Alberta Medical Reception College Lmtd.

Posted:

Poor teaching skills

3.05
Alberta Medical Reception College Lmtd.
Downtown
Calgary, Alberta
Canada
www.albertamedicalreception.com
The course is a 7 weeks for a Medical Receptionist. The instructor's capability and knowledge is out of date to what is happening in the medical field.A very argumentative and condescending instructor is what we got in our class. Just a note, she will try to make you do your practicum to one of her Doctor friend and will try to get you a job there for less money. I think she gets a cut on that. I would never recommend this program to anyone. I should have gone to SAINT.

For all you students out there who experience the same thing... join my blog. I don't know where to complain.
Complaint comments Comments (46) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Job & Career
More Alberta Medical Reception College Lmtd. Complaints & Reviews
Medical Reception College Ltd - School
Medical Reception College Ltd - Jhina

Comments

A  28th of Jul, 2008 by    -1 Votes
Im in the same situation. I finished medical reception collage last year which was on good job market and I still couldn't find a job in the same field. The employers didn't recognize the school that I went to, most of them didn't know if that college really exsited. The employers couldn't believe such a college existed with a duration of six weeks. The worst thing of all is that the tuition fee was payed by cash, and i couldn't claim that school for tax prupose.
We had practicum for 1 week in different clinics that were so misereble.
School is big SCAM,
Overall I completly agree with you.
Please keep in touch with me.
I would like to find out what government institution where we can complain about SCAM school.
A  15th of Sep, 2009 by    +1 Votes
I totally agree with you. I have been waiting around for 4 weeks to do my third session test and the instructor I have Jina. Is a total ###. She has been on vacation for 4 weeks and has told me I have to suck it up and I cannot have another instructor to do the inclass and the test with I have to wait for her to come. Bull ###. There are no other instuctors to do this with me. What a crappy school. I cannot event ype everything that is wrong with the school. The lecture online. What the ### is she saying half the time. Ugggghhhh I am so mad. I have already put 1200.00 dollars into the school and I feel the material so far is not worth 1200.00. What can we do. We are being screwed. I went as far as calling the better bussiness burueau and there is nothing they can do. Nice system we have in place there to.
N  4th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
I though I might consider this course. I gather from your complaint that you do not know how to spell or to phrase a sentence. Could that have been your problem? I will try to find out more about this college myself not through your blob
N  4th of Oct, 2009 by    0 Votes
blob was on purpose!!!
D  1st of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
This course was fantastic and really imformative, the course outline was amazing! Once my six weeks was over I found a job right away. My instructor was Jina and she was terrific, very supportive and understanding. She was the main reason I passed my course. The girls on here complaining must be severly dislexic, this course was super fast and fun the six weeks just flew by and I met alot of great people while I was there. I would recommend this course to anyone, it really helped me out of a rut. Ohh...and by the way I love my new job that they helped me get.

Samantha Myers
N  2nd of Feb, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I loved the coarse so eazy to understand everything thanks to Gina she's awsome.Oh and by the way the practicum was the funnest part i got all the hands on exsperiance to start myself in an M, A'S field .I would like to say i think these women never pasesed the coarse due to thier lack of spelling .lol I would recomend this coarse first to anyone wanting to learn more more about the the M A field. GINA is great she is so down to earth .Me and my class alum love her .Like all the people that took this class serious would say the same .
N  25th of Feb, 2010 by    -2 Votes
I fully agree that this school isn't a real school. I fortunalty got a fantastic job at the hospital but it was no thanks to this so called school. Nobody that I had interviewed for had ever heard of this school and I believe that I lost a lot of potential employers because of it. I also agree that Jina did not know what she was talking about and there was a lot of false information given in the course-including terminology. As well I was never given the proper income tax documentation and now this is causing a problem for me and Jina is unwilling to give me the information I need. (luckily the CRA has been really understanding and I've filed a complaint against the school with them for income tax reasons). For the people that said I didn't like the course because I failed ect... I actually got like a 97 or 98% in it because it was full of useless crap information.
D  29th of Jun, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I just completed the program at the downtown campus and I am now working full time, I made alot of great friends at the school and I'm happy I took the program. It's good to know I now have the skills needed to work in the medical receptionist field although Jina was a very strict teacher and sometimes makes us study a lot!!! Thanks to that hard work mentality she helped me achieve my goals.
N  23rd of Jul, 2011 by    -1 Votes
I never knew this school existed i took the program it was so easy and i learned so much in only 12 weeks now I have a great career and the best part is I'm making great money.
D  23rd of Jul, 2011 by    -1 Votes
this school is great i got my diploma in only 12 weeks and now I'm working in a respected field. Thanks medical reception college for changing my life.
N  21st of Jun, 2012 by    -1 Votes
I recently applied to this medical receptionist college in downtown. for those who got thier job, could you please tell me more about it.and also how much do you guys get paid? and did you get your job right away?
N  21st of Jun, 2012 by    -1 Votes
I`m currently taking this course and I have to say that I both agree and disagree with the comments posted. I had Gina for the first week of terminology and I found her teaching techniques very easy to understand. And the regular instructor of the Terminology part of the program Norma is a wonderful instructor and is a registered nurse and has been for well over 25 years, she makes learning the large list of 250 terminology definitions and 150 medical abbreviations easy and simple she has great techniques of breaking up the words so that they are easily understood and defined. Although the morning instructor that teaches the administrative part of the program is very hard to deal with, her name is Renea and she has a hard time admitting when she has made a mistake and does not deal well with being questioned on her teaching ability and is very hard to take seriously at the best of times. Also she has a issue with new updated material being presented to her. Other then that I can not complain about the program, I`m in my 4th week and will be on my 2nd practicum tomorrow and I love the placement of my practicums and have also met a great group of women in the class. So I guess for some the experience was an awful one and for others it was a profitable one. Everyone learns differently and I would suggest to anyone thinking about taking this course to go down and meet with the staff ie). instructors and then see for yourself whether this would be something you can gain from or not.

