ADV Films / DVD Macross 1 + Box / Bad customer service / Ignoring people

1 United States

ADV Films – USA company that sell Japan animations goods.

Stay away from buying online merchandise from ADV films (www.advfils.com). This people are nasty with terrible service. They will sell you expensive FedEx shipping and buy UPS ground transportation that is much cheaper than what you pay for. They will not reimburse you or pay anything if you need to return a good that was damaged or broken; you need to take to pay out of your pocket the shipping cost to send the damage items that was not your fault back to them for exchange. They will do anything to keep even 1 cent to compensate you, their motto is do not pay anything and do not answer e-mails phone calls unless they are coming from a bank or a credit company.

I bought a lot, and I mean like 20 DVD’s from them. Only one of them was damage. It was loose inside the DVD loose and has scratches all over. Naturally, I say please exchange it for another, it was a pain, and several calls and e-mails to get a form to fill out to sent the package at my cost. So I mail the item with a delivery confirmation (O know they will lie saying I never mail it) pay on an additional 9 dollars for what I already have paid. After a month I contacted my credit card company explaining the situation, they of course say they call not do anything (Sun Trust credit card managed by Bank of America) and I should be the one fixing the problem. They managed to put ADV films on the phone so I talk to a nice woman that say, they got my defective DVD and they will ship the replacement.

Now it has been a month and I have not gotten my replace DVD. So be smart and buy in professional web sites that are interest in their customers and not is fighting to the last penny without considering losing customers.