ACS-Education.comPoor customer service and support

S Review updated:

I would like to say that I have had, and am currently having, poor experiences with ACS-education. Their customer service is not only borderline rude and unhelpful, but their customer service is barely existent. I I emailed them three weeks ago with a question and have never gotten a reply further than the automated response. Calling with my questions is met with the crass attitude as described by the person above. I believe this problem is with ACS and not with Wachovia.

The worst part is, there is no one to complain to! Because they haven't technically done anything wrong I can not launch a complaint with the BBB, but make no mistake ACS / ACS-inc / ACS-education has made having a student loan a miserable experience. I make all of my payments on time and can not wait to be rid of this horrible company. In no other industry would such horrible client relations be acceptable and there is no one in our corner to protect us from them.

In addition to these problems their website software is either poorly written or poorly implemented. The one time they actually responded to one of my emails I was brought to a very unresponsive "secure email" web page that took literally 30+ seconds to load an individual page. The only 'response' I got on this secure email was another canned customer service message stating that I needed to use the secure email system. The pages layout was also broken (it looked like images were either missing or did not sit right in the webpage.) After being forced to create a second user name and password to use this application I have gotten, once again, no response. The entire experience is so poor I can only assume they are purposefully trying to prevent people from requesting support.

• O
      Jul 14, 2009

This is our experience with this company as well.
    From the first e-mail contact I sent to them, they had a copy of my request for forbearance extension I was asking for a disposition on. It was in the body of an e-mail & all they had to do to read it was drop their eyes down a bit below a note to them. Instead of reading & responding to it, they asked for it in the form of an attachment. We sent an attachment as requested. Then they said they couldn’t read the attachment & asked for it in the form of a fax. We called a supervisor and got her so called “direct fax number” and faxed 2 copies to her along with 2 copies each to 2 other ACS fax numbers. They said the faxes were not received. Then they said they couldn’t locate my account—needed more information. Please note--by then they had a long list of e-mails from us in their secure system & apparently hadn't had the problem of locating the account before that. Then for 2 days, we couldn’t get access to their secure e-mail system where all the responses they had written were stored. At one point they sent a link to their most recent "response" that would take us into the secure mail system. The computer sat there for around an hour with a message on the screen saying:
    "PGP Universal Starting
    PGP Universal is currently starting. This page will automatically refresh every 10 seconds until the PGP Universal Server becomes available." After about an hour the indicator that showed progress for completion of the action was still less than halfway just as it had been when I first got the message. Finally just shut off the computer cuz' couldn't wait for the mail system to retrieve the e-mail any longer & assumed it was such a secure system that even the borrower couldn't access it! Now that's secure!
    An ACS employee hung up the phone on me once. We hoped all these problems they seemed to be having reading an e-mail they already had weren't intentional, but at the very least this seemed grossly inefficient, so we contacted the federal ombudsman’s office for help. It was after that that we received a direct response to our attempts to communicate with them.

• O
      Jul 14, 2009

I was wondering if we were the only ones having problems with ACS customer service and did an internet search. That was when I saw the above entry from skelooth. By the way, I also saw the following. There seems to have been a pattern of privacy mishaps involving this company since
    May 2005. From my experiences with them, I would wonder if these problems were due to inefficiency, although they certainly are not the only organizations to have exposed people's private data on the internet. Here are misshaps they have had:
    • May 2005. Motorola:
    The names and Social Security numbers of an unreported number of Motorola employees were on two computers stolen from ACS offices in Chicago. Although the number of individuals or records stolen was not reported in most articles, NSI lists the number as 30, 000, but does not cite their source for that number.
    • February 2006. Denver International Airport:
    Credit card information on people who paid by card for parking at the airport was on a backup tape stolen from ACS. The backup tape contained records for seven years. No number of records or individuals was estimated. In a case of locking the barn door after the horse is gone, DIA changed its procedures so that ACS was no longer allowed to store credit card information on any systems at DIA.
    • August 2006. United States Department of Education:
    During what should have been a routine software upgrade, ACS had a coding glitch on the DOE Direct Loan Servicing System web site, exposing the data of about 21, 000 student borrowers.
    • October 2006. Colorado Department of Human Services:
    A computer containing information on nearly 1 million recently hired Colorado employees and employees in other states, plus 500, 00 people involved in making enforced child support payments was stolen from ACS. An ACS employee was subsequently questioned, but no charges were filed and the computer was not recovered.
    In 2007--A package containing a CD was being shipped from an Atlanta office of Affiliated Computer Services (ACS), to another company in Maryland. A computer disk containing personal information on about 2.9 million Georgians was lost in shipping. The data include Social Security numbers, birthdates and addresses of people on Medicaid and PeachCare for Kids. Maybe it was the error of the shipper--who knows? 16 other packages shipped from the office that same day arrived.

I'm not saying who was right and who was wrong in these situations & how ACS may have been at fault--only saying that I found this information when I did a search.

Jul 23, 2009

I'm extremely frustrated with ACS as well! I have been trying to increase my monthly payment amount for months now and they have failed to respond to my request. I have sent notification in writing (which they said they never received), I have called and spoke with two different supervisors, I have faxed the request and been assured my monthly payment amount would increase by the next payment date. But the payment stays the same, they reap in more in interest...

• S
      Sep 02, 2009

We have had and continue to have issues with ACS as well. Most recently we paid two payments via our Wachovia On-line bill pay and ACS sends us an invoice indicating we had not made payments and as a result tacked on excessive late charges to our account. I went to Wachovia and received printed verification that they paid our accounts and had proof that ACS deposited the monies into their ACS account. I faxed the information to the ACS Processing Department as well as e-mailed them. To date no response has been offered. I continue to check our account and the account still indicates our payments have not been received and the late charges are accruing. I have tried to contact them and one out of every three calls I get a recording that their system is down and information is not available. I finally reached a customer service respresentative yesterday who argued with me, was extremely rude, would not attempt to try to address our issue and ended with our account is going to be turned over to collections. My husband and I do not know what to do. We cannot afford an attorney and even if we had the money for an attorney, are doubtful anything can be done. We have everything from Wachovia Bank stating our payments were made and the proof they were deposited into the ACS account, however, we can do nothing. I wish someone could help us! Any thoughts?

Sep 04, 2009

I have just spent the last half-hour/hour trying to use ACS's email system, which does not work, and hunting for an email that actually does.

(Just found this one [protected]@acs-inc.com I got an automated response back, but at least it's something.)

You can tell them something several times and they do not listen. I have repeatedly, and legally, ask them not to call. They shut up for a while, and then start again.

This is not the best area in the country for jobs. Decent positions are just now beginning to open up, and I have applied, but not received answers or been turned down. I don't take any of this lightly. I never dreamed I'd be in this position.

I have applied for some, but have not received responses back from the latest applications. I'd like to have them happy with me, but until I have been hired somewhere for a while that's not going to happen.

• Z
      Sep 17, 2009

I am a 24 year old college grad. ACS handles both my federal and one of my private loans. They also aquired loans from CLC college loan corporation, and I had them consolidate my federal loans.

ACS is grossly mismanaged, their business policies, customer service practices, and technology (website, email, etc) are highly outdated, and inefficient.

I've had several issues with them over the past few years, whether it be difficulty getting answers (via email or on the phone), difficulty accessing account info, records, etc, and difficulty with payments. For example, if you send in one payment (via check or online banking) for various loans, they apply the check to the first loan on your account, then they send you a refund check for the rest of the money past what you owe on that account, and they charge you a late fee for not paying the other accounts. You don't find out that they did this until its too late, and if you blame them for the folly, they make you go through a drawn out process, talking to supervisors, complaining, etc, in order to get the charges removed.

ACS is a horrible Loan company, border line scam artists. I can't believe accredited colleges like mine allow this horrible company to handle millions of dollars worth of accounts.

Their website is a piece of garbage, I don't even know how it's certified as secure. With all the money they make in interest, you'd think they'd hire a smart development team and design a nice website, and have a thorough, modern customer service department.

I am considering transfering to another company, I have to find out the details, but anythign will be better than ACS. It's like basically dealing with a bunch of chimpanzees...actually, chimps might be easier to work with, and better with computers.

