Aircel / disconnection

1 India Review updated:

I have taken an aircel connection in india after submitting the passport for proof of address, as i travel around the world, i have given my phone to my parents. Now aircel has disconnected the phone. The prepaid connection has 5 year validity. There is no proper response from the company when i try to get the details form them.

Sa

Comments

• As
      4th of May, 2008

I am Ashok from gandhipuram, coimbatore. My Aircel Mobile Number is 9976595970. Please Disconnect my Aircel Activation service temporarly.

• Ku
      18th of Jun, 2008

hai this is kumar my aircel no is 9710636221, i have a problem with u r service, outgoing is cut from my mobile i don't know what happen, even customer care no also not working from my mobile.
    please salve my problem immideatly.

• Su
      10th of Jul, 2009

I fully agree with you. I also faced the same problem. My AIRCEL phone was activated after I gave all necessary documents. After 4 days, it got disconnected and when I inquired the reason, they told me that their courier has lost the documents and head office has disconnected the no.
    But, they told me that it will be activated in 1 hour. I waited for another 2 days but nothing happenned.
    Now, I have already thrown the sim card and switched over to Vodafone, which is better in all ways than Aircel.

14th of Jul, 2009

Hmmm… its strange how I have never faced such a problem with Aircel, maybe it was genuinely not their fault and they can’t just activate your card without the necessary documents.. soo… anyhow. . each to its own. J
    Try to get in touch with customer care or nodal officers… Check this: http://aircel.com/FooterLinks/customer_care.asp
    Or just visit the aircel website and you would know which nodal officer to get in touch with depending on your circle.

• Sv
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I have tried my best to contact the relevant persons. All have the same answer that they are sorry and the services will be activated soon. Now, over one month has passed and not a single courtesy call I have received from them explaining the reason of disconnection. They dont even bother to reply to the complaints sent on their email id.
    My experience with this company has been worse.
    Whenever I used to visit their office for lodging complaints, I always used to see many complainants with similar complaints.
    I cannot compare aircel with airtel or vodafone. These two companies are much much better than aircel in terms of customer service.
    AIRCEL IS HOPELESS.

12th of Aug, 2009

Have you written in to the Nodal officer in your area yet, it worked for me in escalating my complaint faster. So.. I guess you could try tht.. just go to the aircel website and try and find the right e-mail address according to your circle.. send in n e-mail with the required information and im sure they will respond.. I had mine taken care of behind the computer… so it was the most convenient way …