AJ Madison / Buyer Beware

1 4901 2nd AvenueUnited States Review updated:
Phone: 800-570-3355

Ordered an LG Washer and Dryer on November 16th because they were not available locally. They didn't arrive until December 8th. The delivery person insisted we sign for them without allowing us to open the cartons to check for damages. Once the cartons were opened, we discovered the entire right side of the dryer was dented in. The dryer drum rubs the side when running. I called customer service immediately and they wanted pictures. I sent 10 pictures via email and have not heard back since which is more than 48 hours so far. I called again after 24 hours and was told the person I needed to speak to was already gone for the day (at 1 pm) by a very rude person. When I complained this person bragged to me about their BBB rating. UGH!!! I finally gave up and called LG. They have arranged for a repairman to come out right away. I will NOT do business with AJ Madison again. I wish I would have searched for complaints prior to making this purchase from them.

Comments

• 6g
      26th of Dec, 2010

I wanted to update that the dryer drum noise was repaired at no charge thanks to LG within a couple of days of calling them. The dents will remain forever. After I made several follow-up phone calls and emails to AJ Madison, I received a 40% refund on the cost of the dryer 22 days after it arrived damaged. If you decide to do business with AJ Madison or already have and have a problem, continue to call and email their customer service department. It takes some time, but they seem to eventually come thru.