Alliance Bank Malaysia / unethical & breach of pdp act staff

1 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Review updated:

Refering to the information sent anonymously to me that indicate about an unethical behavior of Alliance bank worker who i believed has been processing/keeping the personal data illegally.
As a member of the public, i am disturbed that such a thing happen at a reputable bank. I have on several occasions received phone calls from strangers inquiring whether i needed monetary assistance which i believe most Malaysia folks facing this nuisance in their daily life. I always wondered how these people obtained my personal data.Which by now i can somehow aware how the public information can be so easily leaked out due to bunch of unethical individual that does not take the laws seriously.
From the information leaked with my observation, i strongly believe that this individual retain all the private information sent by customer in the mailbox and some as old as year 2015/2016.
I believe that the leak info that i receive i just part of the nonsense and i strongly believe there is more which neither me nor the public is aware.
In conclusion, I feel that there is an urgent need to treat this matter seriously.
I have since then, urged the respective bank that an immediate investigation against the individual to carry out and put a stop to this malpractice and let the culprit who breach the laws to face the full force of the law.
However after a disappointing attempt, there is no update nor action taken against the said person so far which is why i have no choice but to seek for public justice through social media.

• Updated by RodricT, Oct 10, 2018

I refer to the information sent anonymously to me which indicate about an unethical behavior of a your bank worker who i believed has been processing/keeping the personal data illegally.
    As a member of the public, i am disturbed that such a thing can happen at a reputable bank. I have on several occasions received phone calls from strangers inquiring whether i needed monetary assistance to repay my loans or asking me for donations. I always wondered how these rascal obtained my personal data.Which by now i can somehow aware how the public information can be so easily leaked out due to bunch of unethical individual that does not take the laws seriously.
    From the information leaked, i strongly believe that this individual retain all the private data sent by customer in the mailbox and some as old as year 2015/2016.
    With this i feel that this person already breached "Retention Policy" of PDPA Malaysia act.
    I strongly feel that there is an urgent need to treat this matter seriously. I urged that an immediate investigation against the individual and wish your authorities will put a stop to this malpractice and let the culprit who breach the laws to face the full force of the law.

• Updated by RodricT, Nov 26, 2018

@Hong Leong Bank so i would like to ask and know as well... since when the "alliance" formed between you and Alliance bank that personal data is being shared in between? This is so unethical and no wonder there is so many unsolicited calls from both your bank and your best "alliance" to the innocent public who got bugged... Since your alliance does not really do anything..what about you then?

Ro
Oct 11, 2018

Comments

• Al
      11th of Oct, 2018

Hi Rodric, we are concerned to hear about this and we view this feedback very seriously. We would like to investigate this further and would very much appreciate if you could share your contact details with us via our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/alliancebankmalaysia
    Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Ro
      17th of Oct, 2018

@AllianceBank Your side is forever investigating, i've shared the detail to you all and all u all asking is contact contact and contact.
    Put your feet to the earth and start looking into this.