[Resolved] Adorama / trade in practices are fraudulent and sleazy

New York, NY, United States

I took a number of items (pro equipment) in for trade. I worked with several people (Josh Rubin, Alba Castillo, Jack Gold) on the valuation and trade in of the equipment. I asked that they meet their stated 70% valuation in the trade for other equipment. They indicated they would work with me and lowered the price of the purchase WITHOUT telling me that they were replacing new equipment (which is what I asked for) with USED equipment. There was also a time sensitive element to the trade, and they neglected to tell me that the USED equipment that they were going to be giving me was unavailable. I learned all of this from the customer service person who is in MANILA and could not help me at all. They processed a large amount on my card in addition to the equipment I gave them and now I have been taken not once, but twice. I feel really stupid for doing business with this sleazy bunch. All I wanted was to trade good equipment for a new camera and lens. This is not the outcome.

• Resolution statement

• Updated by wales50, Jul 28, 2018

Just an FYI: they have guaranteed that I will never return to do business with them again in the future. ever.

• Adorama Customer Care's Response, Jul 29, 2018

I was so sorry to read that this was your experience, and immediately shared your feedback with the Adorama Trades Department Manager.

Unfortunately, in spite of our best efforts we have bee unable to ID your trade, as you may have forgotten to add any details eg your quote number, contact information or the items traded

If you are able to spare a minute or two to email me: [protected]@adorama.com I will be delighted to assist in making this right for you.

Please accept my deepest apologies for the inconvenience and frustration caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes