Adorama Inc / scam

GA, United States Review updated:

Hello Applicant,

I got your resume and it has been reviewed, I did appreciate it, So I will give this a GO ! I am happy to inform you that after close consideration with your resume, you have been accepted and given provisional appointment. Below are our company details and personal data for you review, please be reminded that you cannot share this information with a third party.

Business Name:ADORAMA INC.
Dun and Bradstreet # [protected]
Type of Entity: CORPORATION
Federal Tax ID#:[protected]
Registration ID: 453033

I'm looking for someone that can be trusted and reliable to work very well with good understanding.
This position is home-based and flexible, working with me is basically about instructions and following them, my only fear is that I may come at you impromptu sometimes, so I need someone who can be able to meet up with my irregular timings.As my Personal Assistant, your activities amongst other things will include;
*Running personal errands, supervisions and monitoring. Scheduling programmes, flights and keeping me up to date with them. Acting as an alternative telephone correspondence while I'm away. Making regular contacts and drop-offs on my behalf. Handling and monitoring some of my financial activities..
Basic wage is $400 Weekly excluding Gas expenses and compensations.

I'm sure you'll understand I tend to have a very busy schedule at this point, as I am presently in the Greece, I will be back in three Weeks. We will set up a formal interview as soon as i am back in the states.This position will be in Georgia as we are opening a new branch in Georgia,
Please note that this position is not office based for now because of my frequent travels and tight schedules, it's a part-time work from home for now and the flexibility means that there will be busier weeks than others. I have been checking my files and i'll need you to run some errands for me this week. I will have some funds sent to you to complete the assignment, i will get you more information on that, I will like you to get back to me with your Contact Details such as:
Personal Information
Residential Phone Number:
Mobile:

The employee, acknowledged the Detailed Job Description
and signed___________ _____________________
(First Name and Last Name of Employee)

Kindly respond with requested details . Once I have received your contact information, I will get back to you with the task for this week.

Thanks in anticipation of your prompt response.

Best regards,

Auditing Manager,
Michael Pardon
ADORAMA INC.

Comments

• Le
      7th of Nov, 2010

Please explain how/why this is a scam. I responded to an ad on Craigslist & got a similar response from Adorama. But the guy called himself Eric Collins

• Ot
      8th of Nov, 2010

I got the same exact email in response to a craigslist ad. I googled it and found people all over the country have gotten this response. Not going there.

• Wt
      16th of Dec, 2010

...Same letter here too, 3 weeks after applying. And no employer of any sort should give a "provisional" appointment to someone they've never even spoken to. He/they're probably collecting people's personal information.

• 1t
      19th of May, 2011

This is an obvious scam. I just received a very, very similar email today after responding to a job posting on
    Craigslist also. This time, the email is from a guy named Jason Macuch. Apparently, he's in the Ukraine right now if you care. The company name is New York Insurance Company. Just a reminder for us to do our homework and don't just trust everyone on line. A company will give you an address and easy contact information before they give you their Dun and Bradstreet number. If the information is that confidential, they wouldn't just email it to you without knowing anything about you including your name!

• Pa
      18th of Jun, 2011

Same grievance. I got a response near identical to the above, in response to a short-term job ad on craigslist: http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/ofc/2443259840.html .

Can anybody get them off craigslist?

• Ku
      27th of Jul, 2011
    Adorama.com - Worst place ever
    adorama.com

I purchased a brand new Konica Minolta printer magicolor 1600W from adorama.com . It arrived to me as broken, and would not print the colors as expected. My understanding, as a retailer, adorama.com is responsible for customer service, but they refused straightly. They left me to deal with manufacturer. I wonder why they call themselves retailer if do not take responsibility for replacing the DOA stuff. However, I ended up wasting more than 2 hours with manufacturer, but still not solved. I guess now I have to get a refurbished printer in spite of paying the price of new printer. Adorama is lier and thief, some of their attitude:

1. They dont honor their 30 day return policy. Out right lier.
    2. Their free shipping is not really free, if you even want to return a DOA item, they charge 40 USD for it.
    3. They are not retailer, they just recycle the second hand items (my printer box was already open and re-sealed)
    4. Its worth spending few extra bucks at amazon, buy.com or new egg, who just send the RMA with once sentence email.

Buyers, I just burnt my 120 bucks, hope this review will save yours. Best of luck.

• Na
      29th of Nov, 2012

Firstly, please accept my deepest apologies. I'm unable to identify your transaction from your posting, but I can promise you that we absolutely will take this item back in accordance with our 30-day returns period. I can only think that the CS rep you spoke to mis-understood, or was perhaps not trained sufficiently well.

Could you please email me directly with your order number: [protected]@adorama.com so that I can arrange this for you?

Once again my apologies, and I do look forward to hearing back from you and making this right for you.

Helen Oster