[Resolved] Adore Organic Innovations/Adore Cosmetics / deceptive sales tactics & misrepresention

United States, Las Vegas
Adore Organic Innovations
Las Vegas
If you are reading this and have not purchased yet... Run run run... It is a scam!
I am writing this complaint today in hopes that it may help unsuspecting consumers. I encountered sales people for adore cosmetics on fremont street in las vegas. My friend had already been coaxed into their store so I went in to see her. They had a nice store front and appeared to be a legitimate business. They proceeded to tell us about the products. They said they were made in italy and were 100% organic & hypoallergenic. They said the exact same products are used at the high-end spa at the bellagio hotel. Two of the sales people (Lucas & anabel) told us they work at the bellagio spa doing facials and the bellagio charges over $500 for a facial with the exact same adore products. Lucas even went as far as to fake a phone call that he was going to the bellagio to do a facial (I didn't figure out it was fake until later).
Just like i've read in other reviews, at first the products appear to make a difference around the eyes but then it gets rough & flaky and turns the area red. Unfortunately, this all happens after we left the store with a big charge on our credit cards! We took a couple products with us and the rest were to be shipped. The sales people never informed us of the no return policy. They grabbed the credit card while we were sitting in chairs across the room still with product on our face & ran to the register and then whisk back the receipt for signature while they were distracting us with conversation.
The next day we returned and ask for a refund. The sales people's demeanor had totally changed at that point and they became rude & ugly. They tried to quiet us down because there were other customers in the store... Even turned the music up & started speaking in another language. The manager lucas juvanni said the products had already been shipped so he could not give a full refund... I later confirmed the products had not been shipped at that time... Another lie!. Lucas agreed to give us a partial refund and then gave us a slip of paper stating he would refund in 90 days less restocking fee if we weren't happy (He said restocking fee is 25%).
I contacted the bellagio and they said they do not use adore cosmetics as we had been told and neither lucas or anabel work at the bellagio doing facials. Based on the labeling & ingredients, they also lied about the product being made in italy and being organic.
I refused delivery of the products so they were never in my possession. I have repeatedly tried to contact the company by phone, letter, & emails with no success. Lucas gave me his cell phone so I have texted him many times. He replied a couple times stating he was checking on it and then the last time he said a "lady" from his office already offered me a refund less restocking of 25% and I didn't take it... Really... Do you think I would turned down any amount of refund!
Adore has all the unopened & unused products back and they have charged my credit card and they will not respond to my inquiries. It is theft!
I'm still trying to recover through my credit card and i'm filing complaints with bbb, federal trade, attorney general, las vegas tourism board, and any other associations I can think of. If anyone has other suggestions, please reply to the post.
To anyone reading this before you purchase... Please do not purchase these products... It is a scam!

Resolution statement

After more than 3 months of inquiries, this company has finally issued refund. It's a shame it takes that much work to get a refund.
May 17, 2015

Adore Cosmetics Logo Adore Cosmetics
1400 Alton Road. Suite 201 (2nd Floor)
Miami Beach