Sep 24, 2009

I am new to having ACS as a servicing agent for my student loans. Over the past 8 years I have been making regular automatically deducted student loan payments to Panhandle Plains Student Loan Center in Canyon, Texas. As of 18 Sept. 2009, ACS is taking over the servicing of my loan. I did not receive notification of this transfer from either PPSLC or ACS. Furthermore, ACS instituted a policy on all loans from ACS to not start automatic deductions for accounts identified as being "pre-paid", i.e. I've been paying more than my minimum payment for years and my next due date is not until sometime in 2011. I believe this is a covert action on the part of ACS to put people into non-payment status in an attempt to garner more profit for themselves in interest charges and late fees at the expense of college graduates just starting their careers. My experience with ACS is only 36 hours long at this point and I'm already asking around to find out which Federal agency has oversight responsibility for the companies that service guaranteed student loans. My advice to anyone with ACS is to check your account statements regularly and communicate only through certified mail with a return receipt. Obviously this part of the financial sector didn't learn any lessons over the past 12 months and is staffed with crooks and theives.

• N
      Sep 25, 2009

I am most frustrated with ACS's outmoded website. The interface is horrible. My husband's student loans are serviced through American Education Services and he can see each individual loan online and choose to apply more or less of an particular payment to each loan. I hate that on the ACS website I just see the totals. I would like to know more relevant information- such as how much I owe on each loan, their subsidized/unsubsidized status, etc. It took me weeks to change my address because every time I attempted to do it online the change never went through. I wish I could change companies.

• G
      Oct 26, 2009

Not only am I tired of their run around and rude customer service, not counting the abrubt letter that they are now in charge of my school loans, they've charged me double, charged me late fees when my due date wasn't even due yet. Then they ask me for proof of name change since I remarried within the past year and wanted copies of marriage license, driver's license and social card? Give me a break! Why so they can steal my identity! I told them my signature was good enough. Then I'm on defferment and they've lost my paperwork and have sent it to them 3 times!!! Who are these people!

• G
      Oct 26, 2009

Just wanted to say after my last post a few minutes ago. I took it upon myself to do my own investigation into ACS. I called Panhandle Plains and they said they were bought out by ACS. ACS is a Fortune 500 Company based out of NY with offices in D/FW and other cities. I was told that the CEO is Mr. Lynn Blodgett and ACS aka Affiliated Computer Services was founded by Darwin Deason in 1988.
    The link below is a webpage from their site on their student loan services. Some of you may want to do your own searching on these people and send them your own piece of mind as I plan to do. Hope this helps someone. Oh, and check out their mission statement on their "core values", what a joke!

• S
      Nov 08, 2009

I totally agree! ACS is the worst student loan company ever. (Followed by SLFC) My loans were originally with SLFC and then sold to ACS. Only, I was never informed that they were sold until MONTHS after ACS was in control of them. Therefore all of the payments I had sent to SLFC were not being forwarded to ACS and I was accruing late fees! Finally, after many, many phone calls, e-mails and faxes, I was able to get the payments forwarded to ACS. Here is where the new problem occurred. My 3 original loans were separated into 6 loans based on dispersement date. Then the payments that had been forwarded were applied to the wrong loans and wrong amounts. My payments originally were $332, $75, and $16. They decided to apply the $332 to the loan that cost $16 dollars a month, and the $16 to the loan that was $332/month. Needless to say, it didn't make sense. THEN after repeated phone calls, more late fees, and more e-mails, nearly 6 months later, I was able to get it all straightened out. (Or so I thought) How ridiculous! The last straw was when I realized that my payments were not going towards the premium. SLFC and ACS claim I signed an "interest only" promissory note (which I would never do) but were unable to provide a copy of "said" document upon written request. What a mess. I'd rather file bankruptcy then pay these people.

• D
      Nov 16, 2009

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting through and getting help? I'm having big issues as well.

I consolidated through Chase who does their processing through ACS. One of the loans I consolidated was through ACS originally. The consolidation goes through, yet when I log into ACS I still see my original loan + the consolidation loan. If the consolidation is there (and they do expect me to pay it) the original loan should not be, but they are both there and I basically have $36, 000 being counted twice, that I'm expected to pay.

I really need some help. Does anybody have any advice?

• F
      Nov 16, 2009

ACS Phone number in Utica, NY is [protected].Call anyone of these people here and compain
    Val Koch- Facilities Manager
    Jean Lewis vice president tel.[protected]
    karen smith
    dave young director
    gary eychner director
    mike palmetto director
    sara mccan business operations

Nov 20, 2009

ACS is one of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. I was my previous lender for more than 8 years and never had one single complaint. My school loans were transferred to ACS this year, but I wasn't notified until after they took the automatic draft out of my account. They debited a different amount than my previous lender, so I didn't know who was taking money out of my account or why. About a week after the money was taken out, I finally received a letter explaining that the loan had been transferred and I was on automatic drafts. I received a second letter around the same time saying if I was on automatic draft with my previous lender, it would stay the same with ACS. However, the next month ACs didn't take any money out at all. When I called to find out why, they said I wasn't on automatic draft and never had been. I argued with the lady and when she finally went to check, she discovered that I had been on the draft. She explained that a teacher forgiveness loan was being processed, and that as soon as it was completed they would straighten out my account and remove the "late payment" notation on my account. She said at that time my automatic payments would resume. I didn't really believe her, so I tried to register on their website to look at my account. I kept getting a message that someone else with an account was using my social security number. Obviously, they were sending my password to an e-mail account that I haven't used for at least 6 or 7 years. I called again today. Of course, I couldn't understand the first person I talked to, so I asked for someone else. I eventually ended up talking to a "supervisor" - at least, he claimed to be a supervisor. The final verdict is that, no matter how much they mess up your account, they are not responsible for anything. It is your fault, your responsibility, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I already hate this company with a passion after being with them for less than two months.

• E
      Dec 07, 2009

I can't agree more with all of the above. My sons school loans were transferred to ACS sometime last year and I did not get notification of the transfer. I continued to pay to the previous lender and then started getting harrassing phone calls from ACS telling me I was overdue on payments. Then when I accidently applied a several payments to the wrong school loan they would not reverse it and apply it to the one that was due.
    Now they are reporting to my credit report as being overdue on one school loan by 120 days when in fact it was applied to the other loan.

• U
      Dec 15, 2009

Add me to the list of folks who find ACS employees to be incompetent. I received verification that they successfully rec'd a fax which they claim they never got. Their fax machine must have been down. HUH? This is a huge company, they mostly likely have a fax server...and they should damned well know if that is screwed up or not. I called and finally got a supervisor who said I could fax it directly to her fax which I did...and she promised to call me to verify she got it. I NEVER got that call.

I tried emailing instead of calling and got a reply from someone who thinks coating is the same as quoting and said someone was just "coating" me over the phone. Well that is a lie because I never got anything "coated" much less Quoted to me over the phone for a repayment plan I was applying for. I faxed in the documentation! I do not recommend anyone use their worthless email system.

And I guess company that size can't keep their fax working either, what a load of crap.

Then I got an answer that say it was based on my interest rate, but my interest rate went down, not up, so my payment didn't need to go up! Two emails later they said it was based on my gross income, well duh that's what all the forms say and what I have been emailing and asking about all along.

They have many negative complaints at BBB even though they are not a member. I may add to that collection.

I can't figure out how they apply any extra funds I send in, either, but I'm not sure I even want to try to look at that.

Jan 07, 2010

ACS really angers me as well! My original lender also sold my loan to them during the time when I was actually trying to consolidate my loan! The consolidating company sent a check to my original lender (before they sold my loan to ACS), however neither ACS or my original lender claim to have received a check! Therefore I'm currently being billed by ACS (I shouldn't be billed) and the consolidating company I used! I'm receiving TWO bills for the same loan! Very upsetting and frustrating. ACS customer service representatives are very incompetent and appear to be reading off their computer screenings not listening to my concerns!! To top it off, when I request to speak to a supervisor, I'm put on hold for about 10minutes and then "suddenly" my call gets disconnected and I never reach a supervisor!!

If anyone out there resolved their issues with ACS please, please let me know how you accomplished this !

• K
      Jan 27, 2010

My experience with ACS has, so far been, been negative. Repayment of my student loan began on 12/28/09, however, I was expecting to receive a bill but didn't get one. As a result my payment became past due and I had to pay a high late fee. I registered to login on their website but I'm currently having problems logging in. When I contacted customer service, I was met with rudeness and apathy. I was put on hold for about ten minutes and then cut off. I tried calling back but couldn't get through. I contacted ACS by email and recieved an autolmated response and no subsequent response after that. I wanted to make payments online, but due to the problems I've been having with the website, my payments will again be past due again. This really worries me If this is the kind of service I can expect from ACS.

Feb 12, 2010

Dear Resolution Management Group (Cc: PPSLC Customer Service):

I agree with all the preceding complaints. I sent ACS (both the e-mail support and the complaint-resolution addresses) the following:

Last week was just the most recent example of my having spoken with an ACS representative and then with this representative's supervisor. This supervisor acknowledged my concerns and then, of her own free will, offered to give me "a callback" by close of business on Friday, February 12.

Today is Friday, February 12, and this supervisor did not call me back as promised.

My ongoing and as yet unresolved issue with ACS Education is as follows: ACS Education bought my consolidation loans from the Panhandle Plains Student Loan Center (PPSLC) sometime between June and September of 2009. While my loan with with PPSLC, my minimum loan payment was $139/month. However, beginning on July 3, 2006, I increased my payment amount to $250/month. I also made a large payment of $1, 452.12 to PPSLC on December 10, 2006. On July 2, 2007, I resumed making monthly payments of $139. By federal law, my paying more than the minimum due advanced my next due date into the future. PPSLC records showed that my next payment would not be due until June 1, 2011.

In addition, from June through August of 2009, I enrolled in summer classes at Blinn College-Bryan Campus (main campus in Brenham, TX). I applied for and received an in-school deferment for these three months. However, when ACS took over my loan from PPSLC, I received a notice that a payment was due in September 2009.

It would appear that ACS, when taking over my loan from PPSLC, assumed that the entire delay between that time and my due date in 2011 was attributable to the academic deferment, when such was not the case. My deferment for being in school was scheduled to end after only 3 months, and the rest of the grace period in my due date is solely from my having made larger-than-required payments when my loan was still with PPSLC.

Despite my having explained this situation to several representatives, all of whom have claimed to submit my account to the research department, I continue to receive notices for payments due. Being a creditworthy borrower, I have made every payment faithfully, including the one that is due on February 14, 2010. However, I was not expecting to be making loan payments during this time, which was the whole reason for my having prepaid such a large sum of my balance (see preceding paragraphs).

Moreover, when I spoke with an ACS representative most recently, the woman I spoke with claimed that she had no record of my having sent in any such explanation to ACS previously. I knew this to be incorrect because I have clear e-mail records of those messages. I asked to speak with her supervisor, who also could not verify my having contacted ACS in December 2009. All she could find was a record from January 2010 -- I believe January 16 -- and she said that it would take 16 days for the research department to get in touch about my situation. Only after I told her that I had records of my December messages did she then suddenly locate them. Presumably the research department needed to contact PPSLC to verify the payment history that I have provided. Even so, 16 days from December 2009 does not equal February 12, 2010. This supervisor promised that she would call me back by Friday, February 12 -- that's today -- to inform me of the findings made by the research department. I asked her to be sure to contact me regardless of the outcome, even if the research had not been completed yet. She assured me that she would, and I know that this phone conversation was recorded.

Your supervisor did not contact me. I canceled two appointments today so that I would be home to receive any such call.

My frustration with the failure of your staff to follow up with customers is secondary to the original issue: I should not be having to make student loan payments until September 14, 2011. I have in my hands account deferment information from both PPSLC and ACS, the latter of which indicates that my next payment due date should not be until September 14, 2011. Someone at ACS apparently assumed that my due date in 2011 was all because of my in-school deferment, when in reality my deferment was only for 3 months. My due date was then changed accordingly, which was incorrect. My 3-month in-school deferment was indeed supposed to end. Nevertheless, I had made several large payments to PPSLC that pushed my due date farther into the future, regardless of my in-school deferment.

My repeated attempts to explain this situation to your representatives has resulted only in more delays and in unkept promises. Also, there is a considerable language barrier. I mean no disrespect, but your representatives are overseas, my guess is India, and although they are courteous and professional, they are not addressing my needs.

Please, please have someone knowledgeable and able to fix this situation contact me. I am frustrated and running out of patience.

• J
      Feb 21, 2010

I'm having a huge issue with ACS... I consolidated my loans through OneSimpleLoan, which got bought out by CFS-Suntech, which got bought out by Chase. Each time a buyout occurs, my payment history is maintained and I finally received a 1% interest deduction after my 36th ontime payment. Now Chase's federal student loan division just got bought out by ACS and they are claiming that my ontime benefit resets. How can they breach my original agreement like that?

