AllianceOne / Awful company

United States, Pennsylvania, Trevose Review updated:
Alliance One Collections
4850 E Street Rd Level 300
Phone: 866-2460340
I started receiving phone calls from someone at Alliance One in 2007. The guy who called said he was calling to collect a debt. I don't recall how the whole thing started, there was an exchange of words. I asked him what his name was, he said it was none of my business. I asked him what debt he was trying to collect, he called me a smartass. So I called him a ###. He then said he would have me arrested.After that I continued to get calls from him. Sometimes he would call and say 'hey ___ how's it going?' As if it were an old friend. It got to the point where I didn't answer my phone. He called when I was at work and early hours on weekends.

I recently checked my credit report, and found that I had an inquiry from Alliance One. I have never given them permission to check my credit status. Not knowing who they were and still don't know what debt they were trying to collect, I decided to search them on the net. I found this site and was shocked that so many people had similar or if not worse expierences with this company. After reading all of the complaints I decided not to contact them to find out why they checked my credit. Instead I will dispute it with Equifax to remove from my credit report.

D  15th of Jun, 2009 by
I started reciving harrassing calls from Allicance, at first I didn't know who it was, someone would call and hang up, it seemed in some strange way if I was home not using my computer or phone, I would recive no calls, as soon as I started using my computer or phone they would start wtih the calls and would just hang up. It took me a little while to realize who had been calling my home before when this started calling a bunch of times and hanging up. One day after the harrassing phone calls a day full of them hanging up call hang up, call hang up when you answer, they would wait five min. call back and it was a recording. I started paying more attention I even contacted the police department about this, I have contacted my phone company, they all give me my options, good ones too. This has gone on for a while now. Today is 6/15/2009 I woke up no calls started using on my computer the calls started, I slipped in before they could hang up, I know your monterting my phone now. It took them just a little longer to hang up this time. a couple mins. passed, I was searching the web to find their name and address, a couple min. passed this time they were leaving some kind of recorded message press this button if your this person. I don't know how they are doing it but they are and its harrassment. I don't know why, they have contacted me via mail one time, its harrassing, I am going to report this behavior to consumer affairs, A. Generals office also the BBB. A person has a right to call, but they do not have a right to call from 8 am until 8 pm every min or hour, no, the law isn't condoning this behavior. Don't believe they are, they are calling your home and hanging up that is Allanice if any one else is experincing this. If any one else has recived a letter from Allaince, and then calls to your home and hanging up its Alliance. Nonetheless, I am disputing what ever it is, they know it and I know it. I am not paying any extra chrages, I am not paying when I brought the account down, they placed charges on my account under their terms strong arming putting my account back to where I paid off maybe even more. I am not paying that, so get used to the idea, Alicance and you better stop calling my home and harrassing me calling and hanging up my phone. I will be contacting the A. Generals office and I will be sending you a letter demanding you to stop harrassing me via phone. I know its you Alicance now. Not a lot of people have my home phone number, no guest, nothing, that is so I can keep up with what I can't see right away. You mother F-er's better stop calling my home hanging up in my face harrassing me, causing me undo stress, calling me with a recorder on the other end leaving instructions on what I should do, press this number if your that person, rub your ### and twist around if your another person, so you can talk to us. There is not law in the books condoning this behavior, no, not one. You will get cussed out f--ing with me causing me undo stress, mental and emotional anguish because your calling my home hanging up in my face. By the way, sense I have been typing this letter, I have recived no calls. This is how I know they are monitering my phone and computer. I had to contact the A. Generals office about them before and will not have a problem doing it again.
A  24th of May, 2011 by
I have been paying AlliannceOne now for 5 months and today I get a letter telling me that I have not made any arrangements to take care of this, when in fact in January I had called and made the arrangements. Now they are suppose to turn my account over to the Special Collection Unit. A person makes an attempt and they don't bother to follow through with their agreement with the individual. This company has some major problems and I have recently found out from a family member in law enforcement that if they do this little investigation then I will be able to get my debt deleted from my report. There is a little more involved than what I have stated as to my debt being deleted, but I have records of all the payments I have been making and also my own recording of the agreement that was made with them on the phone.

AllianceOne Logo AllianceOne