AGS International Movers / moving company asking more

Nice, France, France Review updated:

Hi, my name is Anna Maria Bombardieri. I was living in France, Nice, and moved to the USA, St Louis, Missouri.
I have asked a quote to AGS, a lady, Isabelle Hua, came home, evaluated my goods and made me an offer that I accepted for 1.700 euros including 10 boxes to be sent by air + one yoga plywood system. no weight limit required. They did not weight my goods when they came home. I moved here in September 17 and got in touch with them as soon as I got my apt, last week September 21st with my new address telling them they can send my things. I haven't heard from them despite emails calls to the office, on the mobile phone of the lady, nothing….
After getting mad finally the lady answer and told there is a problem because when they called the flying company they said things weight more than expected and there is a 900 euros more to pay to send my yoga system which is heavy. I don't know how to solve this. I accepted and signed for 1700 included the yoga system, it was about 1450 for the boxes and then they have added a box specific for that that they estimated at 250 euros and now they are asking for more, delaying my whole shipment….a real mess. How do I solve this. The company should have an insurance to cover for their own mistake not ask the client for more money and in one week I am trying to get in touch with them, for 3 days they have been hidden the problem with me and in one week they have not even find a solution. I write to the international company because getting French are very difficult to get in touch with, they do not answer, they hide things from clients, I am very worried about my goods. Can you please do something to help me or suggest me whom do I talk to? Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter. Best regards.

• Updated by Anna Maria Bombardieri, Sep 28, 2018

the moving company is asking more money than the one reported on the contract I signed

An
Sep 28, 2018

Comments

• Ke
      26th of Mar, 2019

Anna Maria, did you get a result or is this website as useful as AGS?