Feb 26, 2010

I couldn't find my 1098E so I called Chase for a replacement and found out that my loan had been sold to ACS 8 days ago. I created an account on ACS and saw that my interest rate from Chase had increased 1.25% (I lost my 1% deduction for 36 months on time and 0.25% for automatic bank draft). I called ACS and they said that someone would research my payment history within 30 days and adjust my interest rate retroactively. I mailed the application to start an automatic bank draft because ACS said the draft from Chase wouldn't transfer. I wonder if Chase will stop that draft.

I asked when I would be officially notified of this transfer. The answer from ACS was vague. Their mode of operation will efficiently wreck a 36-month on-line payment history. Based upon the experiences of other people, I have to assume that plan is deliberate, not coincidental.

I'm lucky that I discovered this on Day 8. By the way, my 1098E was right where it was supposed to be. I had just shuffled it to the side with the other credit card notices.

Feb 26, 2010

ACS was purchased by Xerox in Sept 2009. I wonder how that will affect their operations.

• I could not agree more.

My loan was sold to ACS back in April 2009. In May I started making payments to ACS each and every month. In July I was given a bill claiming I never made any payments and that money was owed. I called and sent proof of payment to ACS and was told the matter was being taken care of. In September I was sent yet another bill claiming that only one payment had been made and credited to my account. Again I had to fax over copies of my cancelled checks showing that every payment I made was sent to the same address and deposited into the same account with ACS but they were only able to find one of five made by me. I followed up for three weeks and was told the matter was taken care of.

In December my loans were transferred to NelNet (which I never heard of and I was never informed of). I called to obtain a copy of my 1098 and was told of the loan transfer which confused me since the dollar amount reported by ACS was so low. After several calls made by me I learned that the missing payments were never taken care of and that ACS had never credited me for them causing the 1098 information to be incorrect. It is week 5 and I am still no closer to a resolution. I have called, faxed, e-mail, and called again but still nothing has been done. I am told Levon ext 2488 is working on the issue but nothing is happening. If all the information is clearly on the checks including the account numbers and dates why is it so hard to resolve this??

I just want to file my taxes. I made my payments and should get credit for them. Please help. Is there a complaint I can file or an agency I can call because enough is enough. Either they need to apply the payments and give me the proper 1098 information or refund the money I paid nothing else will do.

• R
      Mar 10, 2010

My chase loan just got transfered to ACS. They AND Wachovia have been useless. I received an undated letter indicating my transfer on 3/2/2010 with my payment due 3/14/2010. They sent no bill. They discontinued my ACH payments I have had automatically for 10 years! They gave me 12 DAYS NOTICE! RIDICULOUS. Their customer service people have treated me like a dog and dont know answers to anything. One even told me, you are not a customer, you are a borrower! Like I was some piece of ### owing money to the mob! I filed BBB complaints. Even better is to file complaints with the Federal Reserve. They can actually lead to government investigations by federal regulators.

ACS is basically the bottom feeding ### land lords of the student loan world.

Mar 11, 2010

I am also a fan of the I HATE ACS fanclub. I was originally with Panhandle Plains as well. When my account was turned over to ACS I received a letter stating so. I was in a prepaid status with Panhandle Plains and my next payment was not due until March of 2012, yet I continued to make monthly payments so that I could pay it off early and pay less in interest. Since I was in a prepaid status, ACS never sent me a bill. A few months later I called them to find out how I could continue to make payments. The customer service rep apparently misunderstood my request and she took my account off of prepaid status. Which then made my account show that I owed all sorts of late charges and no payment charges. I called them again to resolve the situation and they tried to tell me they couldn't take them off and that they would have to do an ivestigation to find out what really happened. I called multiple times a week and I just kept requesting to speak to a supervisor until I finally got a hold of someone that resolved the situation.
    After hearing a complaint on the Dave Ramsey show about ACS, I decided to do some research on them. I found out that they have an F rating with the BBB. I saw all the complaints from everyone so I have decided to go ahead and pay my loan in full. It is going to take most of my savings account but I will be happy to be out from under their finger.
    I am just going to keep documentation of every time I talk to them, who I talk to, the date, the time and I am keeping record of all transactions.
    When I called to get my payoff amount, I made sure to tell them that I am aware of all of the complaints against them and that they have an F rating with the BBB. The lady denied it at first then just ended the converstaion.

