Affordable Movers

Burnaby, British Columbia
Canada
Phone: 604-537-4140
affordablemoversbc.com
We hired Affordable Movers BC to help us with a short move in Vancouver. Following the move we discovered that a file folder containing bank records, a credit card and $300 in cash had been stolen. When confronted the company owner Paul Lekhraj was very unprofessional, inconsiderate, rude and unwilling to help, the case is currently part of a police and credit card fraud investigation.

There have been several complaints lodged against this company and Paul himself regarding similar behavior, one is as follows on:

May 24, 2010 - Paul Lekhraj's answer to why he doesn't pay his employees and retain long-term staff: "If I don't pay you it won't affect your lifestyle anyway"

My advise would be to avoid this company at all costs, you WILL be ripped off and/or stoelen from, save yourself a lot of time, hassle and grief and go with a reputable moving company.
Complaint comments Comments (24)    Updated: Complaint country Canada Complaint category Movement & Delivery
More Affordable Movers Complaints & Reviews
Affordable Movers - fraudulent

Comments

N  3rd of Jul, 2013 by    +1 Votes
just wanna comment on this one that its really well written and I enjoyed reading this
N  25th of Jul, 2013 by    0 Votes
This person is definitely has no merit for making such a statement and is probably a racist. We have been in business for over 10 years and hold many government contracts. It's no wonder why they remain anonymous.
N  13th of Jul, 2014 by    +1 Votes
We hired this company to move our piano . He claimed to be a professional piano movers . After the delivery we discovered there are lots of damages to the piano case one of pedals is broken. He is also very dishonest.Do Not deal
With this guy.
A  17th of Jan, 2015 by    +1 Votes
I called this company, affordablemoversbc, as I had a suspicion that it is affiliated in some way with www.affordablemoverskelowna.ca, this company having been used by my family in kelowna with disastrous results. the guy "paul" who answered the phone was rude and indifferent and told me that he was a "spiritual person" who didnt want any negativity in his life. he said he was with clients on another call the first time I called, and then he had clients with him the second time..., then he put the phone down on me. I believe that this company is possibly the same company as affordable movers in kelowna, just doing business under a similar, but different name. I now believe that both these "businesses" should be avoided at all costs. my family reported affordable movers kelowna to the better business bureau but he did not respond to the complaint after being requested to do so, twice. this business was recommended by big steel box whom I had believed was a reputable business but am now also dubious about them too as a result of them clearly not checking moving companies out thoroughly before recommending them. the business has an address in kelowna that I believe is a "front" as there is no moving company at all on the road this business claims to be their address. I have photographs of the damage this business caused to a lot of my stuff. their website claims that they are 2 brothers who are in business as a result of what they claimed they witnessed when working for other moving companies and decided to open their own business and provide superiior service. check the website out www.affordablemoverskelowna.ca what a joke! this business will apparently be posted on the bbb's webside for public viewing but it could take several months it is vital that these so called moving companies are exposed asap. they may be working together or they may be operating separately but either way, both businesses should be avoided at all costs. they also damaged by former house. there is absolutely no professionalism or honesty with this lot.
A  2nd of Feb, 2015 by    +2 Votes
Prakash (Paul) Lekhraj has dozens of court appearences for civil, criminal, and traffic violations. Drug dealing, assault with a weapon, threats to kill, traffic accidents, lawsuits, insunce fraud.
These can be viewed on "Court Services Online".
He has an "F" rating at the BBB.
He has a many online complaints. Google him or P.L. Affordable Movers.
A  29th of Apr, 2015 by    -1 Votes
Several months ago I hired this company to move my belongings.
During the move I overheard the swamper tell the driver that, "Before it's realized that it's missing, I'll be long gone." Due to the fact that I became very ill right after, it was two months before I was able to go through my packed boxes.
Sure enough, my coin and bill collection and two bronzes were discovered to be missing. As well, the driver damaged two small items, but merely ignored me when I complained. The RCMP told me that because of the time lapse no investigation would be made.
I can only urge anyone thinking of using this outfit to think twice before hiring them.
@bandits Rate him on yelp
N  8th of Nov, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Sure wish I had seen this before I hired this company to move my belongs into storage, friday nov/04/2016 I hired paul to move my already packed sitting in the driveway belongings into a storage unit... he charged me $350 plus tax for 3 hrs with 2 men plus travel time the final cost was $415 he insisted on cash as he was just about to send his crew home..4 men in a little car showed up to my residence.. I asked where the truck was on its way was the answer... so having called the office I was given the number of the guys who did the labor, I met them at the storage unit showed them where it was located gave them the lock and asked them to put my plants near the front so I could have easy access the following day. I received a phone call at 5 pm telling me it was all done. I arrived at my storage unit the following... to pick up my plants... for starters I could not open the roll up door.. I had to push my foot on one of the boxes that was blocking the door... I was shocked with what I saw... my belongs had been shoved in with no care or thought.. it looked like a bunch of apes had done the job... lite boxes marked fragile were on the bottom my bike was on the top and in moving a few boxes around to let the door close, I found some of broken items... I received a phone call shortly after... saying that hf my belongs were still in my driveway... I called paul to ask why... only to be asked why I was bothering him, he was rude. and foul mouthed he hung up and I never could get through again, there is no ethical practice here, with all the complaints I have to wonder why he is able to continue to get a licence and scam more people... he needs to be stopped!!!
A  19th of Dec, 2016 by    +1 Votes
Please stay away from him and his business. his new number is 604 537 4140. really surprised and shocked no government agency taking action against him and till date he is continuing doing unethical, unprofessional business practice. he has not match canadian standard and no value of canadian social system. I won't be able to explain his behaviour in words. that's my mistake I did not check reviews before hiring him. he talks like a normal person when you call first and then once you hire his greediness, shameless behaviour and ego words should put him behind bars for lifetime, because he is so much tension for innocent people.
if you want to live peacefully stay away from this senseless, useless stupid. he is devil in human body.
N  4th of Apr, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Anyone that has had problems with Affordable Movers and or Paul or his staff please contact me via email and lets stop this business from taking anyone else! In numbers we are stronger and louder
Please email to badmover35@yahoo.com
N  27th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@stop injustice The email account isnt valid
A  2nd of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
We are currently being held hostage by this [censor]! He has 2 households full of our stuff in his possession and will not release anything without a huge extortion amount being paid!!! We have police involved but they aren't much help. Any ideas from any victims out there would greatly be appreciated!!
N  24th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@user1690169 we ended up finding out where he was hiding our stuff through the RCMP. They had to escort us and we had to pay this [censor] $6000 cash to get our stuff back. We had CKNW involved as well. The RCMP said it was a "civil matter". This guy is a complete [censor]!!! We also found out his truck, that was carrying all our belongings had a 1 day "unloaded" permit on it and he was supposed to bring it up to Kelowna!! We reported him to ICBC but nothing has happened. I hope he rots in hell!
N  27th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@user1690169 Check your messages
N  4th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@user1690169 Inbox me. I can help
A  24th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Paul (prakash) Lekhraj is a pedophile. He has been charged with pimping out a minor! Creep!
N  24th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Anthonyshiau Seriously??? This would not surprise me at all!! How did you find that out?
N  25th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@user1690169 You can see his criminal record online.
N  25th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
@user1690169 He was charged with pimping out a minor. He also brags he sleeps with "very young girls".
N  24th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Paul Lekhraj is 50 years old but pretends to be 30. Its pathetic!
N  24th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Affordable movers is not even bbb accredited but paul claims it is. Please submit any claims to the bbb. Paul is an absolute fraud!
A  24th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Please rate affordable movers bc on yelp. It would help people avoid this scam business.
N  24th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Rate his business on yelp 😉
A  3rd of Jan, 2018 by    0 Votes
If anyone has any additional information, please inbox me. Anyone who hasn't been paid by paul can make a report. Anyone who has been scammed can submit additional information so his business can be shut down. If paul has been giving out business cards with the bbb logo on it please forward that to the better business bureau so paul/prakash can be fined.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree