Airtel Gprs / airtel gprs disconnects after every 3-4 minutes of connection

1 India Review updated:

I've been using Airtel GPRS for almost an year. Things were working fine and I was happy with the service. But since the last 2 months Airtel GPRS disconnects automatically after 3-4 mins of being connected. I spoke to Airtel Customer Care and after making almost 10 calls they could give me the exact cause - that Kalyan-Dombivili are weak cell sites and so GPRS has connectivity issues in these areas. I spoke to a senior exec - Vandana in the GPRS helpdesk and she said there is no ETA for this.

Airtel stands to lose its huge customer base if the response is so unclear.

Pr

Comments

• Vi
      21st of Jun, 2007
    Airtel GPRS - NOT able to use GPRS any time!
    Airtel GPRS
    India

I was activated Mobile office on 17.06.07.I was received a sms on 18.06.07 that"your gprs service is activated"But now today is 21.06.06 but i am not able to use gprs any time.I was complaint Customer care via email, Phone, Sms, but problem is not solved.

My setting and handset is okay. So please tell me anyone why i have been facing this problem...

12th of Jul, 2007

For the airtel live service they said they will not charge for browsing unless the customer downloads any thing. But for browsing itself also they r charging.

• Kr
      28th of Aug, 2007

Now also i am subscribed to gprs mobile office. But not loose of my amount. The service is don't rectified. I am also very tired to talk to call center. And local pransie shoppes.

• Pa
      4th of Sep, 2007

I am facing problem with my Internet explorer and firefox although GPRS connection is OK still pages are not displayed but when i install new window it works properly for some time and after that it rises with same problem and it need again installation of new window please someone help me . Why this is happening ??

• Av
      19th of Aug, 2008

data in not avilable

• Ri
      23rd of Aug, 2008

I've been using Airtel GPRS for almost 2months . Things were working fine and I was happy with the service. But since the last 6days Airtel GPRS disconnects automatically after 3-4 mins of being connected. I spoke to Airtel Customer Care and after making almost 10 calls they could give no responce

• Ad
      2nd of Sep, 2008

Finally...

I have same problem of disconnecting gprs after 3-5 minutes..
    For solving this problem only send any quarry or any problem by sms to 121(customer care) this toll free number (only for airtel)...
    Next day problem is solved...

I am not sure, but on my mobile this works..

• Sh
      12th of Sep, 2008

I've been using Airtel GPRS for almost an year. Things were working fine and I was happy with the service. But since the last one weak Airtel GPRS disconnects automatically after 3-4 mins of being connected. I spoke to Airtel Customer Care several times, but they can't give any for correction of the error.

If any can troubleshoot the error plz send the information in this address yuko_ogura@rediffmail.com

• Ra
      14th of Nov, 2008

I've been using Airtel GPRS. But the Airtel GPRS disconnects automatically after 3-4 mins of being connected.
    i have china CEAT A666 mobile . Im using IVT bluetooth for conection.
    If any can troubleshoot the error plz send the information in this address budaniyaravi@gmail.com

• Sh
      5th of Sep, 2009

Tell me ur GPRS is wrkng in ur handset?

• Pa
      9th of Feb, 2010

I have the same problem. I am using Nokia 6300 and Rs.98 monthly gprs pack. I visited one of the Kolkata's airtel office(as suggested by customer care executive), they said to me that I don't have the proper settings in my mobile, but I got the setting from airtel customer care and its worked fine for more than half a month. They gave me new settings, but still I am facing the problem. I am using airtel constantly for more than 3 yrs now, I trusted and like the brand very much, but the things happening with my airtel connection now-a-days, really hurts me. Airtel don't care their customers (present situation). If it is other country they will surely face a public lawsuit, but in India they get their escape path, I hope they can't do it for long.

24th of Aug, 2010
    Airtel GPRS - gprs settings not supporting
    India

dear sir, i am using lg cookie plus mobile, which is a social networking mobile.but its gprs seetings is not awailable with airtel.i hav called to airtel customercare can tried to solve the problem.but fails.they are trying to saying somthing and trying to avoid my calls.wat will i do?can u please help me?reply

• Vi
      8th of Dec, 2010
    Airtel GPRS - Third class service from airtel
    AIRTEL INDIA
    India

I have activated Airtel GPRS (98 Rs 2GB Plan) on 4th Dec 2010 but I am not able to browse internet.
    After connecting it showing working without error

So many time I called to Airtel customer care but it didn t respond well.

• Ti
      1st of Mar, 2011

I'm using Nokia 6680 connected to pc via blue-tooth..im facing the same problem(disconnects every 3-5mins)what i discovered though was that the problem occurs only when u are using internet when data is extensive..like you-tube for example.i think it has to do with bandwidth.there should be some kind of a software that controls the bandwidth..I also saw that if you are downloading files using download accelerators, it will disconnect.. However i also suspects some errors in the settings somewhere.Im not sure. The phone as a modem does not control the flow of data as a real modem would do.

• Ki
      11th of Apr, 2011

Dear All,
    I'm using APPLE iPhone 3GS its happens even with my device too. But not quite very often as said ie 3-4 mins but in my case the disconnection happens every 45 mins to 1hr. Initially I felt the problem due to the weak cell tower at my place in Bangalore but recently I've noticed the same issue in T.Nagar, Madras and Kachiguda, Hyderabad. The places I have quoted here are PRIME locations in these cities. So, there shouldn't be any kind of connectivity issues or weak towers. I think this is purposely done by AIRTEL itself to avoid heavy or lengthy downloads and control the bandwidth...! :( I suggest everyone to go for AIRCEL. The connection is very stable and soon its expanding its 3G in every city. I'm able to download movies on AIRCEL connection. The speed is on average 30Kbps and some times >40Kbps. Highly recommended...! :)

@ Partha Chowdhury
    Yup if we were in any other country other than INDIA we could have sued AIRTEL for this

• Bi
      15th of Apr, 2011

Dear sir,

Dut to the third class service provided by airtel I have just appied for number portability.Instead of repeatedly telling your customer care about balance deduction from last three months there is no action taken . and balance deduction is continously done by airtel in the name of games, model wap and all that type of stuff. And the response from your customer care is that you have clicked on the link and thats why your balance has been deducted. and we will not give th refund.

Ok but as soon as i have registered for MNP There is a call from your customer that they are ready to give refund.and after giving refund the same procedure is repeated.And the people which u have appointed as a customer care behaves like they are superiorand disconnects the phone.they doesnt care whether the customer will go or not.

if you think by doing advertisement with film stars company business will grow then your are wrong .First improve your service and then only you can go ahead.