Affordable Movers / dishonest and unprofessional

We hired Affordable Movers BC to help us with a short move in Vancouver. Following the move we discovered that a file folder containing bank records, a credit card and $300 in cash had been stolen. When confronted the company owner Paul Lekhraj was very unprofessional, inconsiderate, rude and unwilling to help, the case is currently part of a police and credit card fraud investigation.

There have been several complaints lodged against this company and Paul himself regarding similar behavior, one is as follows on:

May 24, 2010 - Paul Lekhraj's answer to why he doesn't pay his employees and retain long-term staff: "If I don't pay you it won't affect your lifestyle anyway"

My advise would be to avoid this company at all costs, you WILL be ripped off and/or stoelen from, save yourself a lot of time, hassle and grief and go with a reputable moving company.

More Affordable Movers Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mo
      Jul 03, 2013

just wanna comment on this one that its really well written and I enjoyed reading this

• Af
      Jul 25, 2013

This person is definitely has no merit for making such a statement and is probably a racist. We have been in business for over 10 years and hold many government contracts. It's no wonder why they remain anonymous.

• Mi
      Jul 13, 2014

We hired this company to move our piano . He claimed to be a professional piano movers . After the delivery we discovered there are lots of damages to the piano case one of pedals is broken. He is also very dishonest.Do Not deal
    With this guy.

• Am
      Jan 17, 2015

I called this company, affordablemoversbc, as I had a suspicion that it is affiliated in some way with www.affordablemoverskelowna.ca, this company having been used by my family in kelowna with disastrous results. the guy "paul" who answered the phone was rude and indifferent and told me that he was a "spiritual person" who didnt want any negativity in his life. he said he was with clients on another call the first time I called, and then he had clients with him the second time..., then he put the phone down on me. I believe that this company is possibly the same company as affordable movers in kelowna, just doing business under a similar, but different name. I now believe that both these "businesses" should be avoided at all costs. my family reported affordable movers kelowna to the better business bureau but he did not respond to the complaint after being requested to do so, twice. this business was recommended by big steel box whom I had believed was a reputable business but am now also dubious about them too as a result of them clearly not checking moving companies out thoroughly before recommending them. the business has an address in kelowna that I believe is a "front" as there is no moving company at all on the road this business claims to be their address. I have photographs of the damage this business caused to a lot of my stuff. their website claims that they are 2 brothers who are in business as a result of what they claimed they witnessed when working for other moving companies and decided to open their own business and provide superiior service. check the website out www.affordablemoverskelowna.ca what a joke! this business will apparently be posted on the bbb's webside for public viewing but it could take several months it is vital that these so called moving companies are exposed asap. they may be working together or they may be operating separately but either way, both businesses should be avoided at all costs. they also damaged by former house. there is absolutely no professionalism or honesty with this lot.

• Pw
      Feb 02, 2015

Prakash (Paul) Lekhraj has dozens of court appearences for civil, criminal, and traffic violations. Drug dealing, assault with a weapon, threats to kill, traffic accidents, lawsuits, insunce fraud.
    These can be viewed on "Court Services Online".
    He has an "F" rating at the BBB.
    He has a many online complaints. Google him or P.L. Affordable Movers.

• Ba
      Apr 29, 2015

Several months ago I hired this company to move my belongings.
    During the move I overheard the swamper tell the driver that, "Before it's realized that it's missing, I'll be long gone." Due to the fact that I became very ill right after, it was two months before I was able to go through my packed boxes.
    Sure enough, my coin and bill collection and two bronzes were discovered to be missing. As well, the driver damaged two small items, but merely ignored me when I complained. The RCMP told me that because of the time lapse no investigation would be made.
    I can only urge anyone thinking of using this outfit to think twice before hiring them.

@bandits Rate him on yelp

• Ra
      Nov 08, 2016

Sure wish I had seen this before I hired this company to move my belongs into storage, friday nov/04/2016 I hired paul to move my already packed sitting in the driveway belongings into a storage unit... he charged me $350 plus tax for 3 hrs with 2 men plus travel time the final cost was $415 he insisted on cash as he was just about to send his crew home..4 men in a little car showed up to my residence.. I asked where the truck was on its way was the answer... so having called the office I was given the number of the guys who did the labor, I met them at the storage unit showed them where it was located gave them the lock and asked them to put my plants near the front so I could have easy access the following day. I received a phone call at 5 pm telling me it was all done. I arrived at my storage unit the following... to pick up my plants... for starters I could not open the roll up door.. I had to push my foot on one of the boxes that was blocking the door... I was shocked with what I saw... my belongs had been shoved in with no care or thought.. it looked like a bunch of apes had done the job... lite boxes marked fragile were on the bottom my bike was on the top and in moving a few boxes around to let the door close, I found some of broken items... I received a phone call shortly after... saying that hf my belongs were still in my driveway... I called paul to ask why... only to be asked why I was bothering him, he was rude. and foul mouthed he hung up and I never could get through again, there is no ethical practice here, with all the complaints I have to wonder why he is able to continue to get a licence and scam more people... he needs to be stopped!!!

• As
      Dec 19, 2016

Please stay away from him and his business. his new number is [protected]. really surprised and shocked no government agency taking action against him and till date he is continuing doing unethical, unprofessional business practice. he has not match canadian standard and no value of canadian social system. I won't be able to explain his behaviour in words. that's my mistake I did not check reviews before hiring him. he talks like a normal person when you call first and then once you hire his greediness, shameless behaviour and ego words should put him behind bars for lifetime, because he is so much tension for innocent people.
    if you want to live peacefully stay away from this senseless, useless stupid. he is devil in human body.

