Active Network/Active Advantage / unauthorized credit card charges
In reviewing my credit card statement I found a charge for $79.95 from active network. Since I had no idea what this was for I immediately called my credit card company. They informed this was a reoccurring yearly charge and that this was actually the third year I was charged by this company. I went to their website and on the front page found a link for people that did not know why they were charged $79.95. When I went to the link I found out I was unknowingly paying for some type of coupon service for "active people." I never knew I had the service and never used it. I guess I was lucky I found it on year 3 and not year 10. I contacted active network and was told I could only be refunded $79.95 for the last year because "that was their policy, " even though in total they had charged my over $200. I was told I was signed up for this service somehow when I reserved a campsite online. Again I have never gotten any services from this company nor did I know I had it. When I looked online I see that I am not alone and that many other people have had this happen to them without them knowing. I have to say I am blown away that this type of fraud is legal and feel especially bad for people that are living paycheck to paycheck and can't afford it. In 2013 there was a class action lawsuit for the same thing against this company. I think there needs to be another one. I will also be writing the CEO but I will have to do more research to find other ways to resolve the situation.
Updated by Laura Maria Rhodes, Jun 04, 2018
I would like to see this company change their unethical practices of charging people for a reoccurring charge without the customer being clear that it is happening.
More Active Network/Active Advantage Complaints & Reviews
- Active.com - Active advantage trial membership scam 
- Active Network - Unauthorized / stolen card number purchase 
- Active.com - Hidden charges 
- Active.com - Fraudulent Charges 
- Active.com - Active Advantage Trial Membership Scam
- Active.com - won't provide refund for paid event
- Active.com - Charging for membership i never signed up for 
- Active.com - bogus membership
- Active Network - running cares - event request ignored
- Active.com - unexpected charges on credit card