - where do I begin 
- AllianceOne - Unethical
- AllianceOne - Irritating phone calls