• St
      Apr 04, 2017

Anyone that has had problems with Affordable Movers and or Paul or his staff please contact me via email and lets stop this business from taking anyone else! In numbers we are stronger and louder
    Please email to [protected]@yahoo.com

Nov 27, 2017

@stop injustice The email account isnt valid

Jul 02, 2017

We are currently being held hostage by this [censor]! He has 2 households full of our stuff in his possession and will not release anything without a huge extortion amount being paid!!! We have police involved but they aren't much help. Any ideas from any victims out there would greatly be appreciated!!

Nov 24, 2017

@user1690169 we ended up finding out where he was hiding our stuff through the RCMP. They had to escort us and we had to pay this [censor] $6000 cash to get our stuff back. We had CKNW involved as well. The RCMP said it was a "civil matter". This guy is a complete [censor]!!! We also found out his truck, that was carrying all our belongings had a 1 day "unloaded" permit on it and he was supposed to bring it up to Kelowna!! We reported him to ICBC but nothing has happened. I hope he rots in hell!

Nov 27, 2017

@user1690169 Check your messages

Dec 04, 2017

@user1690169 Inbox me. I can help

Nov 24, 2017

Paul (prakash) Lekhraj is a pedophile. He has been charged with pimping out a minor! Creep!

Nov 24, 2017

@Anthonyshiau Seriously??? This would not surprise me at all!! How did you find that out?

Nov 25, 2017

@user1690169 You can see his criminal record online.

Nov 25, 2017

@user1690169 He was charged with pimping out a minor. He also brags he sleeps with "very young girls".

Nov 24, 2017

Paul Lekhraj is 50 years old but pretends to be 30. Its pathetic!

Nov 24, 2017

Affordable movers is not even bbb accredited but paul claims it is. Please submit any claims to the bbb. Paul is an absolute fraud!

Nov 24, 2017

Please rate affordable movers bc on yelp. It would help people avoid this scam business.

Nov 24, 2017

Rate his business on yelp 😉

Jan 03, 2018

If anyone has any additional information, please inbox me. Anyone who hasn't been paid by paul can make a report. Anyone who has been scammed can submit additional information so his business can be shut down. If paul has been giving out business cards with the bbb logo on it please forward that to the better business bureau so paul/prakash can be fined.

• Ka
      Jun 19, 2018

I had no way of finding this information out about him until I was ripped off and saw the full name on his pathetic excuse of a contract today...He's so sneaky, that when I was paying via debit, he pressed okay after entering the amount so I couldn't see the $220 overcharge until after completing the transaction...
    Furthermore, he was under another company name online - "Helping Hands, " which comes up right away when you search movers in Vancouver, and its' shocking he's getting away with everything from fake personal/business info, to verbal abuse...
    He completely ruined my moving day which was going so smoothly; I did everything on my own from packing to cleaning, and had my place in mint condition for him and who was supposed to be 1 other person, (he just sat in the car and did no work.) Not only did he arrive 2 hours late after I had to call and remind him of the job, but he then called 3 guys, and on the spot so I couldn't;t back out, told me it was a 3-hour minimum for $110/hour, PLUS an hour for travel time; I'm kicking myself for agreeing to pay that after he came 2 hours late...
    I literally had 6 pieces of furniture that took 1.5 hours to move within the same building, and he charged me for 4 hours, guilting me by saying he had 3 guys to pay. Not that I asked him to bring 3, thought it was him and 1 other...
    And he pays them peanuts! $24/40 - So in my case a job he charged me $440 + tax for, he paid his labourers $100, ($25 to 2 and $40 to his main, ) and pocketed $340.
    When I later emailed him to politely state how I felt cheated and for him to consider refunding me the travel time, he called and yelled at me screaming everything from racial slurs, to insulting my parents & my profession...told me "How dare you be an Indian giver and have the audacity to ask me for a refund, " - he was yelling at me which is verbal abuse, but its' so sad how he has a record and so ppl like me would be intimidated to make a complaint...
    I live on my own and he knows where we live because of the nature of his "business."

I felt so proud that I was completely independent with my move, (just needed help for these 6 pieces of furniture, ) & today he's ruined my move-out day by this whole situation, and making me feel like I should've had "a man" or someone with me when he came so he may not have taken advantage/walked all over me - he is a pathetic excuse for a human and business owner...
    I feel especially ripped off by our system which doesn't take these individuals to task & he clearly conned me; I couldn't search any reviews before because he used the name "Helping Hands."

• Pa
      Jun 19, 2018

@Karishma Poonawala You can call the police over the matter. If he punched in the wrong amount on the debit machine that is fraud. You can also report him to the bbb. Especially if he claimed he is bbb accredited.

• Pa

@Karishma Poonawala Rate him on google too

• Pe
      Jun 20, 2018

@Karishma Poonawala You can report Paul's unethical business practices here.

• Pe
      Jun 20, 2018

@Paul The pedo You can report Paul's unethical business practices here. It seems helping hands is registered under numerous fake addresses.

• Ka
      Jun 25, 2018

@Pedopaul Thanks for this! Yeah, that's why I thought Helping Hands was a legitimate company / thought they have chains...he's a complete fraud and I'll definitely help bring people like him to task...thanks again.

Sep 24, 2018

I have had contact with Paul since he advertises all the time on Craigslist. I have seen all the reports of this guy. Unfortunately there are no laws stopping people like him from running a business. He admitted his past to me, so I refused to work for him since I have kids. People like this should be thrown in jail instead of operating a business.