Alibris.com

Posted:

Do not order from this company!

3.35
I ordered a textbook through Alibris from a seller named "Payless" and I paid extra for express shipping. I received a message telling me that my order was shipped on September 25th. It is now October 16 and I have not received the textbook. I inquired with Alibris into the status of my order, and in return I received a "form letter" telling me that their policy allows 30 days for orders to be received. I had a number of other questions about the status of my order and the questions were not addressed.

FURTHER... Alibris doesn't have customer service reps that you can actually talk to over the phone. For all I know, the entire company is a big fraud syndicate much like the Alibris seller named "Payless."

I'm not going to bother dealing further with this company. I'm going to simply dispute the charges on my credit card and order my book from another vendor. I did a google search on Alibris and the complaints are numerous.

Mike,
Cincinnati, Ohio
Complaint comments Comments (3) Complaint country United States Complaint category Books

Comments

A  8th of Feb, 2007 by    0 Votes
I have ordered three items: How to Draw Manga Compiling Application and Practice, Vol. 3, How to Draw Manga Volume 4: Casual Wear (How to Draw Manga) and How to Draw Manga: Bodies & Anatomy to bring a grand total of US$54.57. This order was placed on 9/30/06.

According to their help files, Canadian orders can take 2 months to ship. That time has already elapsed and nothing has come to me. All attempts to contact the business have not resulted in any response. I tried to contact them on the 9th of November 2006 and the 29th of January 2007. So far, it has proven impossible.
N  22nd of Feb, 2007 by    0 Votes
BEWARE, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
This company is worse than A FRAUD, they advertised 2-day shipping on Books . We ordered books for my daughters college (and on pushing the confirmation button, it only then tells you how long the books will take...!!!), they arrived almost 3-weeks after requesting . This was too late for the classes she was enrolled into. We are now trying to get a refund on the books, but i am less than optimistic to the returns department responding or refunding us.
A  20th of Mar, 2007 by    0 Votes
Alibris is a FRAUD! They are just out to make a quick buck. I ordered a book for one of my university classes just before the class started and more than a month later (and after many emails to the seller in which he insisted the book had been shipped out the day it was ordered) the book finally arrived, only to be the WRONG book!! In Canada you have 60 days from the date the book was shipped to have it returned to them for a refund. It turns out from the shipping label on the packaging that the seller LIED when he said it was shipped out the day I ordered it. The shipping date signed on the label was more than a WEEK after I ordered it which is probably one reason it took so long to get here. Anyhow he is sticking to his story about it being shipped out on the 12th of the month (when it was actually shipped on the 19th) but this affected my 60 day return limit. It's been over a month since I shipped it back to him (Paying extra shipping to have it priority shipped too) and he is insisting he hasn't received it yet!! I DO NOT believe that. I know it was received and they are not going to refund me. I am out about $75 in total now for a $30 book (because of shipping costs both ways and customs) and they are out absolutely nothing. I CANNOT reach alibris customer service either, all I get are AUTOMATED response emails. They will not send an actual email to you. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM ALIBRIS AGAIN.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree