Advantage Car Rental — Billing and Service
This was my worst car rental experience of all time. Every step of the way.
I rented a car through Travelocity for the Advantage location in Toronto. When I arrived, I called the toll-free number for the shuttle pick-up. No one answered, and I called at least 5 times. Someone finally answered the local number on my 3rd attempt with it.
The car smelled terribly of smoke and a strong perfume was used to try to cover it up. It was dirty. No windshield washer fluid. It was not filled with gas (as advertised), and the guy wrote down it was at a half-tank and it wasn't... he rounded up! He had no other cars available, so I was stuck with it. I confirmed the original price ($64.87) with him and left.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Toronto, OH
However, when I returned the car, I was told that they had to do add an exchange rate on that. I told them that it was already done (I had another file online that had the rental at $52.11 usd, which is $64.87 cdn, but it seemed redundant, so I didn't bring it), and that I confirmed the price when I first rented the vehicle. It didn't matter, nor did he care about the state of the car, he still charged me an extra $13.28.
Not a large sum, but it is the principle; and on top of that, the service was so poor.
I have called the location 3 times, and have always been told the manager is "busy." I have never received a return phone call. I have emailed twice (with the document clearly stating the usd and cdn amounts) and received no response.
Now, I am going to write travelocity and every consumer website to warn people. They think I will drop this... ha!
More Advantage Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Advantage Rent-A-Car - Fraudulent damage claim! 
- Advantage / Car Rental - Hidden fee! 
- Advantage Rent A Car - left stranded 
- Advantage Car Rental - Bad experience
- Advantage Car Rental - Get what you pay for 
- Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Company - customer service
- Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Company - did not get a car even it was reserved 2 weeks before trip started
- Advantage Rental Car Las Vegas - Bald Tires, 3 days till response
- Advantage Car Rental - Did not honor rental agreement
- Advantage Rent A Car A Hertz Company - car rental