ADT Security / no service, no contract, no payment

1 United States

I signed a contract with ADT in 2007 in Pta. In December 2008 I moved to Jhb, and informed ADT about the move. I asked them to sypply my with a radio link for the Jhb area. Well, time went by, and early in December I phoned numerous times to get it done. On the 10th of December, I phoned again, asked them where can I get a transmitter, will install it myself. I owned a security company, so installation of a radio transmitter is nothing new for me).

I was told to go to ADT in Randburg. I took time of from work, went all the way to Randburg, and was told, no, they don't keep stock of radio transmitters.

I phoned ADT head office, and told them I will get another security company, since ADT cannot give me service. I phoned RSS that evening, and the following day, I was connected up to their control room.

Since then, I get WEEKLY sms's from ADT that my alarm doesn't work (well, clearly, since it is not connected to ADT, and I am now living in Jhb, not Pta!) and lately the sms's got threatening... my account is overdue and I will be listed on the credit bureau.

STOP HARASSING ME! You didn't give me service, and I terminated the contract on 10 December 2008.

As