• D
      Mar 14, 2010

This is not good news but I just received notice that my Chase Student Loan was sold to ACS. I have been working night and day to get the ACS bill paid off and now this...I will definitely be writing the BBB AND the Federal Reserve.

Mar 23, 2010

I would suggest contacting the ACS CEO to let him know about your problems:

Mr Lynn Blodgett

lynn.[protected]@acs-inc.com

Hope this helps some folks here!

Mar 25, 2010

ACS' business practice is unethical and unlawful. ACS changed my interest rate without cause or prior notice. They are also miscalculating the interest, and misapplying my payments. I would strongly suggest that all customers review the way the ACS is applying their payments, and make sure they have not arbitrarily changed your interest rate.

When I contacted ACS about their error, I got the runaround and stonewalled (to put it mildly). I was intentionally hung up on several times, even though I was not rude. It seems as if hanging up on the customer was a standard way for the customer service representative to deal with a customer when it is discovered that ACS has made a loan processing error.

When I call back and ask to speak to a supervisor, I'm told each time that there is none available, but that one will call me back, which never happens. When I ask for a supervisors name or extension number, I'm told that they are not allowed to give me that information. In short, I'm completely stonewalled from getting the problem resolved.

It seems necessary that to resolve this problem, I will have to contact the proper oversight agencies that regulate ACS, as well as the media to expose their unethical and unlawful business practices. I strongly suggest others do the same. It's time to put the spotlight on this unethical company.

Apart from the above efforts to expose ACS, it will likely take a class action lawsuit to get ACS to change their methods of handling customer's loans. If any class action lawyers who practice in the area of fraudulent loan servicing are reading this, feel free to contact me at: [protected]@apicellalaw.com. I will happily act as lead plaintiff.

• X
      Mar 26, 2010

I couldnt agree more with all of the complaints! The customer service was extremely rude and unfamiliar with their own processes! I do all of my billing online and the billing information I was reviewing stated that my account was current. I had set up automated monthly payments and assumed all was well. However, when reviewing my credit score, I came to find I was reported as 90 days late. I went back to my ACS account screen and it stated I was current. When I spoke to a representative, she was very rude so I asked to speak to a Supervisor. From there, the Supervisor was very abrupt and her sole purpose was to get me off of the phone. I am not done disputing the claim and will take it to the top if necessary.

• A
      Apr 08, 2010

ACS is a scam syndicate and a disorganized institution of harassers. I'm a victim of IDENTITY THEFT that actually took place through a different bank via the internet four years ago. ACS bought that loan from the bank a year and a half ago, and have been sending me bills every since. As of today, I've had to request my THIRD fraudulent loan affidavit form to prove I do NOT owe them any money, and ACS claims the first form I filled out never made it back to them. The second form I requested (after finding out MONTHS after sending the first affidavit back to them) was never sent it to me! It's like they don't want to admit they bought a loan from a bank that was stupid enough to give away money to any 'ol crook with a stolen SSN and the dexterity in their hands to click on an "I agree that I am who I claim to be" e-signiture button on their online master promissory note web page. So I get the feeling I'll never see this third affidavit form I requested because ACS doesn't want to deal with it, and this identity theft will NEVER be solved. Hell, the original culprit will probably get away with the whole thing even if I do prove my case. Meanwhile, these ACS loan sharks will continue to harass me for the money that I don't owe, all because they're is too ###ed or purposefully trying to lose paperwork... especially their affidavit forms that could make them forfeit their precious interest! I'm refuse to pay for a loan I never took out. But at the same time, I'm tired of this run-around.

• H
      Apr 12, 2010

"Rude" is an understatement for ACS customer service. I asked to speak with the supervisor regarding a conversation I had with their agent that was extremely rude, and the supervisor didn't even bother to ask me what the nature of my complaint was about...she just simply said "we're sorry" and wanted to hang up as fast as she could. Somebody, PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY!!! They need to be bought by someone else, or be put on public trial for being extraordinarily RUDE!!!

