Adorama.com Konica Minolta 1600W / a bunch of crooks and lier..

CA, United States Review updated:

Hi,

I purchased a brand new Konica Minolta printer magicolor 1600W from adorama.com. It arrived to me as broken, and would not print the colors as expected. My understanding, as a retailer, adorama.com is responsible for customer service, but they refused straightly. They left me to deal with manufacturer. I wonder why they call themselves retailer if do not take responsibility for replacing the DOA stuff. However, I ended up wasting more than 2 hours with manufacturer, but still not solved. I guess now I have to get a refurbished printer in spite of paying the price of new printer. Adorama is lier and thief, some of their attitude:

1. They dont honor their 30 day return policy. Out right lier.
2. Their free shipping is not really free, if you even want to return a DOA item, they charge 40 USD for it.
3. They are not retailer, they just recycle the second hand items (my printer box was already open and re-sealed)
4. Its worth spending few extra bucks at amazon, buy.com or new egg, who just send the RMA with once sentence email.

Buyers, I just burnt my 120 bucks, hope this review will save yours. Best of luck.

thanks
Deepak

Comments

•   Aug 25, 2010

Dear Deepak

I was extremely concerned to read your review, and firstly would like to apologize most sincerely for your disappointment with the service you have received so far. From the description of your experience above I am not surprised that you are angry - in your position I have little doubt that I would feel the same way.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to investigate this matter myself, and would ask you to email me directly with your order number, and to forward me all the emails you have received so far from our customer service department.

I will then be able to give this my immediate attention.

Once again my apologies, and I do look forward to hearing from you.

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    [protected]@adorama.com

• De
      Aug 29, 2010

Hi

An update on my original post. This time its extremely positive, thus would like to like update my original complain.

After posting the review, I happened to speak with more experienced customer service rep, and she explained me that return policy was always to accept the return in case of defective product. However, the service rep who helped me earlier was unaware of the right policy. Adorama updated their service rep manuals, as well as sent me a replacement printer promptly. Overall, it ended well, and I got a replacement printer.

Thanks
    Deepak

•   Aug 29, 2010

Delighted that it all worked out, Deepak.

Please don't hesitate to come back directly to me if you ever need assistance with anything in the future.

Helen Oster