Aflac / denied accident claim

1 Mansfield, TX, United States

I have paid for accident insurance for years with AFLAC. On a Friday, I fell hard coming off of my front step, falling into concrete yard stones, and had a burst fracture in my spine. The doctor said I needed surgery and they put screws and a cage around 3 vertabra with a hook for support. On the day of my accident, when I fell I laid in the yard screaming uncontrollably. I was in excrutiating pain. My husband called an ambulance which took me to the emergency room, and I had surgery a couple days later. Aflac is now denying my claim stating it was not caused by an accident, but rather an illness. I fell, fractured my vertabra in my spine. I have previously had no illness, no broken bones, and when I fell, I literally felt the horrible pain of my fracture, and I knew what had happened. In one of the tests, my bones were found to be a little soft, not osteoporosis, and not severely, and it has never culminated in any bones breaking, and I have fallen, been in car accident, I skate, jump on trampolines, ride thrill rides, but because one comment on a test, AFLAC jumped on a band wagon stating it was not caused by an accident. I wish they could feel what it is like to fall and fracture a vertabra when they impact with garden stones on the ground bending spine so hard, and waiting in pain for an ambulance. I fell hard, and it was an accident. If not for this accident, I would not have a fractured spine. I don't know what to do. They give you no information whatsoever, just a denial letter. So frustrating. Be wary about paying for accident insurance that does not pay, when you have a terrible accident!

La