• R
      Apr 12, 2010

I filed BBB and federal reserve complaints against ACS for problems noted in a previous post. The ACS rep that responded to my complaint tried to make out everything to be my fault before I even told him what the complaint was. Fortunately a Wachovia rep followed up and wasn't surprised by the issues I was having. She said they get tons of complaints about the way ACS services their loans. Fortunately she was able to take care of alot of my issues. The best part is that she told me Wachovia is looking into servicing their own loans and dumping ACS. I look forward to that day.

• A
      Apr 20, 2010

The worst company of any kind to ever serve mankind. Enough Said. I will do the impossible to transfer my loans out somewhere else, if that is an option at all.

May 11, 2010

It seems ACS has become hip to all your complaints. My loan was recently transferred to ACS and for some reason I cant even pass the borrower registration. Which really sucks because their is no way for me to pay my bill online. Instead I have to waste paper and send in checks. I have called 5 times for the same issue and all they tell me is "They will forward a request to IT to update my information" The problem is, when I call they tell all the right information, the same info that I am currently trying to login with! This is just ridiculous, I am still in the process of trying to get this issue resolved. I think an email to the CEO is in order if I dont get this issue resolved tomorrow.

May 18, 2010

OMG! I just read all the notes that everyone here has written, after trying reatedly to register to their site, with negative results. I have no idea what to next as I'm still only employed part-time, and was able to file that with Chase which had my loan note, from Suntech. Now I wonder, what will happen? Many of you mention fees, etc., how much can this company do to my credit in damage? And there is no phone number to call!!! So how am I supposed to resolve the issue?!

May 18, 2010

I haven't had any problems with ACS until a few months ago when the said that they hadn't received my payments. Since I save all of my copies, I tried calling them on the phone which was a total waste of time. Before that, I got a nasty letter from them asking me to pay up. I sent them an equally nasty email, and told them to check their records.
    I just made a payment a few days ago and haven't received confirmation. I'm thinking of contacting them AGAIN, and then call the BBB, or my local TV station.

• N
      Jun 09, 2010

I just graduated college, and am about to start repaying my loans with ACS. I heard my father arguing with the ACS service about my sister's loans so I did some researching, and found out it wasn't just because of my father being a pretty semi-rude customer. Last comment less than a month ago, nothing really seems to have changed with this company. Is it possible to switch Loan companies before your first scheduled payment period?

If anything as long as we keep records, we should be alright, but would be a hassle to fix if the problems are left accruing.

Also, if any of the above happens to me I'll follow you guys with the BBB, local TV station, News screw, Feds, etc. If we can get enough exposure on this in the media I'm sure the company would do something. Otherwise they will lose reputation, etc. Also with Xerox's brand on it, could be more motivation for operational change in ACS.
    A great and fast way maybe through YouTube. Keep spamming views to get it to the front page so other news stations hear of it and report on it when it gets viral. Good luck everyone! I've read it screwed up a lot of peoples' lives... not cool!

• I
      Jun 12, 2010

I've had problems with this company in the past but luckily, I had decided early on to pay off the loan as soon as possible so I don't have to deal with them anymore. I hate that they use my social security number as my account number...it just makes communicating with them harder because you want to protect your number as much as you can.

Anyway, I thought finally I'm done with my loan payoff but what do you know...I accrued a FEW CENTS of interest. I went to the site to pay off that amount but the stupid site won't let me pay off anything under a dollar and what's more stupid is that it won't allow me to make any payment more than the amount I owe. So now I hope I don't get penalized for a few cents that will not meet the deadline. Anyone with similar experiences?

Jun 13, 2010

I have experienced what the majority of you all have with ACS. Whether it's the phone-service, trouble logging in (even setting up an online account, which took me days!), hang-ups, long correspondence--it's been a huge burden. As soon as I began encountering these things, I suspected a scam. I'll keep my words short--everyone has covered my experience in their own words!

My 2 Question Are:

Is there ANY way to get your loans transferred to another company? I'd like to get as far away from ACS as possible because I don't trust them in their ethics or in their excellence.

Anyone have advice on how to specify their administration of a large sum of money to a loan? I'm planning on paying off a fair amount, but am afraid they'll misapply it to my other loans!

For any help with either question, I am grateful!

Jun 28, 2010

Horrible nightmare this company is... they promised to send me papers for low income based payments about 15 days ago and I have recieved nothing. I am tired of this crap. We need to find a way to sue these [censor]