Chantel
N  23rd of Aug, 2012 by    -2 Votes
Hi, i am french and i would like to know if i should go to That school or to these other.
Sait college, and bow valley college, they both give thé same medical course but i am new and i dont realy know much about all tree school. Thank you ...
N  28th of Aug, 2012 by    -2 Votes
Please people do not go here!! If you would like to get screwed like I did then by all means go!!! Had nothing but a extremely bad experience!!
N  28th of May, 2013 by    0 Votes
I am sorry but I am going to comment on this blog usually when people complain about a course or a job it means that you were not reliable enough to be at this course or job at this moment and time and you are mad that your shenanigans was not being dealt with...I know this from "immature" experience and I have gone to this school and met with students AND others in the process...You do not know how things will turn out unless you are actually serious about the situation...Just saying :)

Also!! The school is 12 weeks not for 7 and IF other people did not recognize the school why would they have practicum?? If a medical reception job did not let that school do any PRACTICUM they would not let that school even exist!! I had gone in last week and the woman I had spoken with had only wanted serious inquiries since others had not been serious about that course before which makes totally sense.

Every place has rules and regulations and sometimes if you seem interested at the time it does not mean you will be interested afterwards?? Get what I am saying here?? Not insulting you by any means but this post was put on awhile back I assume you are more responsible and reliable by now since it is 2013. I am very neutral to this situation due to the year of response. Hopefully you have found what you have been looking for my dear :)
N  28th of Mar, 2014 by    -4 Votes
I WENT TO A JOB INTERVIEW FOR THIS PLACE IN VANCOUVER AND A MIDDLE EASTERN WOMEN INTERVIEWED ME AND SEEMED UNPROFESSIONAL AND ODD. SHE INTERVIEWED LIKE 20 PEOPLE AND SAID WILL CALL EACH OF US BACK TO LET US KNOW EITHER WAY WHETHER WE GOT THE JOB AND STILL NO CALL. THIS PLACE SEEMS LIKE A SCAM. THE "TRAINING" WOULD TAKE PLACE ON SKYPE AND THE PAY IS BASED ON COMMISSION FOR HOW MANY STUDENTS ARE RECRUITED.
BE CAREFUL WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS SCHOOL. THE FACT THAT NO ONE HAS HEARD OF IT SAYS SOMETHING ABOUT THE COMPANY.
N  2nd of Jan, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@pammy123456789 I, too went for an interview ... in Calgary. Jina is unprofessional and downright mean. The ads for admins and teachers go out with so many spelling mistakes it makes me want to cry. She doesn't know the difference between course, or coarse. I lasted 2.5 hours there.
N  14th of Mar, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Likeworkingforaterrorist I just withdrew from the program, because I found the course content to be a lot of irrelevant topics towards the course. Jina was very rude when I was withdrawing. I lasted about a day and a half. There were 4 of us girls from the same class that found out the course was a complete scam. We have spoken to BVC and they told us that no one will recognize this school as a proper course nor a proper certificate. A lot of people on here are saying the school was great and the others that hated are basically illiterate. I'm pretty sure I'm not illiterate, nor are those 4 girls. We all wanted a career change and Jina is definitely not offering one. I honestly think she mostly recruits the non English speaking students because they won't dig deeper into this 'college'. I'm also not sure if I'm the only one but I found the registration guy was really creepy and gross. Also told me that my mom was being abusive for not giving up her tax information for my student loan. He also wouldn't even let me fill out my own student loan application which is illegal. I've called Alberta Higher Education, Better Business Bureau, and Student Aid Alberta; to see what they can do to help us girls. This "school" should be shut down for providing fraudulent information and running a fraudulent business.

Thanks,
Nicole
N  20th of Apr, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@nikkimacs1 i totally agree with you nicole ..
N  4th of Aug, 2014 by    -1 Votes
I currently reside in Calgary and I am contemplating enrollment in the Medical Reception College. My concern is this; I have been perusing the job market and there seems to be a shortage of jobs in Calgary. How then can this college guarantee employment after graduation? Also, a friend of mine completed the same course at CDI College in 2012 and she is yet to find employment in the field! Does anyone know if the promise of employment post graduation is real???
N  4th of Nov, 2014 by    -2 Votes
I am currently enrolled in this program, I am scared! Looks like they have been having problems for a long time! Has anyone tried to do anything about this?
N  5th of Nov, 2014 by    -2 Votes
I went down for a meeting yesterday planning on registering this thursday but now im skeptical ?
A friend of mine also had taken the course at CDI and has not found a job yet and with this course being so short im wondering if it has any credibility when looking for a job :/ not looking to waste my money for nothing when i could be patient and start at sait next september
D  8th of Nov, 2014 by    -2 Votes
Hello im listening to all your comments
I went to medical reception college i graduated and get a job witch change my life earn the salary witch never in my life i taught will earn this money
Thank you for medical reception college for all their help
Instead you complain start look at yourself and improve your self instead blaming the school for your failure
N  2nd of Jan, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@edna luis Do you know the difference between "which" and "witch"? Your written communication skills are a joke!

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree

Medical Reception College Ltd Logo Medical Reception College Ltd
Customer Care Service
Ford Tower Suite #410 633-6 Ave Sw, Downtown Calgaryy 1/2 Block From C-Train Station
Calgary